British Speedway Forum
Gavan

More Corners Needed?

Does anyone else agree that some corners or obstacles may liven up a speedway event? Maybe speedway needs to bring itself into the modern day? Some jumps or maybe a street circuit?

Talk to me.....

Does anyone else agree that some corners or obstacles may liven up a speedway event? Maybe speedway needs to bring itself into the modern day? Some jumps or maybe a street circuit?

Talk to me.....

That sounds like Short Track TT. You couldn't do it on a Speedway bike.

Talk to me.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tzDZPWgd_s

Fun to do but boring to watch.

the idea may need some work, but i think spectators would appreciate something abit different.

i've raced the longtrack at Plattling in Germany a few times, 5 corners !!! quite tiring to say the least

Perhaps they could build a temporary track in Parliament Square leave in the traffic lights and Zebra crossings. That could be exciting especially as they would have to go against the flow of traffic as Speedway bike can't turn right.

That sounds like Short Track TT. You couldn't do it on a Speedway bike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tzDZPWgd_s

Fun to do but boring to watch.

Thanks for that clip....I'd assumed Short Track was more like speedway, just on different types of bikes so less power slides. Looks more akin to Motorcross, but around a speedway track. And yes it does look boring to watch

• Like 1

Thanks for that clip....I'd assumed Short Track was more like speedway, just on different types of bikes so less power slides. Looks more akin to Motorcross, but around a speedway track. And yes it does look boring to watch

They mostly have straight forward oval racing, the TT is a variation for the same bikes and riders, it has to have right turns and at least one jump.

I don't want any further changes to Speedway thank you. Far too many silly changes already. :mad::mad:

• Like 2

Jeez,some riders struggle to get round 4 never mind any more.

• Like 1

Talk to me.....

Many moons ago in the lovely old Pod Orlem in Bydgoszcz,during a very very liquid filled evening with Ole Olsen, Tony Steele, Jim Lawrence and good old Gunter Sorber, a good friend of mine suggested, at length, to Ole, about the possibility of the gp's running with with two starting gates on the home and back straights, running each heat as some kind of pursuit race, like they do in olympic cycling. To be fair, Ole and Gunter listened to him intently, and thankfully ignored everything he said.

They went to bed not long after, and our time with them ended with one of our party nearly coming to blows with Lawrence.

Good times

Has the thread starter been on the sauce a little early in the evening? Perhaps we should throw in a few ramps with fire hoops along the straight that explode as riders pass through them, and a couple of hungry lions to maul any rider who has the misfortune to fall off on the bends.

Utter nonsense thread.

• Like 2

Has the thread starter been on the sauce a little early in the evening? Perhaps we should throw in a few ramps with fire hoops along the straight that explode as riders pass through them, and a couple of hungry lions to maul any rider who has the misfortune to fall off on the bends.

Utter nonsense thread.

How about making tracks square to ensure that cornering will be tight and riders virtually unable to slide round the bends, then half way round the bend have a small ditch which they have to jump the bike over?

Err, excuse me - I know it's now November but I do think that I heard a cuckoo in my garden!

Edited by Guest