British Speedway Forum
PHILIPRISING

Speedway Star Online

All this modern tech... try bluetacking your bloody exteroid (whatever it's called) to you bedroom wall when your favourite star is on the front cover.

It don't work... so I'm out and will stick to the paper version.

I'll have to be dragged into the new tech era and am just coming to terms with the barcode on the front.Regarding old srars being on the cover... PC this week... and people saying it won't attract new fans. Maybe so. But in ASDA before, I picked up a vopy of the Star (with PC on the cover) and, low and behold, a fellow right behind me picked up the other copy!

Edited by moxey63
  • Like 2

All this modern tech... try bluetacking your bloody exteroid (whatever it's called) to you bedroom wall when your favourite star is on the front cover.

It don't work... so I'm out and will stick to the paper version.

I'll have to be dragged into the new tech era and am just coming to terms with the barcode on the front.Regarding old srars being on the cover... PC this week... and people saying it won't attract new fans. Maybe so. But in ASDA before, I picked up a vopy of the Star (with PC on the cover) and, low and behold, a fellow right behind me picked up the other copy!

Do you not mean hemorrhoid - wouldn't look too good stuck on the wall though. :shock::blink: :blink: :blink:

Me too - regarding the New Technology.

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 1

It happens regularly at this time of the year, prior to Christmas, that there is a delay in delivery of the Star. But this is not the Star's fault.

It's not Christmas just yet! I live in Birmingham. I don't think we've had any snow yet either! my Star usually arrives on Thursday so assuming it arrives on Monday, that is quite some delay! Time to switch to the on line copy?

• Like 1

Well it's back to 11 pages of vintage stuff so it's probably coming by donkey

Privatisation of the Royal Mail will probably be the same joy as the utilities, British rail etc.

Double your money on shares, more for insider banks, higher prices and no improvement in service.

My first st privatisation issue arrived on a Tuesday! And for all its good intentions I found the online stuff so far is hard work.

It's not Christmas just yet! I live in Birmingham. I don't think we've had any snow yet either! my Star usually arrives on Thursday so assuming it arrives on Monday, that is quite some delay! Time to switch to the on line copy?

We've had recorded deliveries that are supposed to be their the next day delayed. As others have said, this is the busiest time of the year and as online purchasing grows it will continue to be a problem.

I've subscribed to the SS for over 10 years, on a yearly basis, got my usual renewal form back in September, popped it in the drawer and forgot all about it. When the Star didn't arrive a few weeks later thought I must renew my subscription now where did I put the renewal form for whatever reason didn't bother to find and now a couple of months later still haven't bothered and not really missing it if I am honest.

My point is though had at anytime around the end of my subscription someone from the Star called me and gave me the chance to renew by taking my card details on the phone or via an email, I'd have renewed there and then!

Customer retention is key in any business Mr Rising, may I suggest each time a subscriber doesn't renew, a simple call, email or a reminder letter may retain that business.

• Like 1

I've subscribed to the SS for over 10 years, on a yearly basis, got my usual renewal form back in September, popped it in the drawer and forgot all about it. When the Star didn't arrive a few weeks later thought I must renew my subscription now where did I put the renewal form for whatever reason didn't bother to find and now a couple of months later still haven't bothered and not really missing it if I am honest.

My point is though had at anytime around the end of my subscription someone from the Star called me and gave me the chance to renew by taking my card details on the phone or via an email, I'd have renewed there and then!

Customer retention is key in any business Mr Rising, may I suggest each time a subscriber doesn't renew, a simple call, email or a reminder letter may retain that business.

FAIR point, thank you, although I would point out that we don't have subscribers telephone numbers

Edited by PHILIPRISING