British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

During my conversations with the Leicester promotion earlier this year it was mentioned that Saturday night was speedway night and should it remain that way. I am quite sure that the management has will have a solution to any potential problems this may create.

Saturdays are speedway nights, yes, and they'll be mainly on the telly

....or maybe a big screen on the centre green

...after all, the stadium is now FIM accredited!

...after all, the stadium is now FIM accredited!

and we will see an FIM event at Leicester next season - on a Saturday!

It seems that Leicester are getting a bit of a shock with their elite league team planning for 2014.

They are getting a surprise at rider wage demands and some have simply said No to them.

I have heard strong reports that the Kaprazak deal will not happen due to his Poliish club not allowing him to ride on Saturdays before the Polish league and remember his previous club refusing to give him start permission when riding for Birmingham.

I can see Kenneth Bjerre at Leicester and possibly Danny King

Cannot imagine why

Kasprzak has been sacked by his last 3 EL clubs, apart from Poole. If you get 4 good meeting out of him in a season you will be lucky.

Ask a few Lakeside, Birmingham and Coventry supporters, there opinon of KK before you all start raving about the great signing if you sign him, beware he isnt the great rider he is made out to be.

The only raving I'd be doing is if (when) it all goes pear-shaped!

I said a few weeks ago thyey needed to move fast I just hope they have moved fast enough or the Lions team will be looking a little sad and depleated. Maybe better to move to a Thurday night then it rules out all the Saturday fixtures every other week.

Shame but I can see it having to happen.

I said a few weeks ago thyey needed to move fast I just hope they have moved fast enough or the Lions team will be looking a little sad and depleated. Maybe better to move to a Thurday night then it rules out all the Saturday fixtures every other week.

Not sure if the shopping centre would be as co-operative over parking on Thursdays, but it may have to happen in order to have a better chance of building a team.

Cookie signs for belle Vue. Never in doubt. You can forget him now

• Like 2

Cookie signs for belle Vue. Never in doubt. You can forget him now

I don't think Craig Cook was ever gonna sign for the lions.We should admire his loyalty to Edinburgh and The aces.Good luck to him,he is a top rider and entertainer

My confidence comes from riders of 2012 & 2013.

There was an issue at end of 2012 & midway through last season where wages were a little late but that was cleared up.

Lionking, So are you saying they always pay on time or not?

Do you know if everyone has been paid up for 2013..

You've dodged a bullet if you've missed out on Kasprzak, if his inconsistency isn't infuriating enough, his Polish clubs interfering with your lines up for some matches would push you over the edge.

• Like 2

From the team announcements so far, it looks like British-based riders are being signed-up by Elite league teams as a priority.

Perhaps Leicester should focus first on getting a couple of Brit-based riders signed up, and I'm thinking in terms of the Simon Steads and Olly Allens, and who knows maybe Danny King. However, even these guys could be waiting to see if they can get team places elsewhere, before giving Leicester any close consideration.

The trouble is i would have thought the reason we have gone elite is that not enough people turned up to watch the Premier league on a Saturday, so it defeats the object if we then start riding every Monday, Thrursday or whatever other days are mentioned. You only have to look at some of the issues and the decisions made last year to realise the prediciment they're in. Remember, Last time we rode on a week night about 600 people turned up to watch a GB vs Australia match that on the face of it looked a pretty decent pull for the non regulars.

From the team announcements so far, it looks like British-based riders are being signed-up by Elite league teams as a priority.

Perhaps Leicester should focus first on getting a couple of Brit-based riders signed up, and I'm thinking in terms of the Simon Steads and Olly Allens, and who knows maybe Danny King. However, even these guys could be waiting to see if they can get team places elsewhere, before giving Leicester any close consideration.

If Glyn isn't involved with the signing of riders any more then there is the problem. If you were a rider wouldn't you look elsewhere before considering signing for the Lions if your dealings were with David Hemsley. The reputation precedes him methinks. See those Youtube clips.

Edited by volty
  • Like 1

Leicester's predicament highlights the fact that we rely way too much on foreign talent to build teams up, and now they don't want to do 36 matches.

At least 3 teams this year will be woefully weak.

• Like 1

have you not signed anyone yet :party:

Have it good authority from someone "close to the promotion" that 2 riders will be unveiled on Tuesday

The trouble is i would have thought the reason we have gone elite is that not enough people turned up to watch the Premier league on a Saturday, so it defeats the object if we then start riding every Monday, Thrursday or whatever other days are mentioned. That, as far as i can work out, is the business plan as it goes ('we can't afford to ride in the PL, lets go EL and hope either enough away supporters turn up and/or some TV company start subsidising us). You only have to look at some of the issues and the decisions made last year to realise the prediciment they're in. It looks win or bust desperation stakes by a desperate promotion without finances all day long. Remember, Last time we rode on a week night about 600 people turned up to watch a GB vs Australia match that on the face of it looked a pretty decent pull for the non regulars.

If Glyn isn't involved with the signing of riders any more then there is the problem. If you were a rider wouldn't you look elsewhere before considering signing for the Lions if your dealings were with David Hemsley. The reputation precedes him methinks. See those Youtube clips.

600? were you suffering from double vision or were you suffering from borderline schizophrenia after watching the tractors going round and round and round and....