British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Primary Chain

Oz Championships 2013-14

I got to Kurri and Undera last year. Stopped off at Glenrowan, right in Ned Kelly country. Will do both again this year. I would like to go to Gillman, but it is a long, long way.

So can someone tell me about the Underra track? As I have asked before, is it like any British tracks in shape and size? Have dates so now it's just a matter of getting back to the lucky country.

So can someone tell me about the Underra track? As I have asked before, is it like any British tracks in shape and size? Have dates so now it's just a matter of getting back to the lucky country.

There is plenty of videos on youtube of the Undera track!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgDInWgLYUs

Undera is smallish and not very wide. It is critical to gate well there, as it is difficult to come from behind. It is technically challenging and not so much the full throttle, big squirt like Gillman or Kurri. It is important to know that it is in the middle of nowhere. Be careful travelling at night, because the area has a large population of big kangaroos. I hit one coming back from the speedway last year and the resulting off road experience, was almost my last. I was lucky. If you are going to hit an Australian marsupial, it is best to do it in an Australian car.

Don't talk to me about roos, they must be the stupidest animals in the world (after cricketing Poms).

As for Undera, it is 270 metres around, with a stone-based shale surface. A guy I talked with last year told me it was like Wolves.

Edited by Ned Kelly 41
  • Like 1

If anyone either gets the results or goes to the meeting at Kurri Kurri tomorrow could you please post them on here, thanks.

If anyone either gets the results or goes to the meeting at Kurri Kurri tomorrow could you please post them on here, thanks.

theres normally updates on the update site bud.

theres normally updates on the update site bud.

Thanks A F , I always go to updates but there is usually a notification on here, it is not a major meeting or maybe Sue has been on the orange juice and not able to post on here, she does a sterling job and maybe just enjoying Christmas. I will check tomorrow on updates, here or Aus Speedway Forum.

Edited by A ORLOV

I'll start a new thread, with the entry list. Boxing Night at Kurri is always a must.

Good news. I have a fellow traveller, so we will be going to Gillman. So it is Friday and Saturday at Kurri. Wednesday will be at Undera and on to South Australia for the Saturday round. It will be a week where, too much speedway is barely enough.

The winners will come from the seeded riders. Only Nick Morris stands out among the qualifiers and his form has been good. Undera is again the key to a top result. The top four will be Chris Holder, Troy Batchelor, Jason Doyle and Cameron Woodward. Last year, Doyley only managed 7 points at Undera, but an improvement can be expected and will be needed if he is to break through. Cameron Woodward is a classy rider and goes well everywhere. Chris Holder after his comeback, is improving with every ride. At his best he should win, but he will be tested by the others. Troy Batchelor especially will exploit any weaknesses. There will not be any of this going through the series undefeated. If you are looking for a dark horse, try Josh Grajczonek. At his best, this bloke can beat anybody. He just needs that consistency that the best riders have. It should be a great series.

Will be up early friday to see if it is on speedway updates and hoping Nick Morris qualifies for Sat.

I have seen Nick race a few times this year. I expect he will be the top qualifier. He is in great form.