British Speedway Forum
george.m

Glasgow Promotion - You're Biting The Hand That Feeds You!

"......It will be an absolute disgrace if James Grieves does not get his Farewell Meeting. "

The meeting referred to was meant to be first and foremost a fundraiser for an air fence. The promotion decided, I believe at the last minute, to also hail the great JG's achievements at the same time. I am sure James would be the first to admit he's had a fair number of 'farewells' to and from his fans, all richly deserved.

The only disgrace here is the way the owners have gone about their business to round off this year. No Ashfield Classic. No Heathersfield Helmet and now no final meeting to raise fence funds. There's three meetings, at least, where I am sure a fair bit of dosh could have been raised. Quite apart from depriving us fans of our speedway.

May I also remind everyone? 2013 League. Matches raced 24. Points won 9. That's just plain embarrassing. My point ? Blunt I know, but I don't believe in beating about the bush.

Are they up to it ?

I think the directors have failed in their remit. Advertising and "promoting" this final meeting, only to then pull the plug with a somewhat feeble excuse of certain riders being required elsewhere seems about par for their course.

Owners must feel it a last straw.

Owners must feel it a last straw.

Of the owners, Gordon Pairman has certainly kept a watching brief on here, so he might be able to shed some light on the situation?

".....I think the directors have failed in their remit. Advertising and "promoting" this final meeting, only to then pull the plug with a somewhat feeble excuse of certain riders being required elsewhere seems about par for their course. " Crescent Girl.

Amazingly yesterday's ( Saturday's )Scottish Sun and Daily Record had today's ( Sunday ) meeting, the Fence Fund, Glasgow Tigers Select v Rest of the World Select, still advertised as being on.

Now that is just plain wrong. It shows a total inability of the owners to keep the newspapers up to date with what's going on, AND the paying public who aren't familiar with what is going on in the background, with the runnings of this club.

Two points from that. The papers won't like being left out of the loop and made to look stupid, plus any poor sod who turned up to watch that match, only to find nobody there, will be very reluctant to ever come back again. A shambles all round.

• Like 3

".....I think the directors have failed in their remit. Advertising and "promoting" this final meeting, only to then pull the plug with a somewhat feeble excuse of certain riders being required elsewhere seems about par for their course. " Crescent Girl.

Amazingly yesterday's ( Saturday's )Scottish Sun and Daily Record had today's ( Sunday ) meeting, the Fence Fund, Glasgow Tigers Select v Rest of the World Select, still advertised as being on.

Now that is just plain wrong. It shows a total inability of the owners to keep the newspapers up to date with what's going on, AND the paying public who aren't familiar with what is going on in the background, with the runnings of this club.

Two points from that. The papers won't like being left out of the loop and made to look stupid, plus any poor sod who turned up to watch that match, only to find nobody there, will be very reluctant to ever come back again. A shambles all round.

The promotion/owners seem to have gone into shut down mode.

They want sponsorship increased in 2014 and punters to do their bit.

Aye, they're doing a great job in encouraging both.

Edited by george.m
  • Like 1

Sorry Catseyes and George "like" button doesn't seem to work. :blink:

Edited by tyretrax
  • Like 1

The promotion/owners seem to have gone into shut down mode.

They want sponsorship increased in 2014 and punters to do their bit.

Aye, they're doing a great job in encouraging both.

Edited by Blantyre80