British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DIAMONDS

Glasgow 2014

I disagree!

If we were to sign Henning, and he rode like he did last season, in my opinion, it would be a decent signing. Not world breaking but decent non the less. Last season Henning was brought in and I believe many thought he would challenge for a heat leader position, which didn't really come to fruition. Unfortunatley last seasons heat leaders all decreased their averages putting more pressure and expectation from the fans onto Henning to score the points the heatleaders were not . This season HOPEFULLY our top guys will maintain or in fact up their averages, which would leave Henning to get on with his business as being a solid middle order man, like he did last year.

I don't think Henning will ever be a PL heatleader again, but every team needs a solid team man in the middle order picking up those third places, ala Sean Courtney, and I genuinely believe Henning would do that for us this season.

Henning did the job he was asked last season, but because our team was weak and we only had 2 heatleaders it put pressure on Henning to be our third heatleader, he would do a good job as second string
  • Like 1

Already got that solid team man in the middle order to pick up those third places with the odd decent night thrown in in Rusty Harrison. I believe the final rider in the top five should be one capable of outscoring Harrison over the season for this team to succeed and I don't think Bager would be capable of that.. Just my opinion.

I think the promotion are hoping, as we all are, that Anders takes on that mantle.

I agree with you, that if someone is out there who could be our starting 3rd heatleader then that would be the preferred option, I just fear there is slim pickings now that most teams are filling up. Plus how much is left in the coffers after Wolbert and yon wee French dude.

I think, if everything goes to plan (and if the final two riders are Henning and Joey) the promotion would be hoping that after the first set of green sheets the team would look like this...

Wolbert

Bager

Thomsen

Harrison

Pijper

Ringwood

Berge

But hey! When does a speedway season ever go to plan :)

But one things for sure, it's exciting times ahead whoever the final two riders are :-D

What is the rule atm for Elite Riders doubling down?

Is doubling down allowed at all?

I know that the rule was that you were allowed to double up but not double down.

The reason that I am asking is that with the new rule about Elite reserves being N(F :P )L draft picks then there may be some Elite assets, more likely reserves and second strings, from 2013 teams without an EL ride.

For example, Jacob Thorsell at Wolves.

In actual fact Jacob does have a team place in Wolves EL team for next season but he won't have a PL team to double up from - if you follow me - as he's a EL asset not a PL asset.

If the EL to PL GSA conversion was EL * 1.5 = PL then Thorsell's would be 4.61 * 1.5 = 6.92.

We've got 10.66 left to play with.

Thorsell 6.92 + Ringwood 3.56 = 10.48

Now.......after all that........... I am not particularly advocating Thorsell, as I actually know next to nothing about him ( he may even have a Polish team ) but if he's got to fly in for Wolves fixtures on a Monday night then there could be some cost sharing agreed and I would have thought Wolves would be keen for him to get lots of racing time and practise in the UK and some confidence building results.

• Like 2

If we were to have a team of...

Wolbert – 8.40
Bager – 5.30
Thomsen – 4.11

Harrison – 6.63

Pijper – 7.70
Ringwood - 3.56
Berge – 5.00

= 40.70 difference/wasted points of 1.80

I don't understand why anyone would want to build a team that much under the allowed limit.

• Like 1

What is the rule atm for Elite Riders doubling down?

Is doubling down allowed at all?

I know that the rule was that you were allowed to double up but not double down.

The reason that I am asking is that with the new rule about Elite reserves being N(F :P )L draft picks then there may be some Elite assets, more likely reserves and second strings, from 2013 teams without an EL ride.

For example, Jacob Thorsell at Wolves.

In actual fact Jacob does have a team place in Wolves EL team for next season but he won't have a PL team to double up from - if you follow me - as he's a EL asset not a PL asset.

If the EL to PL GSA conversion was EL * 1.5 = PL then Thorsell's would be 4.61 * 1.5 = 6.92.

We've got 10.66 left to play with.

Thorsell 6.92 + Ringwood 3.56 = 10.48

Now.......after all that........... I am not particularly advocating Thorsell, as I actually know next to nothing about him ( he may even have a Polish team ) but if he's got to fly in for Wolves fixtures on a Monday night then there could be some cost sharing agreed and I would have thought Wolves would be keen for him to get lots of racing time and practise in the UK and some confidence building results.

I like your thinking with this and would be better use of our remaining points - our team would be much stronger in the middle order!!! :)

If it can or will happpen - I am not so sure.

If we were to have a team of...

Wolbert – 8.40

Bager – 5.30

Thomsen – 4.11

Harrison – 6.63

Pijper – 7.70

Ringwood - 3.56

Berge – 5.00

= 40.70 difference/wasted points of 1.80

I don't understand why anyone would want to build a team that much under the allowed limit.

It cannae be Bager.

If it was Bager he'd have bitten our promotion's hand off because nobody else will be persuing him as a proactive selection.

If we only had 5.30 left then that'd be a different story.

Bager & Ringwood being the last two selections would turn a very good looking team (so far) into a mediocre looking one, on paper.

I could not agree more with you Heather..............use up every single decimal point of the allowed limit if possible.

A N Other on 7.00 ( but please not an asssessed ) + Ringwood would keep up the standard and promise of the 5 signed already.

Bager & Ringwood makes a very very very long tail.

No thanks :nono:

• Like 3

It cannae be Bager.

If it was Bager he'd have bitten our promotion's hand off because nobody else will be persuing him as a proactive selection.

If we only had 5.30 left then that'd be a different story.

Bager & Ringwood being the last two selections would turn a very good looking team (so far) into a mediocre looking one, on paper.

I could not agree more with you Heather..............use up every single decimal point of the allowed limit if possible.

A N Other on 7.00 ( but please not an asssessed ) + Ringwood would keep up the standard and promise of the 5 signed already.

Bager & Ringwood makes a very very very long tail.

No thanks :nono:

Exactly my thoughts.

Really don't want another assessed rider, surely we have learned from this by now? SURELY?

I have a feeling that the signing of Joey is not definite. Some have said perhaps VISA's could be holding up his signing but when the likes of Masters and Campton who failed to gain VISA last year, have subsequently managed to get them sorted by now for this year, then what would be the hold up in that department for Joey?

Perhaps we are looking at another rider who would not allow Joey to fit into the team, and they are waiting to see the result of that first? And if that was the case then it would defo not be a 7pt assessed rider.

Oh the possibilities ;)

Exactly my thoughts.

Really don't want another assessed rider, surely we have learned from this by now? SURELY?

I have a feeling that the signing of Joey is not definite. Some have said perhaps VISA's could be holding up his signing but when the likes of Masters and Campton who failed to gain VISA last year, have subsequently managed to get them sorted by now for this year, then what would be the hold up in that department for Joey?

Perhaps we are looking at another rider who would not allow Joey to fit into the team, and they are waiting to see the result of that first? And if that was the case then it would defo not be a 7pt assessed rider.

Oh the possibilities ;)

Nicki Barrett maybe, good luck!!!

Exactly my thoughts.

Oh the possibilities ;)

The Visa thing only seems to become an issue when an Aussie rider changes club . Mason was signed on a 2 year deal and had he rode for us last season there wouldn't have been a problem . I don't think Ringwood's return is a gimmee either , Heather , but i think that is probably down to the rider himself and his desire to return .

• Like 1

The Visa thing only seems to become an issue when an Aussie rider changes club . Mason was signed on a 2 year deal and had he rode for us last season there wouldn't have been a problem . I don't think Ringwood's return is a gimmee either , Heather , but i think that is probably down to the rider himself and his desire to return .

Yep I read somewhere that he is retiring but I don't believe that, he has too much potential. Could also be that he might not fit in along with another rider being sought ;)

• Like 1

Yep I read somewhere that he is retiring but I don't believe that, he has too much potential. Could also be that he might not fit in along with another rider being sought ;)

Lee Dicken? :)

• Like 1

Joey Ringwood has definately NOT retired. He will be contesting the Australian Titles, starting at Kurri Kurri on January 3rd. Surely Tigers will bring him back for a second season?

Joey Ringwood has definately NOT retired. He will be contesting the Australian Titles, starting at Kurri Kurri on January 3rd. Surely Tigers will bring him back for a second season?

All things being equal , you would think so . Especially after the way he ended the season . But speedway being speedway , nothing shocks me anymore .

Joey Ringwood is riding for the NSW stars at North Brisbane speedway this weekend................

RP