British Speedway Forum

This set up doesnt need a chance, it needs something akin to a miracle. :wink:

And the last person to perform miracles on earth was the son of a certain someone too...I know it's that crucifixion time of year just now, but let's not get too carried away with it all.

It needs Tony Horse to ride into town on his white mole and save the day.

And the last person to perform miracles on earth was the son of a certain someone too...I know it's that crucifixion time of year just now, but let's not get too carried away with it all.

I'm Brian - and my wife's Brian too!

One cross each, first on the right!

Always look on the bright side of life!

:wink:;):wink:

A couple of thoughts spring to mind. Phil Morris was always "Drury's man". Now Drury has gone, any more calls for "bring back Wizzer" etc, will be like whistling in the wind. A double blow if you like. Secondly, if the current team is to be strengthened now, who is the "speedway man" with the contacts, the gravitas and the nose for a good signing? Who knows, some money might be found, a new fairy godmother sponsor could come along, but who there now, has their finger on the pulse of the sport and would know how to spend that money on a good signing when they saw one?

As for the accusation of nepotism...for every Newport, there's a Kings Lynn too...Charles Phillips should be given a chance to prove himself.

Sounds like the Royle family is taking over :o

Not sure if this is a good or bad move the Drury's out .

I met Graham several times when planning Phil Morris farewell meeting at Brum, both GD and his wife Denise were a pleasure to deal with and I can see why such an astute businessman as Tony Mole engaged Graham's services.

I think with Graham and Denise moving on just a few months after Phil quit is a great loss to the club and whilst some associated with the Brummies in an official capacity are rejoicing on social media today in the long term Birmingham Speedway will be a poorer place without the Drury's.

Well said "H" - I always take people as I find them and I've never had a problem with either Graham or Denise. Neither suffer fools gladly, but why should they? GD has vast experience which will be sorely missed - as the saying goes "be careful what you wish for" - we are now left floundering but some folks are rejoicing. I would like to go on record to thank Graham & Denise for their services to Birmingham Speedway - I truly believe that they've always done what they felt was best for the club and we've been blessed with some terrific riders thanks to GD.

• Like 5

Think not of the cruxifiction. Think of the resurrection.

He's not the Messiah! He's a very naughty boy!

Apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

• Like 2

Think not of the cruxifiction. Think of the resurrection.

Blimey, you sound more positive than you have for weeks.

From the outside it appears that the whole episode of unrest was orchestrated by GD. He had always had total control under previous owners. The new boys tried to wrest some of that power away so he responds by causing havoc resulting in key figures walking away from the club.

His parting shot - put together a side incapable of competing, claiming it was because of a tight budget, then jump ship.

Nice one.

Not sure if this is a good or bad move the Drury's out .

Seems like they were going to go anyway, but the son got his license earlier than anticipated?

Drury was probably not being paid much for his efforts so was unlikely to stay if not absolutely necessary.

Shame to see this all self-erputing but I think the move to the EL at the present time was wrong, and i just hope they can move back to the PL next year if they so wish.

• Like 1

Can Birmingham sue the Drurys for breach of contract I wonder?

You sue for damages...i.e. what the breach of contract is worth in cash terms...any guesses what that should be?

He's not the Messiah! He's a very naughty boy!

Apart from the sanitation, medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system and public health, what have the Romans ever done for us?

Mr Matousek was a busy man wasn't he?

• Like 1

Guest GiveusaB

Brummies forum site seems to be down???

Brummies forum site seems to be down???

Where's UK Martin when you need him?

Edited by Mini Jack

Has it been figured out if the loss of Drury has any impact on continuing with just 1 promoter.