British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cityrebel

Dudley V Isle Of Wight Koc Final 29/10

So you think the teams were evenly matched last night ? A full strength IOW team could have possibly improved the racing, but the team was weak due to injuries.

Lee Payne scored about what Darryl would have

Downs matched Stoneman

RR for Johnson scored more than the rider himself would have

All based on previous performances.

The track was mint considering by heat 4 the IOW were ahead.

If the rumours that the IOW wont be riding next year due to the sir fence issue, what clubs would be interested in their riders for 2014 ?

Morganbike, you haven't answered the question whether you thought the 2 teams were evenly matched last night. Wolverhampton is a difficult track for away teams who have young inexperienced riders, & Dudleys top 4 all ride it really well. IOW were leading after 4 heats due to e/f & falls.

I have to agree with Panther, i think three times IOW have ridden Monmore Wood this season, three times apart from the odd race, the racing has been uncompetitive. I assume this is different largely to the relative home tracks difference in size and shape, that said Tom has ridden reasonably, but not the Tom we know, previously Darryl rode like he had never seen the track, Ben never rides it well, Chris struggles around Monmore, which left Adam who i believe has only ridden Monmore once, and Steve Worrall for Adam, who always gives a good account of himself at Monmore. The Wood is an awkward track for visiting Teams generally, how many competitive meetings have we seen this season ? from my memory ONE, that was against Kent Kings.

The Track was in good condition last night considering all the rain we have had, not deep but it couldnt have lots of shale on, because as some riders said the meeting needed to go ahead, and it didnt encourage good racing, but hey there was a frost overnight, which says it all, on a few occasions i expected Max, Tom or Starkey to challenge from behind, but the challenges never materialised,and generally the races were decided by the end of lap one, best race was Ht 14, when Ishy just got up to win..

Edited by greyhoundp

a decent hard fought match last night, well run due to the incoming weather and the proposed 9.15 power cut!. let's hope it was not the last ever meeting on the island, i would miss my trips across the solent, where i have been a regular visitor since 1996.

• Like 2

Ok your right the teams were not evenly matched. All 7 Heathens ride the track well and so they should. That's what there paid to do. At season start Dudley South were the favourites and if they had remained injury free who knows what the outcome would have been but the key here is that Dudley 2013 rode well away from home and supported each other by communicating well on and off the track. Towards the last part of the season the team riding was outstanding and the three heat leaders passed all there Prem league experience on to the the reserves and second string. That's a winning formula.

Following on from my earlier comment, i in NO way intend to criticise any rider, official or member of Track Staff, this was a meeting that needed to be run, under the current weather conditions which present itself on the day/night. However, what i will say is this The BSPA of which the NL are members, need to realise this is s Summer Sport, and the KO Cup needs to be completed by The end of JULY, leaving the remainder of the season for League meetings, for years now the KO Cup has been squeezed in at the end of the season,and its getting devalued by this, indeed the Elite League had NO KO Cup this year. Thanks to everyone for there sterling efforts to get the meetings completed, but please, please get the Cup completed by end of July,and put at an end, the devaluation of what should be a premier competition.

I think it's pretty obvious that Dudley were going to beat the injury hit Islanders at home, and I irrespective of how the points came the Islanders still kept it respectable. Then at Smallbrook the Islanders passed most people's expectations. To complain about the gulf between the two is disrespectful, both teams worked hard and were worthy of making the final. As it was pointed out, had Bekker, Ellis, Freemantle, Stoneman, Johnson & Ritchings not been injured it could've been completely different!

I sincerely hope that I have a team to support on track next season, and as an advocate of National League speedway in general, I want more teams added not losing ones, especially my own! And until it's confirmed otherwise, I look forward to seeing the Isle of Wight on track in 2014!!

I think it's pretty obvious that Dudley were going to beat the injury hit Islanders at home, and I irrespective of how the points came the Islanders still kept it respectable. Then at Smallbrook the Islanders passed most people's expectations. To complain about the gulf between the two is disrespectful, both teams worked hard and were worthy of making the final. As it was pointed out, had Bekker, Ellis, Freemantle, Stoneman, Johnson & Ritchings not been injured it could've been completely different!

I sincerely hope that I have a team to support on track next season, and as an advocate of National League speedway in general, I want more teams added not losing ones, especially my own! And until it's confirmed otherwise, I look forward to seeing the Isle of Wight on track in 2014!!

I agree with the sentiments about 2014, I have only made it over a couple of times a year for the last 2 years but its the only speedway I watch in the UK and it would be a tragedy to lose a great little club like this

Fingers crossed

Big crowd & brilliant atmosphere, but awful racing in my opinion. Unsure whether that was down to the track, which appeared to be deep but slick, or the huge gulf in the quality of the 2 teams. Think Dudley should go Premier League next season & start their team building with Morris & Blackbird at reserve.

Edited by New Science