British Speedway Forum
JamesM09

Kent Kings 2014

Paul Hurry did retire on doctors' orders I believe but I think he was saying last year that he MAY return..

Hurry riding for the Kings would be quite something!!!

I would like Paul to be team Manager.A younger ex-rider to gee team up.

• Like 1

Paul would make an excellent team manager he was very good with the young riders a few years ago at Lakeside..

Paul is a great would do a awsome job i dont think he would maybe ride speedway guys but hay u never know in speedway.

It's good to see the Kent Kings website was back in action on Sunday (November 17 2013).

now the rye house team has been all but sorted will Kent be announcing theirs/anything? or will we be providing another rider before they commit ahem?

Surely EVEN you can understand that until the NL AGM, it is highly unlikely that sides will start announcing riders for 2014 man!

Do you see any other clubs announcing their sides??
Na me neither so chill yea

Perhaps a little less picking wholes in Lenny Silver on here and by the same folks including ya ex photographer on ya facebok site and things may be more forthcoming from the promotion. Remember y have a great club, had a good first year and now will I m sur will go from strength ta strength guys, so chill yaselves enjoy da winter and Christmas and all will be told when redy

Normally it's not until Jan or Feb that NL teams start announcing riders, although with the NL AGM being this side of Xmas it could be earlier.

The Kings press officer published on their twitter feed a few weeks ago that the promotion had said there would be no news until into the New Year so guess it will be a while yet, but you never know.

And Hector do you really think the promotion are not saying anything because people have different opinions to them?

That's pathetic, they don't care what people think or say on the internet and I have heard that directly from the promotion themselves.

People are allowed different opinions and have the right to voice them on here FB or whatever, and who they are is irrelevant.

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing who the Kings will be in 2014 and will be paying my money each week to support to lads.

• Like 1

Normally it's not until Jan or Feb that NL teams start announcing riders, although with the NL AGM being this side of Xmas it could be earlier.

The Kings press officer published on their twitter feed a few weeks ago that the promotion had said there would be no news until into the New Year so guess it will be a while yet, but you never know.

And Hector do you really think the promotion are not saying anything because people have different opinions to them?

That's pathetic, they don't care what people think or say on the internet and I have heard that directly from the promotion themselves.

People are allowed different opinions and have the right to voice them on here FB or whatever, and who they are is irrelevant.

Personally, I'm looking forward to seeing who the Kings will be in 2014 and will be paying my money each week to support to lads.

Well said. That is exactly what happens. :approve:

come and sit with the whistle gang nikko.

Simon won the Laurels in fact

that final heat win over boxall (who did so well to pass lykke) was worth the entrance fee on its own.

I was going to throw Jerran Hart into the mix but the pillock has got himself thrown into jail for 3 years. He would have been an excellent replacement for Stevie B. Maybe Ben Morley's experiences in Australia will prepare him for stepping up to the plate. I'm convinced that Benji Compton on new machinery will easily put a couple of points on his average. Just hope Kings can keep hold of him. Jack Kingston is another rider with the potential to increase his average - we'd be looking to him to double his 2013 figure. David Mason is still a must for me - he was the catalyst for the turn around in our fortunes this year. He still has so much to offer the team IMO. That leaves us short of a heat leader, a second string, and 2 reserves. Adam Kirby has the head for speedway but, sadly, not the bodyshape currently. He needs to find some way to shed at least a stone in weight if he's going to be competitive.

Can Chris Mills ride NL got some new bike.

I know this is the silly season, however, with the AGM yet to come and the better NL riders of the past season being positioned in EL clubs I wonder what effect it will have on rider availability. At least for heat leader positions.

As for the past thoughts on grass to speedway, I remember Alfie Hagon, top rider on grass, second string standard on shale. That is my memory holds good.