British Speedway Forum

Please stop talking about SPOTY.

Who made you the internet police?

Tai's expected forthcoming appearance on SPOTY is a very relevant topic to discuss.

Tom Sykes or Cal Crutchlow are more likely to be in than Tai

Well I've never heard of either of them....and nor it seems have Ladbrokes, since they aren't in the betting. Tai of course is.

Who made you the internet police?

Tai's expected forthcoming appearance on SPOTY is a very relevant topic to discuss.

Well I've never heard of either of them....and nor it seems have Ladbrokes, since they aren't in the betting. Tai of course is.

Cal is on the BBC motorcycling coverage weekly, more people will know who he is than Tai... .rightly or wrongly.

A while back Jason Crump was on Question Of Sport, this could be an opportunity to get Tai on the BBC. They had a few speedway questions and showed a bit of speedway. This is a program, in addition to spoy, that may be easier to get the sport across to the viewers.

• Like 1

A nice spread in Motorcycle News about Tai in the sport section.

Thanks. I'll look for it when I next visit WHS on Friday. A quick glance won't upset the sales staff! I remember the good old MCN days when the late Peter Arnold used to write a regular weekly column for MCN. It's rare indeed for MCN to mention speedway these days.

Edited by Guest

He's 50-1 to finish second. Same odds as Christine Ohuruogu. http://sports.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/Awards/BBC-Sports-Personality/Sports-Personality-of-the-YearAwards/BBC-Sports-Personality/Sports-Personality-of-the-Year-s794

Cal is on the BBC motorcycling coverage weekly, more people will know who he is than Tai... .rightly or wrongly.

According to google, Tom Sykes is also a motorcycle road racer. But neither of them are in the betting for SPOTY, whereas Tai is.

He's 50-1 to finish second. Same odds as Christine Ohuruogu. http://sports.ladbro...f-the-Year-s794

Yes. That's the betting that I was referring to.

FOR those that missed it, here is a photo from the studio.

Dancing sure is toning Susanna's legs - now who that guy with the bike? :neutral:

Speedway needs a positive image, Not one with tattoo's and a view that speedway is a trash sport.

We need a world champion like Darcy Ward, No tattoo's and speaks articulately.. Ward's interviews are fascinating and the tone of his voice is really interesting.

don't think Tai will be on the nominated 10 for people to vote for at SPOTY...these are decided by an sporting panel and will be dominated by high profile names or ones appearing regualarly on the BBC....cannot see Tai getting into that, although he will no doubt get a mention in the round up of British world champions

i think he is a certainty to be invited on Question of Sport though...and A League of their Own on Sky maybe ..i think he would be ideal for that show

a do agree that more people out there could name Cal Crutchlow though.....

Nice spot on the BBC this morning. Sally asked some simple questions to people an idea of his background and his achievement.

But the best bit was when they passed over to the sofa , as in the picture above, and Susanna made a cheeky comment about his earrings. Then Sally got him to show everyone his tattoo under the chin.

And do you know what?

He seemed like a likeable guy. Like any other normal 23 year old.

Yes tattoos, but for anyone who is put off by that, have a look at any other person of his age.

He seemed well in touch with people of his generation.

He will be a great ambassador for the sport.

But I hope he is treat delicately - not forced to be the last hope of British speedway.

He simply made me proud to be a Britsh speedway fan when I saw him on TV this morning.

• Like 2

Speedway needs a positive image, Not one with tattoo's and a view that speedway is a trash sport.

We need a world champion like Darcy Ward, No tattoo's and speaks articulately.. Ward's interviews are fascinating and the tone of his voice is really interesting.

Do you think that's bcause Darcy Ward is an Australian that he sounds like that? :icon_smile_clown:

Your dead right about darcy ward what a wonderful role model & has for his articulate cut glass vocabulary I am very suprised he's not in downton.

• Like 1

Are you a troll or just totally clueless?

Have to say this interview would have looked much better on Euro sport ... as for putting someone on a question of sport I think it would have to be Chris Harris .

• Like 3