British Speedway Forum

Just watched the meeting, fast forward between most of the heats(did listen to one or two interviews) so not sure if I missed anything relevant.

The Nicholls/Harris incident was a tough call. Someone compared it to pedersen/Zagar, lol! It took a nanosecond for the experts to decide who the dick was on Saturday, even after endless reruns and debate last night is still 50/50 and neither rider has been criticised for stupid riding, well as far as the real experts are concerned anyway.

To be fair if it was Pedersen who had made same move as Nicholls last night then whole speedway world would call him a dirty bar steward this morning!!

• Like 5

There lies the problem, nobody cares enough to challenge unacceptable behaviour anymore.

So did you care enough to challenge the people that were booing last night in person, or did you just wait until you came on here and started a trivial post, just because you felt the need to vent or is it because you support Ben

This has been going on for years at every track, that doesnt mean it is acceptable, i just personally dont think it is worth a topic on the BSF.

I looked at the topic because i look at most toipics, just to see what has been written before you ask why i bothered replying

It's the 4th bend it all started, Harris got out of shape and had very little momentum causing Nicholls to bump into him, then down the home straight Nicholls had the line for the 1st bend but Harris wasn't giving an inch and it was the semi final so it was all to play for. They ran out of straight and Harris's leg went up and down he went. Scott had the line and the position, in my book Harris should have gone. If both hadn't made such hard work of there night they wouldn't have been there anyway but it was a good meeting.

Tai's antics were not against the rules and unless Harris was going to start a metre back from the tapes then his gate wasnt messed with as tai took dirt away from the gate position. Wouldn't effect golden gloves on the outside anyway. Still can't gate.

Edited by Coventry_Bee
  • Like 2

I'd move the final to somewhere like Peterborough. Neutral track and a longer run to the first corner which would help stop some of the bunching.

But what about the cheating with the riders having both wheels over the white line that the referee can't spot ? What has stopped them from putting a kerb in?

• Like 1

Booing as banter yes agreed like when he was walking past panto villain fine yes boo... Stricken on the floor no don't boo and if barker was a fan doubt he would boo either

That wasn't booing, come back on tuesday 24th Cradley V Mildenhall. Then you may hear some booing.

• Like 1

Planning permission?

:wink:

About the change of venue I would assume it will be Wolves next year then NSS from 2016 onwards.

Garrity showing why the location of fast track reserves was quickly dropped as a stipulation. Same he's a Manc in some ways as it's led to a lot of lads with extra miles and a lot of promoters with extra expense.

I have no problem with Tia and his shovel but the officials shouldn't have let it happen. In fact all the riders should have been told to return to the pits and prepare for racing.

About the change of venue I would assume it will be Wolves next year then NSS from 2016 onwards.

Garrity showing why the location of fast track reserves was quickly dropped as a stipulation. Same he's a Manc in some ways as it's led to a lot of lads with extra miles and a lot of promoters with extra expense.

I have no problem with Tia and his shovel but the officials shouldn't have let it happen. In fact all the riders should have been told to return to the pits and prepare for racing.

Can see what you are saying.. but, he was already prepared, hence him having the time to do what he did.

To be fair if it was Pedersen who had made same move as Nicholls last night then whole speedway world would call him a dirty bar steward this morning!!

if it had been Pedersen then Harris wouldnt have fallen at the first bend....

....he wouldve been through the fence before they reached the start/finish line.

• Like 1

But what about the cheating with the riders having both wheels over the white line that the referee can't spot ? What has stopped them from putting a kerb in?

Health & Safety.

• Like 1

Has Woffy had the appropriate training and the certification to use a shovel.

• Like 1

They were all preparing their start positions last night, so no big deal. The only issue is that one rider had tools, were the other riders offered them?

The biggest surprise to me last night was Nicholls pathetic and childish rant on Twitter, that got all the speedway sycophants out in force. I can't say if Harris slid off easily or not, to me it looked like NIcholls put himself and his bike into a gap where there would always be contact, unless Harris backed off. These things happen, racing incident, heat of the moment stuff with the referee, move on.

What is unprofessional, childish and pathetic is this tweet that appeared on Nicholls Twitter timeline.

Good Post, It is a speedway race and you don't win anything in this sport by backing off.

I like Scott and I like Bomber, but don't favour one more than the other, but I do think Dan Holt has a reputation for poor decisions. Having said all that I couldn't really fault the decision to put Scott out. I thought it was close and on balance I thought Scott should go but I wouldn't have said it was wrong to but Bomber out if the ref saw it differently because it could have gone either way. So it was one of the very rare occasions that Dan Holt made the right call IMO.

I presume none of those saying Bomber took a dive, have actually experienced coming off a motorcycle at 60 mph, if indeed they have experienced it at any speed but I doubt that it is the sort of thing that a rider would decide upon in a split second with all the risks of injury that are involved , plus the fact that if done deliberately there would be no point unless Bomber was pretty certain that it would be Scott not Bomber to go .

As to Scotts post on twitter, he does himself no credit by that sort of childish comment after the event.. One thing about Scott, going back over the years is that he doesn't mind dishing it out but he doesn't like it when he is on the rough end of the pineapple. He knows by now you win some and you lose some, but silly comments don't change anything.

• Like 2