British Speedway Forum
dantodan

British Speedway Promoters Meeting

yes poland is where the big money is .a rider gets fined £1000s by his club if his shirt is not buttened up properly

You would all be staggered to know that there are/were bIG names who signed a massive contract...but getting teh dough is another factor all together. I can recall people who were owed £25k..and still went to Poland in teh hopes of getting paid, which of course they never did.

One deal was the rider was deducted 10% on his deal every time he missed a match..for whatever reason..including injury..and that is by reports quite normal.

With a new pay deal..75% of not very much is still better than 100% of **** all....business sense is beginning to take hold..possibly 5 years too late, but better late than never.

One of the first priorities to reform British Speedway is by employing riders - whether Brits or foreign - that actually want to race here... and don't ditch us when our gloss wears a bit dull, like others I could mention, who'll xome a crawling back when Poland and Sweden kick them out and they have nowhere to ride...

Any rider that decides he wants to sit out British speedway while reaping the delights of overseas leagues should have a percentage placed on his average for every season he decides to miss.

Edited by moxey63
  • Like 1

How about if they were allowed to share the number one slot? That would make things easier and if there are more fixtures they'd still be riding less than previous years.

The problem with that is its effectively the equivalent of only one riding in the UK. Surely it would be preferable if they were to both ride but for different teams. That has always been the case historically and there is nothing about he modern situation that should mean that's not applicable (with the exception of whether the UK can afford them in the first place.

The other issue is that a job share would generally cover all dates. It doesn't resolve a Friday night at Lakeside the night before a GP. In fact, in terms of preferred meetings you'd assume they'd choose virtually identical meetings.

And more generically what would other teams do in this situation, because I just don't think many of the top riders are interested full-stop.

My view remains. Don't prevent Holder and Ward riding in the UK, but equally don't create a rule specifically to suit their needs, especially one the option to ride for different clubs in the UK exists. There are enough holes in the strategy of UK speedway. Don't make it worse by making some clubs stronger and others weaker in order to support individual riders who are probably out of the price range of British Speedway as a whole.

• Like 1

The problem with that is its effectively the equivalent of only one riding in the UK. Surely it would be preferable if they were to both ride but for different teams. That has always been the case historically and there is nothing about he modern situation that should mean that's not applicable (with the exception of whether the UK can afford them in the first place.

The other issue is that a job share would generally cover all dates. It doesn't resolve a Friday night at Lakeside the night before a GP. In fact, in terms of preferred meetings you'd assume they'd choose virtually identical meetings.

And more generically what would other teams do in this situation, because I just don't think many of the top riders are interested full-stop.

My view remains. Don't prevent Holder and Ward riding in the UK, but equally don't create a rule specifically to suit their needs, especially one the option to ride for different clubs in the UK exists. There are enough holes in the strategy of UK speedway. Don't make it worse by making some clubs stronger and others weaker in order to support individual riders who are probably out of the price range of British Speedway as a whole.

I wasn't thinking of them specifically, it could be done at several clubs where one or more top riders is likely to be out. It would still lessen their load from previous years and I wasn't considering giving them a fixture choice, more a take it or leave it choice. It makes no difference to me anyway as I live very much in the north, but I understand that some clubs would like to try and keep their stars, and sharing might be one option.

Nobody is preventing Holder,Ward etc riding over here,at the end of the day if any rider really wants to ride in the EL then they will.

So (according to rumour!) slashing the points limit is the answer? ... f...... genius!! Why didn't they do that over the last 5 years.... oh hang on...!

Presumably admission prices would be slashed in line with this?

Still it's just a rumour....

Edited by MrB

So (according to rumour!) slashing the points limit is the answer? ... f...... genius!! Why didn't they do that over the last 5 years.... oh hang on...!

Presumably admission prices would be slashed in line with this?

Still it's just a rumour....

Im hearing all kinds of rumours to,I expect we will find out around this time tomorrow night,but dont forget whatever the headlines or press release say the devil is always in the detail.

I wouldn't put it past em to revert to 13 heat matches to save points money, but would they cut ticket prices from say £15 to £13..doubt it.

Im hearing all kinds of rumours to,I expect we will find out around this time tomorrow night,but dont forget whatever the headlines or press release say the devil is always in the detail.

Its like a secret society.....Masonic....more like Moronic. :drink:

Its like a secret society.....Masonic....more like Moronic. :drink:

You can call it anything you like,just as long as the conference comes out with something positive about our sport.

With the 15% that would in effect be quite a bit lower than 38.50.

I hope the under 21s are allowed their true average rather than a set 3 or above.

I am hearing that someone has stolen the reduced price choccy hob nobs that were given out on the first day of the agm by Matt Ford! However, they were handed out in two's and there was one left over, they voted on what should have been done with it........ and no clear winner came out, so they were placed back in the biccy barrel whilst the meeting recessed overnight.

Rjis morning, it was noticed that the biccy barrel had been tampered with during the night and the biscuits gone..... this has thrown the meeting into disarray and.......................

Thats what I've heard so far.

• Like 2

I am hearing that someone has stolen the reduced price choccy hob nobs that were given out on the first day of the agm by Matt Ford! However, they were handed out in two's and there was one left over, they voted on what should have been done with it........ and no clear winner came out, so they were placed back in the biccy barrel whilst the meeting recessed overnight.

Rjis morning, it was noticed that the biccy barrel had been tampered with during the night and the biscuits gone..... this has thrown the meeting into disarray and.......................

Thats what I've heard so far.

What has that got to do with my post?

You can call it anything you like,just as long as the conference comes out with something positive about our sport.

They've had chances to do it before and still here we are..Are you hopeful screm? :drink:

What has that got to do with my post?

It was supposed to be a dig at Team ruddy Hougarrd bloody racing fans and friends. Not yours foamfence! The quote button is playing silly buggars or I'm to old to get it working correctly, sorry!!

• Like 1

TBF, if you bring up 3 new clubs you need to find 21 rider totaling the best part of 130 if you don't drop the points limit. If you assume they bring up their current PL riders then you have 10 (El teams) times 42 + 3 (PL teams) times 25. Totaling 495. 495 shared equally between 13 teams is 38. So in effect you're not making anything any weaker, you're just6 sharing out equally what is already there.

The alternative is you stick with a 42 point limit meaning the 3 team moving up are left with PL standard teams and take an ass kicking all year, go bust and we lose 3 clubs from British speedway.

Edited by SCB

I'm hearing points limit is 38.50

2 Brit U21's riding at reserve

Riders will be given a 15% increase on their last averages to reflect the league strength changes.

Is this just Elite league?

a 15% increase in riders averages? that means 38.50 is false and in reality its 33.5 based on this years EL averages.

With the 15% that would in effect be quite a bit lower than 38.50.

I hope the under 21s are allowed their true average rather than a set 3 or above.

Why are people responding to nonsense made up by the village idiot?

Do you know the word "gullible" has been missed out of the latest Oxford English Dictionary?

• Like 2