British Speedway Forum

Where do you think he will ride in the riding order, might be best to put him with King or barker, as both have had a lot of laps at PB, it should be good on Wednesday.

Nermarks a safer pair of hands for a newbie IMO, Barkers had two collisions with teammates recently and King would be better with Covatti.

• Like 1

Nermarks a safer pair of hands for a newbie IMO, Barkers had two collisions with teammates recently and King would be better with Covatti.

Crikey! I'd not want to put any newcomer with Nermark! Anyway, in the current format there are no pairs any more.

Some of us old enough to remember Finn Jensen will have heard all the fanfares and promises of great things before...only to have been let down.

Let's hope that this guy is the real deal and adapts quickly and bangs in the points, else it won't be long before Adam Skornicki will have recovered, gets his team place back, and that might be the last we see of Zmarzlik.

I can never remember Finn Jensen being hailed as the next big thing at all....and what a rider from about 30 years ago or so has to do with the signing of a 19 year old today is beyond me..

There are no guarantees in speedway and Zmarzlik may be good or he may disappoint but it certainly looks an exciting signing on paper to me

Didnt Finn get a maximum in his first meeting and then perform badly at the next one, I also cant remember him being hailed as a world beater.

Its not like it is today, most riders then you didnt know about till they signed for you, never heard of him till he turned up, still he did give us some great performances, but in short supply.

The Pedaler is prepared to dig as deep as possible in order to find something negative about anything Brum related so it's no surprise that he went for a 30 year old tenuous comparison.

Hopefully he'll burn himself out. He may even attend a meeting following the signing of BZ, after all he does extoll the virtues of the sport in Poland.

I can never remember Finn Jensen being hailed as the next big thing at all....

That's right, he was hailed as the next most promising youngster from Denmark - following on from Alf Busk

Didnt Finn get a maximum in his first meeting and then perform badly at the next one

No, you're thinking of August Bank Holiday Monday 1979, when he scored zilch at Exeter in the morning, and a 12 point maximum against the same club at Perry Barr in the evening.

The Pedaler is prepared to dig as deep as possible in order to find something negative about anything Brum related so it's no surprise that he went for a 30 year old tenuous comparison.

Hopefully he'll burn himself out. He may even attend a meeting following the signing of BZ, after all he does extoll the virtues of the sport in Poland.

There's a very strong possibility he's already attended a meeting this year. :wink:

Edited by Leicester Hunter

Good luck to the lad hope he doses well

He could be the medicine the Brummies need. :lol:

• Like 2

I wonder if he will bring his own gear over or will he use skornincki's

I wonder if he will bring his own gear over or will he use skornincki's

no his own gear will be on its way on monday

no his own gear will be on its way on monday

Fair play young man. He's gonna be a star for Birmingham

Where do you think he will ride in the riding order, might be best to put him with King or barker, as both have had a lot of laps at PB, it should be good on Wednesday.

I would go for

1. King

2. Covatti

3. Barker

4. Nermark

5. Zmarzlik

King at 1, hes done okay in the last few meetings at Perry Barr. I would prefer to keep Zmarzlik away from Nermark ;) , so number 5 it is. Two rides with BB and two with Danny. I just hope Jack Lee puts Covatti at 2, I see hes at 4 again tomorrow which makes no sense :nono: . You want your better second string at 4, esp if meetings run close. Nico can be good but can also be bad, nermark done well this year, makes better sense to have him at 4.

A couple of years ago, Skornicki recommended two young Poles to Wolves.

Sowka and Zmarzlik.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Lets hope he isnt another Sowka then :D but from what Ive seen of him he looks really good, just has limited experience on the smaller tracks.

As a certificate holder at a Level 1 'Introduction to Polish Language' and 'Conversational Polish' Language courses,your pronounciation of Bartosz Zmarzliks name is exceptional. :t:

I know he's one of TNTs favourite riders too,and would have looked the part in an old gold and black race jacket,but he 'll be lining up in a red and yellow one instead! :P

And mine and I agree great pronounciation stevebrum

:t:

Worrying news for Brum fans this morning regarding Zmarzlik.A report by Nigel Pearson in the B,ham Mail states that his future is now in the balance following a report from Poland that the rider will only be allowed to ride on a match by match basis.

Not the fault of the rider,but it seems to throw in doubt his immediate future with Birmingham.

Never rains but it pours for the Brummies.

Worrying news for Brum fans this morning regarding Zmarzlik.A report by Nigel Pearson in the B,ham Mail states that his future is now in the balance following a report from Poland that the rider will only be allowed to ride on a match by match basis.

Not the fault of the rider,but it seems to throw in doubt his immediate future with Birmingham.

Never rains but it pours for the Brummies.

Well it's not like Brum haven't been here before........................ :rolleyes: