British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

I didn't know I'd mentioned you . your a bit new here aren't you ?

Not really, quote button isn't working as it should from my mobile. ......

Looks ok in the post, but not the quote.

He was guesting for KL against Poole:

Ht 1 C. Holder K. Doolan N. Iversen R. Tungate 3-3 (3-3)(59.78)

Ht 2 D. Stachyra K. Doolan T. H Jonasson R. Worrall(Rtd) 4-2 (7-5)(61.97)

Ht 4 M. Janowski T. H Jonasson K. Doolan R. Schlein(Rtd) 5-1 (15-9)(60.44)

Ht 6 R. Schlein C. Holder R. Tungate K. Doolan 3-3 (20-16)(59.97)

Ht 8 S. Alden K. Doolan T. H Jonasson R. Tungate 1-5 (25-23)(60.47)

Ht 12 K. Doolan P. Pawlicki E. Kennett T. H Jonasson 2-4 (38-34)(61.16)

Ht 14 T. H Jonasson K. Doolan S. Alden D. Stachyra(Rtd) 3-3 (44-40)(61.79)

Agreed it was KL not LS he rode for after which the EL bookings flooded in for him & I believe he scored well - I for one would have him in the Lions 2014 team, not just for his scoring but also his attitude to winning and the fans...perfect no.4 in my book.

• Like 2

Agreed it was KL not LS he rode for after which the EL bookings flooded in for him & I believe he scored well - I for one would have him in the Lions 2014 team, not just for his scoring but also his attitude to winning and the fans...perfect no.4 in my book.

1 valve, I am in complete aggreement with you on that point...... Could be captain or at worse, vice captain...

I didn't know I'd mentioned you . your a bit new here aren't you ?

Just ignore everything he posts,he's a wind up merchant without anything constructive to say.

He seems to think he is being "controversial"......berk!

The trouble is i would have thought the reason we have gone elite is that not enough people turned up to watch the Premier league on a Saturday, so it defeats the object if we then start riding every Monday, Thrursday or whatever other days are mentioned. That, as far as i can work out, is the business plan as it goes ('we can't afford to ride in the PL, lets go EL and hope either enough away supporters turn up and/or some TV company start subsidising us). You only have to look at some of the issues and the decisions made last year to realise the prediciment they're in. It looks win or bust desperation stakes by a desperate promotion without finances all day long. Remember, Last time we rode on a week night about 600 people turned up to watch a GB vs Australia match that on the face of it looked a pretty decent pull for the non regulars.

If Glyn isn't involved with the signing of riders any more then there is the problem. If you were a rider wouldn't you look elsewhere before considering signing for the Lions if your dealings were with David Hemsley. The reputation precedes him methinks. See those Youtube clips.

Ah, so do you mean that DH is this year doing the negotiations because Glyn was so crap at it last year? Like a sort of "Masterclass" to show him how it should be done?

If so, and according to many posts on this forum, maybe Mr Hemsley should also be considering putting on "How To" Masterclasses in these subjects;

1. Motivate your team

2. Design a speedway track

3. Listen to and take into account the views of others

4. Create hype and actually believe it

Should prove to be big money-earners, if all the comments are right.

• Like 2

I see the reason we haven't signed any riders has just been explained by the promoter's wife on Lions supporters club facebook. It appears that no club can sign another clubs assets until after Dec 16th as the are protected until that date. All is well again. I'm learning a lot on facebook tonight. Is Yulia our new manager?

I see the reason we haven't signed any riders has just been explained by the promoter's wife on Lions supporters club facebook. It appears that no club can sign another clubs assets until after Dec 16th as the are protected until that date. All is well again. I'm learning a lot on facebook tonight. Is Yulia our new manager?

Thats not true. Coventry have loaned riders in and out.

Matt Ford mentioned this date at the weekend when talking about the Howarth situation, yet there have been loans and asset transfers taking place.

Don't tell me we are getting left behind because we are the only team playing by the rules.

• Like 1

Matt Ford mentioned this date at the weekend when talking about the Howarth situation, yet there have been loans and asset transfers taking place.

Don't tell me we are getting left behind because we are the only team playing by the rules.

Well you will learn the hard way

• Like 1

I'm sure it's nothing to do with rules. Leicester will have little choice but to wait and see what riders become available and there will be plenty with 5 man teams and a low points limit. Or do Leicester get Peterborough's assets?

Why the hell did we pick Tom Perry & Max Clegg?

We had 4th choice so we could have Steve Worrall Simon Lambert but we picked Tom Perry who had a shocking season last year.

This meant we had 2nd pick in the 2nd round of selection with the following left.

Joe Jacobs,Simon Lambert,Lee Smart,Dan Halsey,James Sarjeant,Ben Morley,Ben Hopwood,Daryl Ritchings , Dan Greenwood.

We pick 3rd from bottom of the list Max Clegg someone who still rides in the MDL & gets beaten.

Why did we not picked proven PL reserves like Jacobs, Lambert or Smart ????? This is a massive typical Leicester cock up to pick a rider who has lost all the potenial he had & an MDL standard rider.

Leicester now need a big top 5 to cover the weakest reserves pairing in the league but sadly i feel we will have a cheap patched up side so nothing but the "Belle Vue" Wooden Spoon award

Maybe the management are thinking that with the rule changes, reserves will have little effect on the outcome of a meeting. In most cases the reserve riders will be exiting the second bend as the winner crosses the line.