British Speedway Forum

But nowadays they can play with their 'digital media' between heats!

Is that alllowed on the terraces?

• Like 1

Is that alllowed on the terraces?

Only if you have terraces, its often on a grassy bank!! :D

• Like 1

You not announced Nermark yet

I wonder if the delay is that Leicester have offered Nermark more money if they can use him instead of Doyle hence waiting till that is resolved

I wonder if the delay is that Leicester have offered Nermark more money if they can use him instead of Doyle hence waiting till that is resolved

Sounds logical, though how depressing is that to be fighting over bloody Nermark!!.

• Like 1

Why woud a team that has 5.94 left for their final rider want to replace a 7.30 rider with a rider that has a 5.27 average ?

There is little room for concern regarding Doyle starting at Leicester now and they are pretty confident tht the final rider will be signed once Doyle is all sorted and it's not Daniel Nermark !

It seems weird that a number of riders have signed for teams weeks before they were announced and for some reason they only want to release the new signings at a later date.

... for some reason they only want to release the new signings at a later date.

It's usually to maximise publicity. Although in this case I'm not sure Birmingham have anyone lined up at all. Drury has to feed off the scraps left over by the other teams, as the Brummies have no worthwhile riding assets of their own. In some fantasists minds, Nermark may fit the bill, but I bet not one of them has actually asked Nermark if he wants to ride in the UK again. He didn't last year, what should change his mind this year? Playing 5th fiddle in a Brummies team in which he might not get paid? Is that supposed to persuade him? Having a reputation for being bad payers won't help the cause of getting willing volunteers either.

Just because a few people have made guesses about Nermark doesn't make it true. In the case of this delay, as I say, I think that no news is due to the fact that there really is no news.

As someone as already suggested perhaps Brum are trying to maximise publicity. I'm sure they have got someone lined up as the later they leave it the harder the position becomes to fill.

As someone as already suggested perhaps Brum are trying to maximise publicity.

I think thats the case, according to todays Mail its unclear whether Selco are continuing with their sponsorship of the Brummies for 2014 season and the announcement of the last rider is being put back until its sorted. When the sponsorship is decided, Im sure the last rider will be announced the same time to give maximum exposure.

I think thats the case, according to todays Mail its unclear whether Selco are continuing with their sponsorship of the Brummies for 2014 season and the announcement of the last rider is being put back until its sorted. When the sponsorship is decided, Im sure the last rider will be announced the same time to give maximum exposure.

Sounds feasible. I'd have thought that if the problem was cost then Covatti would have been the cheap option.

the later they leave it the harder the position becomes to fill.

Not really. With all the other teams (except Leicester) being complete, you deduct who's signed up from the riders of available average and what you have to choose from today will be what you will have to choose from in a month's time. The big trick will be in persuading anyone to come to ride for the Brummies. The non-payment of riders and staff last year is a very visible stain on the clubs reputation. Now we hear that the main sponsor may pull out. How will that further encourage anyone to want to ride for the Brummies? Maybe the next signing should be another miracle working commercial manager that can get advertisers and sponsors to generate the money that the team needs, like the last one did.

Lets be honest the Brummies have put together the best team they can afford at this time, it is very much make or break for this league this season and the sport in general. Attracting new spectators is difficult, you only get 15 minutes actual racing which is not enough in my opinion. the boom days of the 70's & 80's are a distant memory in the UK. I sincerely hope that the Brummies can survive but it will be tough going. The last rider will be named in due course but it is still 5/ 6 weeks to tapes up if it ever stops raining!

If Selco have withdrawn then it will be a major blow to the club, attracting new sponsors will be very difficult but hopefully the new Sky deal will help in the short term.300 new spectators every week isn't going to happen,

Maybe the next signing should be another miracle working commercial manager that can get advertisers and sponsors to generate the money that the team needs, like the last one did.

The one who thaught he was Mr Birmingham Speedway