Kent Kings 2014

1. Ben Morley

2. Shane Hazelden

3. David Mason

4. Marc Owen

5. Aaron Baseby

6. Rik Mullins

7. Jack Kingston

yeah I reckon Morley is ready for number 1. Marc Owen looked great (was it in the Silver Ski individual where he led Boxall? for a bit anyway lol). Compton is going to get his groove on next season - need him and Mason together again. too many changes in this side though mate and we should give Kirby another season.

Not sure what was up with Shane Hazelden ,went missing towards the end of the season,,perhaps Garry can let us know ? Ricky Mullins is he still around ? Marc Owen if he can get some equipment together ,should be a good asset i think he needs sponsers ,,,any one out there to help a potentially good rider ???

Marc Owen rode at Iwade then Central park in the last meeting of season and looked good.Yeah Rik Mullins still around as well had couple outings up Iwade also looking fast and Sharp

Not sure what was up with Shane Hazelden ,went missing towards the end of the season,,perhaps Garry can let us know ? Ricky Mullins is he still around ? Marc Owen if he can get some equipment together ,should be a good asset i think he needs sponsers ,,,any one out there to help a potentially good rider ???

I also wonder - STILL - what the situation is in regard to Connor Coles and his sudden end-of-season disappearance from the team?

Simon Lambert at number 1 and possibly Kasper Lykke in the side.....

Nikko - thank you for all your hard work with the King's - we wish you all the best. The social media ideas etc made a perfect season even better. VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

Whistle Gang

Nikko - thank you for all your hard work with the King's - we wish you all the best. The social media ideas etc made a perfect season even better. VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

Whistle Gang

I think you can forget Kasper Lykke - he's Danish.

I'm still around! I took a good year out as I lost all enjoyment in it to be honest. But it's made me realise just how much I missed it and I'm so hungry to come back and race again next year I am 100% available!.. I will do anything to be given a chance to race again. I've let myself and a few people down in the past and I regret that, but you certainly do learn from your mistakes. I'm in the gym 5 nights a week, changed my diet, and my whole attitude and approach to speedway. Like I said I just hope I can be given a chance to show people the changes I've made.

Then turn up at the Kings' pre-season practice next year and prove your point.

yeah I reckon Morley is ready for number 1. Marc Owen looked great (was it in the Silver Ski individual where he led Boxall? for a bit anyway lol). Compton is going to get his groove on next season - need him and Mason together again. too many changes in this side though mate and we should give Kirby another season.

1. Ben Morley

2. Jack Kingston

3. David Mason

4. Benji Compton

5. Aaron Baseby

6. Rik Mullins

7. Marc Owen

Less Changes any better ?

Baseby has done very well at CP this season with 3 wins from 13 rides (no last places). I think Simon Lambert would be great if we could fit him in. Can anybody confirm if Coles has packed up? We should give Kirby another season as he has done well at home and just needs to work on his away form.

Whistle Gang

What on earth would Kasper Lykke learn from riding in the National League? He's make good strides forward at a higher level already, and doesn't need the National League, where he could pick up an injury which would then badly affect his senior club.

As for Simon Lambert, he's had a terrible season caused by circumstances beyond his control. He's already proved that he's a more than capable Premier League rider, and other than as a short early season stint to reboot his confidence, he's got nothing to gain by riding in the National League.

I see that Ben Morley gets named in most peoples team for next year, but the lad deserves for somebody to give him an extended run in the Premier League. He's served his time in the National League, and done it proud, but unless he's given a chance to move forward, he's going to get stale, and finish up as a virtual nobody, and he deserves better than that.

• Like 1

My suggestions are based on decent riders i have seen around CP; riders i know have been injured, struggled recently in the PL, and possibly on the lookout for another club

Yes Morley deserves his chance but is he ready to leave the NL entirely? Will RH have space for him in the new season with others fit again? I am starting to fancy him at #1 for the King's.

Thanks Mimmo for those kind words on our Ben Morley ,,Obviously he wants Premier league as well as National next season, and had a 5.25 with bonus points average ,for Rye House this year in around 15 meetings as a guest which means he can start on a 3 point average next year ,I would suggest that is higher than a considerable number of current reserves in the Premier League ..Hopefully the Premier points limit will be lowered next year with all clubs fielding a British 3 pointer,,,it needs to happen for british youngsters to progress in the sport and all foreigners under a 5 point average to be dropped out of the league...

Thanks Mimmo for those kind words on our Ben Morley ,,Obviously he wants Premier league as well as National next season, and had a 5.25 with bonus points average ,for Rye House this year in around 15 meetings as a guest which means he can start on a 3 point average next year ,I would suggest that is higher than a considerable number of current reserves in the Premier League ..Hopefully the Premier points limit will be lowered next year with all clubs fielding a British 3 pointer,,,it needs to happen for british youngsters to progress in the sport and all foreigners under a 5 point average to be dropped out of the league...

Agree with all you say other than I think Ben needs to forget about the NL now, and see if he can stand on his own two feet, which I'm sure he can.

Personally I think it would do him the world of good to move to a track other than Rye House, as he's already gained a lot of experience on that particular circuit. Just my opinion, and I might be wrong, but that's what I feel.

You could be right Mimmo,, we will have to see what comes out of the promoters meeting and then we will all have a clearer idea of what is happening with British Speedway next season,,and riders like Ben may have a better idea of how they stand team wise ,and plan accordingly..