British Speedway Forum
PHILIPRISING

Speedway Star Online

BARRING any last minute hiccups, Speedway Star will be available as an online edition via your web browser or as an App through the App Store and on Android devices from the issue dated December 7th.

Each new edition will be available on a Thursday morning, although this will vary around Christmas, affecting the issues dated December 28 and January 4.

Subscription rates no matter where you are in the world will mirror the UK price for the printed copy, although there might be slight variation with those accessed via the App Store because of pricing arrangements with Apple.

But for a someone in Australia or New Zealand taking the online edition as opposed to the printed one, which normally doesn't arrive there until a Monday or Tuesday, the annual saving will be around £50 ... a little less for those in the USA. Even those in Europe will enjoy a significant saving on the annual cost.

For more information over the next few weeks, go to www.speedwaystar.net

• Like 2

Great news. Will there be a trail version and how about a single purchase price ? I cannot afford a subscription :(

Great news. Will there be a trail version and how about a single purchase price ? I cannot afford a subscription :(

A great idea re 'Speedway Star" but I think the alternative you suggest also needs considering.

SINGLE copy isn't practical I'm afraid. Sorry. It may change but not in the immediate future. Subs copies will work out at around £2.15 per issue as against the cover price of £2.90.

Hi Phil,

Out of interest, how is a single copy not practical?

Every online magazine I have come across has single copies available for purchase, surely once the magazine is created and stored online its simply a matter of paying your money and downloading a copy?

I may be missing something and perhaps there are other magazines out there that are subscription only.

• Like 1

What platform is the web version going to use?

The Yudu version of SpeedwayStar Xtra is not usable on an ipad.

Will it be in downloadable form (say pdf) so that issues can be 'saved' for future reference?

Hi Phil,

Out of interest, how is a single copy not practical?

Every online magazine I have come across has single copies available for purchase, surely once the magazine is created and stored online its simply a matter of paying your money and downloading a copy?

I may be missing something and perhaps there are other magazines out there that are subscription only.

BECAUSE the only way it is practical and, frankly, affordable for us at present is via a subscription based system which does not allow single purchases.

As I take an annual subscription for the Speedway Star how much will I save if I transfer and go online

THE cost for an online sub will be virtually the same as for the printed version in the UK.

Will it be in downloadable form (say pdf) so that issues can be 'saved' for future reference?

It will not be on the Yudu platform. We are going through a company called ExactEditions who will handle the whole process for us.

BECAUSE the only way it is practical and, frankly, affordable for us at present is via a subscription based system which does not allow single purchases.

THE cost for an online sub will be virtually the same as for the printed version in the UK.

It will not be on the Yudu platform. We are going through a company called ExactEditions who will handle the whole process for us.

Ah I see, going through a company called ExactEditions eh Phillip? And there was I trying to get my head around just how your good self, Clarkie, Scunny and Dave F had managed to become 'computer whizz kids' and set this all up! :D

Not that I'm "in" on this field of expertise (online publishing), but selling/distributing it as .pdf means pretty soon you are only selling one copy... You sure there are no app's that show Yudu? Photon shows Flash videos that safari dont.

I still don't understand what you mean by practical and affordable.

Its not like printing numerous copies? One digital edition is created, that can be downloaded. What difference does it make if someone buys one copy or subscribes to a larger number?

• Like 1

I've downloaded their app and had a look around at some of their Mags.

Looks like it should be good

Great News, Will it be possible to purchase previous years to keep on hard drive, would free me lots of space lol!!