British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Greg

Buxton Hitman 2014

Been very quiet on here ,looks to me that we are only good enough to enter the M D I league,just how will we get a team to be competitive in 2014.tried to speak to Jayne at Leicester but she was to busy but saw Jack Lee who just said he did not know they had tried lots of riders but with no success Anyone got any ideas.

Maybe down to £10.00 per point

Yeah well thats not Buxtons fault, they pay the rate they can afford, maybe its not feasible to control the pay rates, but if the points limit is lowered then that is a more controlable way of indirectly putting a limit on riders pay, this year there does appear to be a shortage of middle to higher average riders available. However with the draft maybe some riders wont ride for £10 per point, but if they want to be included in the following seasons draft, then they do need a NL average.

Edited by greyhoundp

I don't quite understand this lower points limit makes it cheaper situation. Here goes, a team has a 40 point limit, it hires a 4 pointer and offers to pay him £25 a point, as he shows real potential and is worth it, he scored 8 points in most meetings, and then earns £200.

The same thing happens but the team points limit is 35, if he is on the same package, and some might say if the points limit was lower he would be more in demand so could earn potentially more, 8 x 25 is still 200.

There are the same amount of points available at a meeting regardless of the team points limit.

I don't quite understand this lower points limit makes it cheaper situation. Here goes, a team has a 40 point limit, it hires a 4 pointer and offers to pay him £25 a point, as he shows real potential and is worth it, he scored 8 points in most meetings, and then earns £200.

The same thing happens but the team points limit is 35, if he is on the same package, and some might say if the points limit was lower he would be more in demand so could earn potentially more, 8 x 25 is still 200.

There are the same amount of points available at a meeting regardless of the team points limit.

If there are 20 riders available then they can be shared around, if there are 10 available then they can hold out for £20/30 pound per point, basically its supply and demand, this year there is a shortage of middle and top order riders, so the riders that are available, can dictate what they want, to a certain extent. This applies also to most jobs, 1 applicant can dictate more his terms than a job that has 20 applicants, at least thats how it is in my line of work, why do you think big bosses want us to remain in the EU ?.

Im not meaning how many points are available, i do realise its the same whatever the limit, this is about how much they get paid for each point, 20 riders after i available position, or 1 rider after 20 positions, i know which one will be able to strike the best deal, i repeat myself, this year there is a rider shortage, and the smaller teams will suffer, and struggle to be competitive especially away from home.

Edited by greyhoundp

Just seen on Kent post that Adam Kirkby is not in there team come on Jayne get him signed up seems best of what is left.

Would make a good signing along i think with Shane Waldron.

Also think they should get Mike Neale looks a talent kid :).

As it is getting close to the season start for Buxton is it not time for the fans who turn up every week at High Edge are given some news as to who is in the team this year

Just seen that Jack Lee has gone to Birmingham as team manager . Come on Jayne tell us please are Buxton running this year and who is in the team and by that I mean the whole team all seven riders and who is going to be the team manager

From the little I have seen, Jack will still be Buxton team manager.

I have no doubt that Jack will be still at Buxton, just hoping Jayne would make a statement about the team members