British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

Just listened to Norrie Allan on the radio saying top 5 did well but not good enough at reserve and will have to look to address it. Gating is poor which makes Heat 2 & 9 are a problem.

He said it isn't Max or Tom's fault blame him and the promotion for possibly picking the wrong riders.

Whilst I doubt that they are looking at getting rid this early, to publicly say that the problem is at reserve is doing what was anticipated and putting pressure immediately on two young reserves and blaming their performances for the defeats (including p'boro)

Maybe; address = teach them to gate.

When he's done that can you get him to give Chris Harris a lesson as well please. :lol:

• Like 3

When he's done that can you get him to give Chris Harris a lesson as well please. :lol:

Hasn't he already tried.....???

Do we know what program he is supposed to have said it on?

Real shame that Charles Wright wasn't in the draft - presumably he chose not to be, as I'm fairly sure he would have been eligible, and would have been good choice as no.6 for Lions.

Tom P would have been far better off as a no.7 and i think he was perhaps classified wrongly as a no.6. If you look at the other no.6 riders in the EL, only Stefan Nielsen at BV isn't riding in the PL (but he has lots of experience), which further serves to underline how unfair it is on Tom to be expected to fill that position, especially with such an inexperienced guy as Max Clegg at 7.

I wonder what Allan means by "address" ?

Hasn't he already tried.....???

Oh yes.....I'd forgotten that he used to be his manager/mechanic or something. Chris has had so many it's hard to keep up. :wink:

Do we know what program he is supposed to have said it on?

I don't know but I would have thought Radio Leicester?

• Like 1

It was on radio Leicester Tues night at about 6.25. He may have meant that they would work on gating skills but it didn't come across as that.

Real shame that Charles Wright wasn't in the draft - presumably he chose not to be, as I'm fairly sure he would have been eligible, and would have been good choice as no.6 for Lions.

Tom P would have been far better off as a no.7 and i think he was perhaps classified wrongly as a no.6. If you look at the other no.6 riders in the EL, only Stefan Nielsen at BV isn't riding in the PL (but he has lots of experience), which further serves to underline how unfair it is on Tom to be expected to fill that position, especially with such an inexperienced guy as Max Clegg at 7.

I wonder what Allan means by "address" ?

Tom has more experience of the higher level than Stefan. Tom rode a full season for Somerset in 2012 and was signed alongside Stefan at Somerset again for 2013 - although neither of them managed to see out the whole season as changes were made which ultimately led to us going on to win the League.

Tom was expected to kick on last year but it never happened, and Stefan who started on a lower average actually achieved much more. Tom's gating has always been terrible, and if there's one thing you need around Leicester - it's to make a good start.

• Like 1

It was on radio Leicester Tues night at about 6.25. He may have meant that they would work on gating skills but it didn't come across as that.

Well maybe it should.

Oh dear are we even going to win a match this year. The way things are going the Lions will just about be able to get a point out of this season. I just don't think we are strong enough to compete in this league the riders we have just havn't got enough depth.

I hope I am wrong in the way I see things at the moment and that they will come on stronger as the weeks progress.

But at the moment they just seem to be so far behind, the rest of the Elite League teams.

What we have is nothing better than a PL team.

... other than the fact that the top 5 are about 10 points over the PL 7 man team limit...

Oh dear are we even going to win a match this year. The way things are going the Lions will just about be able to get a point out of this season. I just don't think we are strong enough to compete in this league the riders we have just havn't got enough depth.

I hope I am wrong in the way I see things at the moment and that they will come on stronger as the weeks progress.

But at the moment they just seem to be so far behind, the rest of the Elite League teams.

you will beat Bimingham
  • Like 1

Watched the meeting at Lakeside and Leicester were great value for money (took it to the last heat). First year in the EL is always going to be tough, but you have a good team spirit and every one of the Leicester riders were fully committed (That's most important). Doyle, Mads & Steady are all great racers - so plenty of entertainment heading your way. Keep your spirits up :)

I do think that they will get it together as the season goes along. It is a new team and the first time that they have all riden BP as thier home track. Will see how things come together on Saturday. At least the 2 reserves seems to be getting a little better than they where. One young Max Clegg gets his getting better and Tom Perry starts to ride at home like he did in the practice meeting then they should soon be in amonst the points.

Heres to the lads pulling off a win on Saturday. Nearly all the teams in the EL are in the same boat as the Lions as it is a new track to them all.