British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

I can see your humour but I'm not sure the Coventry fans will

That was humour?

hi . hope you are still enjoying life in the elite league

The details of the decision are now on the web.

http://rcweb.leicester.gov.uk/planning/onlinequery/Details.aspx?AppNo=20132313

Conditional approval has been given. Am looking through the conditions now & it seems a development programme for the cycle track, BMX track & 5 a side pitches needs to be submitted within 3 months. Also the acoustic fence proposed to go around the back of the pits needs to be done in the next two months (is this already in place?)

Can someone who knows/understands more about the plans proposed & conditions summarise what the main conditions & issues will be in laymens term please!

A broad summary (with the caveat that I have not gone back and reread every document from this or the original submission)

This is a retrospective application - i.e. it is seeking consent for something that has already been done. In this case it looks like it is seeking consent to deviations from the original planning consent of 2009. So in 2009 the application had a long list of conditions - and obviously some of these have not been complied with (any visitor to the site can spot some of these shortcomings). The current application appears in most cases to be seeking the council's permission to ignore those original conditions that have not been complied with and carry on regardless.

The decision notice has approved this subject to conditions, but most of these conditions are negations of the request to have the conditions lifted. Of these the BMX/cycle 5-a-side facilities look like the most significant.

So the chronology runs:

2009 LCC grants permission subject to DH doing X

2011 DH develops site without doing X

2013 LCC says you still need to do X unless you put in a planning application which we approve that says you don't need to

2013 Application seeking to have various conditions lifted submitted

2014 LCC determine application saying you must still do all of these things - and these are updated conditions that apply to them

Some (like signage and marking out car park don't seem to be too onerous), and the usage conditions look very generous, but ALL has highlighted the central problem. No doubt DH can come up with a programme for installing the other facilities but the council will expect it to have realistic deadlines for development of the new facilities and I foresee further problems when (as I suspect is likely to be the case) they are not delivered.

PS Interesting to see Mike Richardson is now head of planning; he was a planner (and constituent of mine) 25 years ago when I first became a councillor (and member of the planning ctte) in Leicester!

• Like 1

The details of the decision are now on the web.

http://rcweb.leicester.gov.uk/planning/onlinequery/Details.aspx?AppNo=20132313

Conditional approval has been given. Am looking through the conditions now & it seems a development programme for the cycle track, BMX track & 5 a side pitches needs to be submitted within 3 months. Also the acoustic fence proposed to go around the back of the pits needs to be done in the next two months (is this already in place?)

Can someone who knows/understands more about the plans proposed & conditions summarise what the main conditions & issues will be in laymens term please!

I noticed somewhere in the documents, a reason given for not moving ahead on original plans for the other sports, (as well as the general economic climate) was that the Council supposedly "implied" these were no longer priority needs and therefore a funding grant bid was not made to Sport England. That sounds a very tenuous reason!

It also looks as if this time, a bid has been made using the services of a relevant professional bid-writing company. The new application also states that a company has given firm indication of commitment to being involved in the football pitches project, and the new planning permission reduces many previous requirements for drainage work.

So overall it requires a revised development plan to be agreed with the council within a set time scale, and then likewise its implementation. Sounds like the council is being more than fair, but probably they've had no choice. Maybe they wont be as lenient again if things start to slip!

Last but not least, no badgers should be harmed, and if any Great Crested Newts are discovered in the area when work is being done, everything has to stop. I can already imagine DH digging a pond in his back garden and searching on Amazon for a copy of "How to breed Great Crested Newts" !

Jepsen Jensen is open to a UK club, Leicester is a possible option Im told.

Is Hougaard really going to quit the UK?

• Like 2

I noticed somewhere in the documents, a reason given for not moving ahead on original plans for the other sports, (as well as the general economic climate) was that the Council supposedly "implied" these were no longer priority needs and therefore a funding grant bid was not made to Sport England. That sounds a very tenuous reason!

It also looks as if this time, a bid has been made using the services of a relevant professional bid-writing company. The new application also states that a company has given firm indication of commitment to being involved in the football pitches project, and the new planning permission reduces many previous requirements for drainage work.

So overall it requires a revised development plan to be agreed with the council within a set time scale, and then likewise its implementation. Sounds like the council is being more than fair, but probably they've had no choice. Maybe they wont be as lenient again if things start to slip!

Last but not least, no badgers should be harmed, and if any Great Crested Newts are discovered in the area when work is being done, everything has to stop. I can already imagine DH digging a pond in his back garden and searching on Amazon for a copy of "How to breed Great Crested Newts" !

Is Hougaard really going to quit the UK?

Thought he already had quit the UK.....?

So no Artem Laguta in the Best Pairs tonight in Sweden. Maybe because he's back home and his passport is with British immigration so he can get a visa?!

Edited by SCB

At a quick glance I can't see his name.

So no Artem Laguta in the Best Pairs tonight in Germany. Maybe because he's back home and his passport is with British immigration so he can get a visa?!

Germany?? The land of the magical switch!!

Germany?? The land of the magical switch!!

Fingers got the better of me, they're in Sweden.

We find that lots of people on here slag off the BP track. Did anyone watch the race last night from Sweden. That was one of the most boring races I think I have ever seen, the riders where so spread around the track it was like watching 4 races in one. I have seen far better racing than that at BP, I still say it is not all about the track it is about the comitment of the riders. There have been quite a few who have not raced there before who have come to grips with the track and have soon learned how to ride it and yes there have been some good competative meetings.

It is never going to be a track to make great passing manovers on, but with some good team riding there is still a great spectator sport there if only you care to take a look at it and forget all about seeing riders overtaking all the time. If the riders learn the track and the racing lines that are far and few then the racing you want to see may just come about.

It has never from the races I have I seen been so poor as what I watched last night.

We find that lots of people on here slag off the BP track. Did anyone watch the race last night from Sweden. That was one of the most boring races I think I have ever seen, the riders where so spread around the track it was like watching 4 races in one. I have seen far better racing than that at BP, I still say it is not all about the track it is about the comitment of the riders. There have been quite a few who have not raced there before who have come to grips with the track and have soon learned how to ride it and yes there have been some good competative meetings.

It is never going to be a track to make great passing manovers on, but with some good team riding there is still a great spectator sport there if only you care to take a look at it and forget all about seeing riders overtaking all the time. If the riders learn the track and the racing lines that are far and few then the racing you want to see may just come about.

It has never from the races I have I seen been so poor as what I watched last night.

Iv watched 3 meetings on bet365 and seen 3 passes. 3 passes in 45 heats. Thats poor. As for the Swedish meeting, that track is considered their version of Leicester.

Anyway, comparing rubbish with rubbish to prove you're not as rubbish is silly. You should be looking to be the best, not at least on a par with rubbish.

Iv watched 3 meetings on bet365 and seen 3 passes. 3 passes in 45 heats. Thats poor. As for the Swedish meeting, that track is considered their version of Leicester.

Anyway, comparing rubbish with rubbish to prove you're not as rubbish is silly. You should be looking to be the best, not at least on a par with rubbish.

Didn't know we'd been on bet365 3 times, even including away fixtures.....!

Time to talk to Dave you lot, Tom, Dick and Abdi can't do anything on here...!!!

Didn't know we'd been on bet365 3 times, even including away fixtures.....!

Time to talk to Dave you lot, Tom, Dick and Abdi can't do anything on here...!!!

Yes, that would be the usual next move.

But sadly, old chum, that's been tried and to cut a very, very long story short, it hasn't changed things. Those who have tried are mostly now spending their time and energies on other things, which are hopefully more rewarding and satisfying than butting their heads against a wall.

It looks as if the only remaining hope is that Glyn Taylor can perform a miracle. Apparently he's currently out in Ukraine trying to sort out a peace deal with Russia, then he's due in the middle east to solve the Israel/Palestine issue, but should be back at Beaumont Park by Sunday. ;)