British Speedway Forum
muirspud

Teams Making The Move Up

What an arrogant Post.

I believe that the Elite League is a failed Product. Promoters paying Riders far more than they can reasonably afford. Elite League Finances are in a mess with the odd exception.

I hope that the Premier League Promoters look very carefully at any deal with the so called Elite League. The Elite League has been in trouble for years and that is with the SKY money. They will be in penury without it. We don't want them bringing their same problems to the Premier League.

There is an old saying - "if it ain't broke - don't try to fix it" - the Premier League ain't broke - so LEAVE IT ALONE!!!

The Premier League is working reasonably well at present - I would not like the Elite League Clubs coming in and ruining what is a very decent League. THEY must sort their own problems out. They were happy to take most of the SKY money during the good times - now let them try to manage without it.

To be fair TWK I think you have slightly misunderstood. The collateral damage referred to i think is the riders from abroad we can not afford - i think i'm right in saying that

I agree strongly the PL is not broken and should be the benchmark for any amalgamation - however i can't see Poole, etc agreeing to that

What an arrogant Post.

What a silly response.

In any declining industry, workers may sadly find themselves out of work. Just look at the shipbuilders who're being laid off, and whilst we can all have sympathy with their predicament, there are simply insufficient ships to build and therefore insufficient income to maintain the same numbers.

I believe that the Elite League is a failed Product. Promoters paying Riders far more than they can reasonably afford. Elite League Finances are in a mess with the odd exception.

So how do expect EL standard riders to be employed in future then? If they can't ride in other leagues or are unwilling to drop to PL wages, where do you expect them to go?

The Premier League is working reasonably well at present - I would not like the Elite League Clubs coming in and ruining what is a very decent League. THEY must sort their own problems out. They were happy to take most of the SKY money during the good times - now let them try to manage without it.

So that's fine then? They can just all go bankrupt and everyone in the PL will be happy.

Except, do you not think there will an influx from the riders put out of work who will have an inflationary pressure on the model of perfection that's the PL? The PL is cost effective precisely because the expensive riders compete elsewhere at the moment.

"So how do expect EL standard riders to be employed in future then? If they can't ride in other leagues or are unwilling to drop to PL wages, where do you expect them to go?"

Humphrey, why the hell should we care? They work for the going rate or do something else

• Like 3

Humphrey, why the hell should we care? They work for the going rate or do something else

That was my point, but that's apparently arrogant according to TWK.

That was my point, but that's apparently arrogant according to TWK.

I doubt TWK would disagree - i think he's maybe misunderstood you

he and i generally sing from a similar hymnsheet

There are several topics spread across the Forum that are similar in tone to this one. They are all asking "what next?".

At the crux of the matter is the Sky money, or lack of it. The promoters seem to be in a "chicken and egg" fix in that they cannot decide how to organise themselves for next year until they know what TV deal will apply - but how can you negotiate a TV deal with no structure in place!

The AGM next week will reveal all (or not).

What an arrogant Post.

I hope that the Premier League Promoters look very carefully at any deal with the so called Elite League. The Elite League has been in trouble for years and that is with the SKY money. They will be in penury without it. We don't want them bringing their same problems to the Premier League.

There is an old saying - "if it ain't broke - don't try to fix it" - the Premier League ain't broke - so LEAVE IT ALONE!!!

How do judge a league being a working product ? there are just many clubs in the Pl who finances are in a mess and just about stay open each year ...just like any sport without the sky money that sport in question would not be able to run in the way it has speedway is the same ...The PL just like the El in losing fans and money as every season passes .

How do judge a league being a working product ? there are just many clubs in the Pl who finances are in a mess and just about stay open each year ...just like any sport without the sky money that sport in question would not be able to run in the way it has speedway is the same ...The PL just like the El in losing fans and money as every season passes .

Perhaps you are right - but crucially - we don't want failed Elite League Clubs entering the Premier League and expecting to rule the roost - it has happened before.

As I said - SKY money has not really affected the Premier League to any great extent so the Clubs in the lower League are used to working to tight Budgets - former Elite League Clubs patently obviously - aren't.

They (the Elite League) need to put their own house in order. I realise you will not agree with me orion. Sorry.

Perhaps you are right - but crucially - we don't want failed Elite League Clubs entering the Premier League and expecting to rule the roost - it has happened before.

As I said - SKY money has not really affected the Premier League to any great extent so the Clubs in the lower League are used to working to tight Budgets - former Elite League Clubs patently obviously - aren't.

They (the Elite League) need to put their own house in order. I realise you will not agree with me orion. Sorry.

? all work to same Ideal what money you are getting in and what you paying out . as I said there have been just as many if not more PL clubs who at this present time can't balance the books ...in terms of losing money and fans both are the same . How long have Glasgow etc been in the pl ? there losing money all the time hardly ties in what say about teams being able to to work to tight budgets because they have been in the pl for a number of years .

There are several topics spread across the Forum that are similar in tone to this one. They are all asking "what next?".

At the crux of the matter is the Sky money, or lack of it. The promoters seem to be in a "chicken and egg" fix in that they cannot decide how to organise themselves for next year until they know what TV deal will apply - but how can you negotiate a TV deal with no structure in place!

Except that the AGM rarely reveals anything :cry: .

Probably introduce a new helmet cover colour as the major change ,if previous AGM's are anything to go by.
  • Like 1

No far better to let it out in dribs and drabs so no body notices!! They think that works because they are so far removed from the fan base.

Personally I would like to see just Leicester move up to make it 11 teams with 20 home and 20 away meetings (40 league matches).

If more than one team moves up then there will be a series of group matches for some trophy before each team races each other just once at home and once away. (22-24 league matches)

Limit it to 11 teams in the EL so either one up or two up and one down.

Is there a confirmed data for the AGM or will it be postponed until they know if there is a TV deal.

Is there a confirmed data for the AGM or will it be postponed until they know if there is a TV deal.

that is a good question no point in AGM's if all the information is not available ,probably come up with some contingency plan if that is the case