British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

It said on Radio Leicester Team Manager David Hemsley said last rider to be Simon Stead

I have also heard DH is the team manager,that if true is a real disaster for Leicester

I couldnt think at the time! I was traumatised over the nasty comments id received about my nasty comment i made about the nasty comments from the "most" nasty of people.

Plus i couldnt remember "jason's" name and thought it would be too hard to look for it so john would do. No harm done.

P.s

Soz Doyley or JD or whatever it is. Johns better anyway i reckon, but its up to you, what with it being your name and all that ;)

John it is then.I like it

John, formally known as Jason, who changed his name to get a visa, will be fine as a number 1. He is improving each year.

I think John will be great for the lions now that the visa issue is sorted,riding under another name is fine apparently,Craig Cook is really the old lions legend Colin Cook minus the beard.

• Like 1

And is that your honest opinion. Have you seen these riders round our home track. Jason Doyle (apart from Craig Cook) is the best visiting rider to have rode our track. Patrick rode awesome in the 2 meetings i seen him there and Simon Stead scored 13 points on his 1 and only visit. Peter and Mads fair point havent ridden it yet but i think they will adapt too it no problem. We have a team of racwers and contrary too many peoples opinion i think we will surprise a few so will be happy too come on here when we do say there ya go!!!

I have been to Leicester and came the first year, venue was nice but the track and racing was awful.

Jason's an acknowledge trapper and anyone who can gate is generally going to do well at Leicester, whether the others do well remains to be seen but I certainly think you are one of the poorer sides alongside Birmingham and Wolves.

I think Leicester will finish around 7th. Just think the worst EL side on paper (birmingham) would in theroy have 4 riders who would be PL number 1s, EL is far superior to any PL side.

EL is far superior to any PL side.

Think that's a given, yet some will still like to believe different. :rofl:

I have also heard DH is the team manager,that if true is a real disaster for Leicester

there are not many promoters (as opposed to co promoters) who double up as team managers. And I guess for good reason. Sure sign the riders and negotiate the deals etc, but to team manage as well? not good practice at all...in my opinion, it may on the face of it save money, but if that is the reason then I fear it could prove to be a false ecconomy. Hope I am wrong because if not, DH being team manager could undo the good work he has done in putting a reasonable looking team together.

there are not many promoters (as opposed to co promoters) who double up as team managers. And I guess for good reason. Sure sign the riders and negotiate the deals etc, but to team manage as well? not good practice at all...in my opinion, it may on the face of it save money, but if that is the reason then I fear it could prove to be a false ecconomy. Hope I am wrong because if not, DH being team manager could undo the good work he has done in putting a reasonable looking team together.

To be fair most promoters probably manage from a distance it's just they just don't shout about it. It's their business. Particularly when the team aren't doing too well and it's not a rose tinted view if DH is the manager just facing facts

I have been to Leicester and came the first year, venue was nice but the track and racing was awful.

Jason's an acknowledge trapper and anyone who can gate is generally going to do well at Leicester, whether the others do well remains to be seen but I certainly think you are one of the poorer sides alongside Birmingham and Wolves.

You just worry about your team(I think you need to) my love and leave us to worry about ours

There are not many promoters (as opposed to co promoters) who double up as team managers.

It's one way to make sure you get on the tele though when Sky are in town. :wink:

John it is then.I like it

I think John will be great for the lions now that the visa issue is sorted,riding under another name is fine apparently,Craig Cook is really the old lions legend Colin Cook minus the beard.

Oooooh. Colin Cook. :wub: One of my all time favourite Leicester riders, purely for his style of riding though. That's why I like Simon Stead as well, although Simon also has the added attraction of always coming round on a victory lap which was appreciated at Coventry when most of the riders just went straight back to the pits and sod the fans.

P.S. I like you - you've got a sense of humour Shirl.

So Glyn didn't return to Australia for the Winter? I bet he's really glad he stayed over here with our lovely weather. :lol: Does sound encouraging if they can actually work on the track. I think they've been trying at Coventry since December but it's still flooded. :neutral:

I personaly think that the Lions need a team manager with EL experiance. It is not a job for the Stadium Promoter to take in hand.

You need someone with a good knowladge of what they are doing and someone who can encourage the team and keep them all focused.

We haven't got an EL winning side but I think it is one that should do well this year. Even better is they have someone there, who can pull the last 10 penoth out of them.

To put things in perspective.. Leicesters #1 is also a 2013 pl side #1 !

Leicesters #5 is a PL number 1 too.

No track reshaping just re-laying the track from the base up with fresh shale & general fence repairs etc

Glyn has posted on FB that there will be no practices until after the season has started, 'we are redoing the drains and then rebuilding the track for the start of the season'. Sounds encouraging?....

Norrie Allen new team manager

Our very own Dave Howard to manage the Cubs in the NL trophy

It's one way to make sure you get on the tele though when Sky are in town. :wink:

Oooooh. Colin Cook. :wub: One of my all time favourite Leicester riders, purely for his style of riding though. That's why I like Simon Stead as well, although Simon also has the added attraction of always coming round on a victory lap which was appreciated at Coventry when most of the riders just went straight back to the pits and sod the fans.

P.S. I like you - you've got a sense of humour Shirl.

Thanks Gemini I think it's essential to have a sense of humour on this forum as sometimes there is too much negativity and back biting

As for the legend that is Colin Cook I didn't realise he was such a heartthrob maybe it was the 'beard'but more than likely his riding of the boards.A top entertainer round Blackbird Road.

Keep smiling

• Like 2