MY OWN OPINION

1. Ben Morley

2. David Mason C

3. Benji Compton

4. Simon Lambert

5. Adam Kirby

6. Jack Kingston

7. Danno Verge

Danno Verge ? Not on what he showed last season.

Cannot see any way that Mills and Schramm have 6 and 7 point averages respectively. The current rules state that if a rider has a PL CMA and a NL (CL) CMA then the highest of the two shall be used. Not sure what their averages were when they last rode in the third division but would be very surprised if they were that low.

From memory, Schramm finished 1 out of approx a dozen rides around CP this season. I don't think I could cope with that if he was one of ours! One or two wise heads (Mason as captain) and the rest can be Jack Kingston clones - i'd be chuffed with that!

What happens about the bronze helmet if Boxall only rides PL next season?!

In these cases I think it will be declared vacant, then contested by the highest scorers from each team at the first official meeting of the 2014 season.

What exactly does this reference mean or infer? I doesn't look complimentary to me - it may in modern day jargon but then I am an oldie! :unsure:

I believe I first heard the term used at a Wombwell Colliers match in 1965. One of the young fans was standing near to my ear trumpet and could be clearly heard. I understand that it means it's an 'obvious decision that requires no thought'.

Mills on a 6 point average would be a no brainer and Schramm on a 7.04 would be a decent signing too. If they're on higher figures then they are of course not as attractive signings.

What exactly does this reference mean or infer? I doesn't look complimentary to me - it may in modern day jargon but then I am an oldie! :unsure:

I believe I first heard the term used at a Wombwell Colliers match in 1965. One of the young fans was standing near to my ear trumpet and could be clearly heard. I understand that it means it's an 'obvious decision that requires no thought'.

We live and learn. Thanks for the explanation. It now means to me that there is no place - seemingly - for Chris Mills in a Kent Kings side.

Edited by Guest

I think you have grabbed the wrong end of the stick Gustix Mills on a 6pt NL is a no brainer as he should increase it by 50%

Unless of course i'm not down with the kids as much as i think i am

Edited by Triple.H.

I can see no reference to speedway at Wombwell in 1965 here:

http://www.speedwayresearcher.org.uk/wombwell.html

or here:

http://www.speedwayresearcher.org.uk/wombwellingsroad.html

Both links from the Speedway Researcher.

Edited by Guest

I can see no reference to speedway at Wombwell in 1965 here:

http://www.speedwayresearcher.org.uk/wombwell.html

or here:

http://www.speedwayresearcher.org.uk/wombwellingsroad.html

Both links from the Speedway Researcher.

I,too, thought this but have since found out that training sessions were held at Wombwell in 1964 long after they shut down at the end of the 1948(?) Season. Yep I am getting old!

I,too, thought this but have since found out that training sessions were held at Wombwell in 1964 long after they shut down at the end of the 1948(?) Season. Yep I am getting old!

Ah Wombwell in 1947 and 1948. They always struggled by I still remember riders including Len Tupling, Red Hamley and Stan Beradsall - all a long time ago and a completely different concept generally in regard to team organisation and administration.

Thanks for clarifying what went on at Station Road Stadium in the 1960s.

wombwell staged speedway training schools in the mid 1960's.

With regards to the Mason/Schramm situation. I think it would be a benefit to the team to have two experienced riders in the side. Though I may be biased as David Mason was my first ever favourite rider as a 6 year old supporting the old Sittingbourne side and Chris has been a mate of mine since 1998!!

My Kent Kings side if it were possible would be:

1. Ben Morley

2. Jack Kingston

3. Benji Compton

4. David Mason

5. Chris Schramm

6. Adam Kirby

7. Connor Coles

1. Ben Morley

2. Shane Hazelden

3. David Mason

4. Marc Owen

5. Aaron Baseby

6. Rik Mullins

7. Jack Kingston

Sorry pal, that team wouldn't win a meeting man

I also wonder - STILL - what the situation is in regard to Connor Coles and his sudden end-of-season disappearance from the team?

Why the block capitals!! You seem to think you have to know everything about the speedway club at Kent??!! You are very wearing with your repeated line of questions. There is a good reason why they are not being answered man. The club don't wish to yet! You need to get out more :lol:

• Like 1

Well stone the crows, after several weeks of being unable to post after the BSF 'upgrade' (sic), suddenly it's allowing me to again!!

Am sure I've been missed!!!

Can't say I've missed gustix STILL banging on about the biggest 'non-story' in his distinguished journalistic career..:why Connor Coles wasn't in that final (actually never to be...) away team of the KK season..

Hopefully we'll hear no more of that! Rather like it looked you were going to hear no more from me again!!

Edited by Parsloes 1928 nearly

Well stone the crows, after several weeks of being unable to post after the BSF 'upgrade' (sic), suddenly it's allowing me to again!!

Am sure I've been missed!!!

Can't say I've missed gustix STILL banging on about the biggest 'non-story' in his distinguished journalistic career..:why Connor Coles wasn't in that final (actually never to be...) away team of the KK season..

Hopefully we'll hear no more of that! Rather like it looked you were going to hear no more from me again!!

I'll say no more than welcome back! :cheers:

Sorry pal, that team wouldn't win a meeting man

Why the block capitals!! You seem to think you have to know everything about the speedway club at Kent??!! You are very wearing with your repeated line of questions. There is a good reason why they are not being answered man. The club don't wish to yet! You need to get out more .

I also wonder - STILL - what the situation is in regard to Connor Coles and his sudden end-of-season disappearance from the team?

In another career on a non-speedway subject when dealing with a council I filed 37 times the same question and when I retired from a working life in 1997 I was then STILL waiting for an answer. The question was never answered so far as I know. The use of capitals? That's what we used to call "designed for emphasis". It obviously worked in a minor way on here - you noticed it! :lol:

Edited by Guest