British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Midland Red

Nick Nicholls

Today's Coventry Telegraph carries an announcement of the death at 76 of John Ivor (Nick) Nicholls [Coventry 1954-61]

RIP Nick

That's sad news, I remember Nick well, always immaculately turned out and a handy rider too.

Thoughts are with Nick's family and friends, RIP Nick

I remember taking a photo of his immaculate JAP in the pits at Knowle Stadium in Bristol in 1960. I'm sorry to hear of his passing, but this has reminded me of him. I cannot think who he may have been riding for, but I presume as a guest for someone, in Bristol's only year in the Provincial League.

I've briefly looked at the Provincial League team line-ups for 1960 season (with guests), and can see no reference to his appearance. Any ideas?

He rode in the World Championship Qualifying Round at Bristol on Friday 10 June 1960, scoring 12 points from 5 rides.

He rode in the World Championship Qualifying Round at Bristol on Friday 10 June 1960, scoring 12 points from 5 rides.

Thank you so much for the info. It never ceases to amaze me the amount of knowledge and interest out there. Many thanks.

Tim.

• Like 1