British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

My mole at BP now tells me Kenni Larsen's on his way to Leicester!

Yep, saw him myself, he took the wrong lane on the motorway, probably now heading to Birmingham :t:

• Like 1

My mole at BP now tells me Kenni Larsen's on his way to Leicester!

Could do worse - a good gater, and he looked very sharpe when I saw him at Munkebo a couple of weeks ago (outscoring Hans Andersen)

Larsen stated in the winter his Polish club wont let him join a Saturday track.

DH said that Larssen agreed terms for him to join Leicester if Jason was delayed by his Visa problems. I am not surprised that He appears to be the replacement this time.

Whats going on i go away to Finland with some friends for the SGP & come home to all these rumours about Leicester.

The Tampere track was a replica of Leicester so still not seen any passing.

Spent some time with Jari Makinen in Finland you will pleased to know he has recovered from his broken leg.

Did anyone goto the youth meeting last saturday wish i could have been there to watch Lewis Whitmore but well done on making the rostrum Lewis.

Was this meeting filmed by clean cut ?

The shape of the track may have been the same or near the same as BP, but the surface of the track was just rubbish. It was so soft and loose they where buried up to the exhasts at the start. and there where so many humps and bumps around the track it resembled a plowed field. What I want to know is how did thye Finn's manage to get that track passed by the SGP board to race there. You may just as well have pick on a farmers field and stuck a few ropes to define the track and you would not have known any difference. I hope that they never race there again if they do then someone is pulling some strings somewhere.

The track has been laid since September so it didn't cut up but i think the material they used was just awful.

Bad news is they have a contract for another 2 years.

I would go again because I have Jari & his family out there as long as the track material is changed & the alter the shape to produce better racing.

The shape of the track may have been the same or near the same as BP, but the surface of the track was just rubbish. It was so soft and loose they where buried up to the exhasts at the start. and there where so many humps and bumps around the track it resembled a plowed field. What I want to know is how did thye Finn's manage to get that track passed by the SGP board to race there. You may just as well have pick on a farmers field and stuck a few ropes to define the track and you would not have known any difference. I hope that they never race there again if they do then someone is pulling some strings somewhere.

DH said that Larssen agreed terms for him to join Leicester if Jason was delayed by his Visa problems. I am not surprised that He appears to be the replacement this time.

Delayed .....in that case was it more of a short-term cover (up until Polish season/Jason arrival)

Did anyone goto the youth meeting last saturday wish i could have been there to watch Lewis Whitmore but well done on making the rostrum Lewis.

Was this meeting filmed by clean cut ?

It was filmed (by that nice man from CleanCut) including all the overtakes (yes plural). An excellent meeting. Lewis looked the best rider in his class (unbeaten in his heats) but one of the Woodhull's got the better of him in the final.

good crowd for a meeting at this level, who really got behind the Thompson twins. Joe led the 125cc final until the final bend when the persistence of a wee lad called Jolyon West paid off.

Edited by arnieg

I have good news for Leicester Lions followers. Keep the faith, it will all be achieved.

David Hemsley and Avtar Sandhu are collaborating on a plan to drive Coventry out of business,much sooner than after 3 seasons.

First of all, Sandhu sacks the established track curator, and hires someone who is paid to mess things up. He drives Havelock and his team up the wall by continually preparing unsuitable tracks.

Sandhu also lets things go on maintainence at Brandon, the crowds diminish because the place gets unsafe, and with a bit of luck it will get closed down by H&S.

Hopefully (per their plan), Horton will chuck in the towel. As a backup, just in case, the West Midland's best arsonist is put onto standby to torch the place.

Leicester take over Coventry's Friday race night, and live happily ever after because they have far less problems signing riders whose Polish clubs want to hold them captive on Saturdays.

Mwahahahaaaaaaaa!!!!

But there's more.

To Sandhu's horror, Hemsley, grinning malevolently, peels off a rubber mask to reveal his true identity............MATT FORD :shock: :shock: :shock:

Mwahhahahahaaaaaaaaa!!!...........

Sleep well, don't have nightmares :D

I have good news for Leicester Lions followers. Keep the faith, it will all be achieved.

David Hemsley and Avtar Sandhu are collaborating on a plan to drive Coventry out of business,much sooner than after 3 seasons.

First of all, Sandhu sacks the established track curator, and hires someone who is paid to mess things up. He drives Havelock and his team up the wall by continually preparing unsuitable tracks.

Sandhu also lets things go on maintainence at Brandon, the crowds diminish because the place gets unsafe, and with a bit of luck it will get closed down by H&S.

Hopefully (per their plan), Horton will chuck in the towel. As a backup, just in case, the West Midland's best arsonist is put onto standby to torch the place.

Leicester take over Coventry's Friday race night, and live happily ever after because they have far less problems signing riders whose Polish clubs want to hold them captive on Saturdays.

Mwahahahaaaaaaaa!!!!

But there's more.

To Sandhu's horror, Hemsley, grinning malevolently, peels off a rubber mask to reveal his true identity............MATT FORD :shock: :shock: :shock:

Mwahhahahahaaaaaaaaa!!!...........

Sleep well, don't have nightmares :D

I can see your humour but I'm not sure the Coventry fans will

anyone hear how the planning application decision went yesterday?

The details of the decision are now on the web.

http://rcweb.leicester.gov.uk/planning/onlinequery/Details.aspx?AppNo=20132313

Conditional approval has been given. Am looking through the conditions now & it seems a development programme for the cycle track, BMX track & 5 a side pitches needs to be submitted within 3 months. Also the acoustic fence proposed to go around the back of the pits needs to be done in the next two months (is this already in place?)

Can someone who knows/understands more about the plans proposed & conditions summarise what the main conditions & issues will be in laymens term please!

Edited by Astill lodge lion

.......Hamish McRaker.....

You've missed the bit off about some of the riders joining in this conspiracy as well because they're doing a damn good job at the moment to make the fans disgruntled with their performances. :lol:

You've missed the bit off about some of the riders joining in this conspiracy as well because they're doing a damn good job at the moment to make the fans disgruntled with their performances. :lol:

Aye, and in tonight's performance they forgot the script

• Like 2

They certainly did. :lol: Fisher's still a worry though.