British Speedway Forum
jim the whipper

Leicester 2014 . Elite

Can anyone tell me what has happened to the Supporters club website. All it shows now is the yearly subscription charge.

Have they given up on this and just post on Facebook. Would rather have the website. Not a favorite of facebook.

What is the problem haven,t they got a webmaster to see to the page.

No Committee members listed for ages now we dont know who is running it , I dont think I will renew if we dont know the info

I don't think Leicester would have the option to change their reserve race night to Wednesdays as their Danish riders and possibly Doyle have agreed to ride in Denmark.

I think if the Thursday nights are going to be a problem then Mon would be the next best night

PM on FB?

Are these more "rude words" abbreviations?

Can Gemini translate, please!

I love reading Leicester threads because it keeps my brain active translating all the abbreviations before they reach my little grey cells. :lol: R/R is of course rider replacement (and there will be plenty of that this season.) PM is a private message and FB refers to Facebook. I'm sure you already know these but if you find out what FK stands for send me a PM on the BSF or FB please as I'm still struggling with that one.

Republic of South Africa.

In the I.T. world RSA is a security company named after the three founders Rivest, Shamir and Adleman. Many of us use their products and algorithms without realising.

I don't think Leicester would have the option to change their reserve race night to Wednesdays as their Danish riders and possibly Doyle have agreed to ride in Denmark.

I think if the Thursday nights are going to be a problem then Mon would be the next best night

Monday seems to make the most sense doesn't it?

Thanks to TMW for getting me a contact e-mail address for the supporters club website. Spoken to him and he is going to put it to the committe. Hope something comes from it as I hate to see the website down

Edited by weatherwatcher

Hearing a big whisper that Doyle has had his visa turned down and BSPA not backing him

Oh dear - not good if true.

Hearing a big whisper that Doyle has had his visa turned down and BSPA not backing him

That'll be about right as it's not as if Jason has rode in Britain for many seasons & always gave his best is it!!.

That'll be about right as it's not as if Jason has rode in Britain for many seasons & always gave his best is it!!.

As daft as it sounds, would it not suit the BSPA though. Doyle out may mean that Somerset can offer Morris a place after all and so stops all the legal posturing about Sheffield/Swindon etc...

I heard that Doyle's permit ran out in November and he didn't renew in time which is why the new visa hasn't been granted. If so i guess the 1 year cooling off period then applies. As Glennylion points out if Doyle is not going to get a permit then the double whammy for Leicester is that the Morris problem is then solved by him replacing Doyle at Somerset and staying at Swindon.

...As Glennylion points out if Doyle is not going to get a permit then the double whammy for Leicester is that the Morris problem is then solved by him replacing Doyle at Somerset and staying at Swindon.

Which leaves us with 13.26 to fill with two other riders. There are still plenty of riders available up to around 5.50, but not many above the 7.50 mark who we might realistically hope to sign. Morris and Sundstrom just fit. So would Freddie Lindgren and Lasse Bjerre. Our Saturday racenight which apparently made us such a desirable club to race for in the PL is severely restricting us in the EL.

I heard that Doyle's permit ran out in November and he didn't renew in time which is why the new visa hasn't been granted. If so i guess the 1 year cooling off period then applies. As Glennylion points out if Doyle is not going to get a permit then the double whammy for Leicester is that the Morris problem is then solved by him replacing Doyle at Somerset and staying at Swindon.

If that's true then I guess Jason really has only himself to blame as it has happened to Aussies before & Troy Batchelor said he had to stay in Britain till December to make sure he was ok.

Guess Jason wanted to get home to the sun as soon as he could but a real shame.

It puzzles me..... Who bares the responsibility of ensuring the Visa is renewed??

I always assumed that was down to the clubs to ensure that had the Visa`s in place?

If doyley has allowed it to run out knowing what he knows about all the issues some of the Oz boys faced last season you would ensure that you wouldn't let it lapse yourself??

If he hasn't renewed it in time i can only see a year out, no other way round it.

It isn't like the BSPA and the Oz riders didn't know about it!!

Whilst this is poor planning from Doyle, potentially very sensible from DH not to complete the line up. I would assume that Doyle's situation was known when he signed and so by keeping the last rider clear can give options.

Whilst I am happy with the line up and the inclusion of Doyle in particular, I was disappointed that there was no room for one of last years team. If Doyle can't get a Visa that would give us a chance to include Bjerre, Doolan, Nemo or MK and have a potential bigger hitter as a No 1. If DH has left rider 5 blank as a cover option, then he would have had 6 weeks or so to assess what is available.

When will the situation regarding Doyle be finalised?

• Like 1