British Speedway Forum

yes it is.... Not good enough to win, but certainly to compete.....god you do talk some blinkered, bias, defensive garbage....you'll bet telling us middlo has just been for a haircut next :)

Won't cost him much. :shock: :shock: :wink:

Now what you been saying ..you made it clear that no one could do better hence why people are asking you about the us team ...just answer the question who do think is the better side is Team Gb or the USA side ..

Orion dear boy. The US have beat us once, and they will do it again, we have nobody creditable enough bar Tai. Bridger aint good enough and needs to take his head out of his own backside, nors Barker, he needs to keep his trap shut and consentrate on riding a speedway bike, i like barker as a rider, and not the other Barker. Cook is still learning, Harris will get no better. Danny King and Eddie Kennet are in the same catagory. and i don't think Scott Nicholls would be interested in riding for Team GB anymore.

We are no more a force on the World stage and won't be. We had our best chance in 04 when the riders were at their peak, we don't have the grounding or the set up they have in Poland Denmark and the Aussies for example, We don't have the class, or depth of riders. we do not have the interest in Speedway that the poles and Danes have. A lot of the british kids, think they know it all, and are not prepared to listen. Those that do listen and have a bit of abillity cannot obtain the sponsorship which they need. So, You and your other so called team managers can say what you like, but i will be proved right, we have a very long tail, Neil was on a hiding to nothing, and the new man will be in the same boat. I dare Phil Morris to come on here and disagree with my statement. And i will, remember this conversation..

Yes I think I do.

A team manager is like any other manager when it comes to handling his team members - or employees if you like.

I know a fair bit about management as it happens - and Middleditch certainly did not fulfil his role in the way he handled the team selection for the WTC or the way he handled "dropped" team members.

Putting aside the woeful results - do you really think that he could not have handled his team any better?

You may, know a bit about management, but you have no idea how to manage a speedway team. and you certainly would not do any better. Many on here can talk the talk but could never, walk the walk...

As i said in my above post, Neil was on a hiding to nothing, and any man taking the job on will be in the same boat. WE DO NOT HAVE THE CLASS OR DEPTH OF RIDER, i hope that helps.

Night Night, Team Managers... :rofl:

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

Orion dear boy. The US have beat us once, and they will do it again, we have nobody creditable enough bar Tai. Bridger aint good enough and needs to take his head out of his own backside, nors Barker, he needs to keep his trap shut and consentrate on riding a speedway bike, i like barker as a rider, and not the other Barker. Cook is still learning, Harris will get no better. Danny King is in the same catagory. and i don't think Scott Nicholls would be interested in riding for Team GB anymore.

We are no more a force on the World stage and won't be. we don't have the grounding or the set up they have in Poland and Denmark for example, We don't have the class, or depth of riders. So, You and your other so called team managers can say what you like, but i will be proved right, Neil was on a hiding to nothing, and the new man will be in the same boat. I dare Phil Morris to come on here and disagree with my statement. And i will, remember this conversation..

You may, know a bit about management, but you have no idea how to manage a speedway team. and you certainly would not do any better. Many on here can talk the talk but could never, walk the walk...

As i said in my above post, Neil was on a hiding to nothing, and any man taking the job on will be in the same boat. WE DO NOT HAVE THE CLASS OR DEPTH OF RIDER, i hope that helps.

Does anyone know what happened to the poster also known as Starman, that spent his time taking the p!ss out of other posters for their spelling and grammar?

EDIT: I'm not taking in to account the bullrubbish that goes with it, we'll save that one for another day :D

Edited by Jacques

Does anyone know what happened to the poster also known as Starman, that spent his time taking the p!ss out of other posters for their spelling and grammar?

Jacques, i couldn't give a monkeys darling.

We only get our national team together for BSI's benefit anyway!

Jacques, i couldn't give a monkeys darling.

I admit to bailing out for the last few pages, but i feel genuinely embarrassed for Starman for the most part of the thread i've seen here.

I'm not sure sure i've seen someone stick up for someone, literally post by post, to the extent you have.

Forget the fiver someone bet you earlier, i'll quite happily pin £250 to the riders ben fund that says that the next manager will do better than your hero.

As for the last page i read, i seriously doubt Phil Morris would come on here to big up his credentials for being a manager - whats the point ? And why should he ?

By the same token, there's nothing to be gained in Middlo coming on here to explain me bumping into him in a whorehouse is there ? Exactly...

• Like 1

Orion dear boy. The US have beat us once, and they will do it again, we have nobody creditable enough bar Tai. Bridger aint good enough and needs to take his head out of his own backside, nors Barker, he needs to keep his trap shut and consentrate on riding a speedway bike, i like barker as a rider, and not the other Barker. Cook is still learning, Harris will get no better. Danny King and Eddie Kennet are in the same catagory. and i don't think Scott Nicholls would be interested in riding for Team GB anymore.

We are no more a force on the World stage and won't be. We had our best chance in 04 when the riders were at their peak, we don't have the grounding or the set up they have in Poland Denmark and the Aussies for example, We don't have the class, or depth of riders. we do not have the interest in Speedway that the poles and Danes have. A lot of the british kids, think they know it all, and are not prepared to listen. Those that do listen and have a bit of abillity cannot obtain the sponsorship which they need. So, You and your other so called team managers can say what you like, but i will be proved right, we have a very long tail, Neil was on a hiding to nothing, and the new man will be in the same boat. I dare Phil Morris to come on here and disagree with my statement. And i will, remember this conversation..

So once again a load of waffle and no answer of the question.

How about you give us the pedigree of fisher, wells and manzares and explain just how they are better than Harris, cook,barker,king, Bridget etc.

You are utterly, utterly wrong in your statement that we do not have the same depth of rider. This has been PROVEN to you and any sensible adult would admit that.

So once again a load of waffle and no answer of the question.

How about you give us the pedigree of fisher, wells and manzares and explain just how they are better than Harris, cook,barker,king, Bridget etc.

You are utterly, utterly wrong in your statement that we do not have the same depth of rider. This has been PROVEN to you and any sensible adult would admit that.

'Bridget'?? Luv it. Brightened my day! :t::D

ps. Middlo didn't ride/race the bikes against USA - mind you, neither did the 'strength in depth' Team GB riders!!!!! :wink:

pps. Middlo recommending Rosco; Havvy and/or Screen to throw their hats into the ring - with Morris sticking to U21s for the time being.

Edited by Skidder1

'Bridget'?? Luv it. Brightened my day! :t::D

ps. Middlo didn't ride/race the bikes against USA - mind you, neither did the 'strength in depth' Team GB riders!!!!! :wink:

pps. Middlo recommending Rosco; Havvy and/or Screen to throw their hats into the ring - with Morris sticking to U21s for the time being.

Bridget :) whoops.. but we'll stick with it!

Billy Hamill/Steve Evans didn't race the bikes for the USA either but they were an integral part of their team finishing higher than a far stronger UK team.

You may, know a bit about management, but you have no idea how to manage a speedway team.

So I'm perfectly qualified for the job, then.

Please don't make assumptions about what I do and do not know about.

Please answer the question I asked some posts ago:

Do you really think that Middleditch handled and managed the team well during the SWC?

Edited by Shale Shaker

Our side shouldve beaten USA and Latvia, the riders should look at themselves but the management should take full responsibility. Still cant believe Kennett, Barker and Bridger were picked ahead of King!

Our side shouldve beaten USA and Latvia, the riders should look at themselves but the management should take full responsibility. Still cant believe Kennett, Barker and Bridger were picked ahead of King!

So that means NO to Morris taking over then!!!! :t:

So that means NO to Morris taking over then!!!! :t:

Nice try, but no it doesn't.

Morris was there to work for Middleditch. I'm sure he will have ideas of his own if given the chance.

So I'm perfectly qualified for the job, then.

Please don't make assumptions about what I do and do not know about.

Please answer the question I asked some posts ago:

Do you really think that Middleditch handled and managed the team well during the SWC?

Like any team manager, Neil does/did what he thinks is right for the side. And no, your far and away from being qualified, just like that Bwitcher.. Still im sure you two will keep banging out dross like a pair of headless chickens..

I mean, what chance has B witcher got, he can't even spell a riders name correctly, :rofl: I wouldn't even give him a programme to fill out, nevermind the Team GB job... Ha Ha :rofl:

Edited by Starman2006