British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DIAMONDS

Glasgow 2014

I'd start with getting Ringwood and Thomsen signed for the reserve berths. Doolan and Lawson would be a very useful top 2. Lawson should be an even better rider now with the experience gained from Lakeside next year. Not sure about the rest. I dare say we will have someone from the East as Edinburgh have more or less said the are signing Cook for next year and starting with two 3 pointers at reserve.

Please no Henning, far too inconsistent.

Here are my two examples of teams I'd like to see at Ashfield (depending on availability of course). Both, I reckon, would be hard to beat at home and also be very competitive at the Dale (for obvious reasons). I kept Bager in due to the Danish connection and although he took a fair dip this year, I think he easily has the ability to improve again.

1. M.Karlsson

2. D.Sneddon.

3. M.Wethers.

4. H.Bager.

5. T.Pijper.

6. C.Wright.

7. A.Thomsen.

1. M.Karlsson

2. H.Bager

3. M.Wethers

4. T.Pijper

5. D.North

6. J.Ringwood/J.Jacobs

7. A.Thomsen

Edited by ragdoll64

North only signed for Glasgow last season because his rides in Poland finished early. Very unlikely we will see him back as he will base himself down south again next season, for either Elite or Premier.

Whole heartedly agree with nagy1, no Bager please. Way too inconsistent both home and away, apart from Thomsen, Ringwood/Jacobs. I wouldnt bring back any of last years team. We finished rock bottom of the league for a reason remember. We need a fresh start.

As its very unlikely that Dak comes back I would only want to see Anders and Joey return from last year. Joey showed at the back end of last year he has the potential to score big points especially at home from the reserve berth. Anders even more so in my opinion. We should be doing everything we can to ensure this is our reserve pairing to start off with. Would like to see Jorgensen and Karlsson with doolan make up a handy top 3 which would still leave plenty of points for an effective second string partnership. Does Alun Biggart still own us then ? If he does I fear we may end up a similar season to last as we are unwilling to pay the cash for the better riders

• Like 1

Here are my two examples of teams I'd like to see at Ashfield (depending on availability of course). Both, I reckon, would be hard to beat at home and also be very competitive at the Dale (for obvious reasons). I kept Bager in due to the Danish connection and although he took a fair dip this year, I think he easily has the ability to improve again.

1. M.Karlsson

2. D.Sneddon.

3. M.Wethers.

4. H.Bager.

5. T.Pijper.

6. C.Wright.

7. A.Thomsen.

1. M.Karlsson

2. H.Bager

3. M.Wethers

4. T.Pijper

5. D.North

6. J.Ringwood/J.Jacobs

7. A.Thomsen

Now remind me, where have i seen these riders before, oh of course at Glasgow's feeder club. :rofl:

By the way good to know you are running next year, wouldn't have been the same without you :t:

Does Alun Biggart still own us then ?

A question Glasgow fans should be asking, long before they start making up fantasy-league teams.

From all the gossip here and on Facebook, I would have thought there are big questions to be answered by your promotion -- which I guess means your board of directors.

Are they planning to turn last season's £55K losses into profit by snapping their fingers, or is there a Plan B in the offing?

• Like 1

Anyone know about the team manager position for 2014?

Really pleased the Tigers are running in 2014....definitely one of my favourite away trips. Always a good time win, lose or draw!

Anyone know about the team manager position for 2014?

Or track curator or clerk of the course. Probably need extra bodies for the air fence. 7 decent riders would be good too. Obviously assuming no change in directors of the club

You not fancy team managers job George? could job share with Stewart Dickson :wink:

• Like 1

would not surprise me i ryan fisher turns up at ashfield mmmnn ?

if he's a guest for someone then i wouldn't be surprised either.

heard he's doing poland next season.

A question Glasgow fans should be asking, long before they start making up fantasy-league teams.

From all the gossip here and on Facebook, I would have thought there are big questions to be answered by your promotion -- which I guess means your board of directors.

Are they planning to turn last season's £55K losses into profit by snapping their fingers, or is there a Plan B in the offing?

Some interesting questions to be asked on Saturday night, I think.

if he's a guest for someone then i wouldn't be surprised either.

heard he's doing poland next season.

Fisher has signed for Coventry

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.23265

I can't see him doubling down (if that's even allowed these days - who knows?)

I know he's entertaining but he's really too much of a bampot for me >:(

Given the desparate need to install a fence, re-equip a bar and toilet block and avoid another big financial loss from every meeting, Glasgow's team must be recruited at rock-bottom pay-rates. No big hitters, no superstar No 1.

If this is understood, a team of young, raw recruits can be accepted if "sold" to the public as exactly that, and an exciting, entertaining season can be contemplated, even if without great success as regards trophies.

If the same directors attempt to put together a team costing more than the basic minimum to satify the lust for glory of a few on here, then they'll deserve all they will inevitably get.

Someone at Glasgow should put in a call to Peter Waite. He had a flair for constructing ultra-cheap teams at the last minute, and running his track on a shoestring budget.

Edited by Boobs