British Speedway Forum
dantodan

British Speedway Promoters Meeting

I agree. I know Neil Machin is not everyone's cup of tea, but he has operated a well run business for 20 odd years. It begs the question has he decided to sell up because he just can't be bothered to deal with some of the promoters who come up with these half arsed ideas at the drop of a hat?

As you know, it has nothing do with anything like that, but nice try. Neil has always wintered in OZ, and it was well known that when the time came he would move over there. Surprised it has taken him so long to take the decision. Best of luck to Neil. :P

“I can assure supporters I am making every effort to ensure the sport continues here at Sheffield,” said Machin.

“But it will be without me. My time is up and I am deadly serious, I can’t do this anymore and I have to move on.

“There are several issues, the conflicts with the sport’s authorities and certain individuals with their own agendas." - Neil Machin 22/11/13

Looks as though Elephantman may not have been far from the truth?

• Like 1

jimmyjimmy love your avatar.

Is this a new stand for parking speedway bikes in the pits?

A Barry Briggs invention no doubt. So it'll be in the 2014 rules for every rider to have one.

I'll certainly be loitering round the pits at Glasgow next season. ;)

I am afraid you won't see her around the pits in Glasgow! Glad you like it though!

jimmyjimmy love your avatar.

Is this a new stand for parking speedway bikes in the pits?

A Barry Briggs invention no doubt. So it'll be in the 2014 rules for every rider to have one.

I'll certainly be loitering round the pits at Glasgow next season. ;)

I am afraid you won't see her the pits in Glasgow! Glad you like it though!

• Like 1

I am afraid you won't see her around the pits in Glasgow! Glad you like it though!

I liked her TWICE as well. :t::D :D

Jon Cook says EL fans will delighted that they have dropped these extra fixture of choosing who you race against yet Pl introduce it.You could not make it up!!!!!!!

Just confirms what a Mickey Mouse sport this is, god knows why I still bother with it. I would have thought it better to have fewer matches in the PL so that we are not trying to fit in Play Off and other Cup matches in the last few days of the season, on a cold, wet night in October.

This turns our League in to a complete JOKE!!

Surely these Meetings will not count towards the Play Offs or for Points in the League. If you need Points pick the BOTTOM Team.

If you need Money - pick your local rivals (the most likely).

WHAT ARE THEY TRYING TO DO TO SPEEDWAY!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

Somerset only have one local rival.

Just confirms what a Mickey Mouse sport this is, god knows why I still bother with it. I would have thought it better to have fewer matches in the PL so that we are not trying to fit in Play Off and other Cup matches in the last few days of the season, on a cold, wet night in October.

Somerset only have one local rival.

Well they Could Ride against them THREE times to make up the Meetings - oh!! - and the money of course. :o:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Edited by The White Knight

I liked her TWICE as well. :t::D :D

I liked her much more often than that :)

This turns our League in to a complete JOKE!!

Surely these Meetings will not count towards the Play Offs or for Points in the League. If you need Points pick the BOTTOM Team.

If you need Money - pick your local rivals (the most likely).

WHAT ARE THEY TRYING TO DO TO SPEEDWAY!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

I thought you were glad you were watching PL speedway?

Does seem daft though to choose your last 3 opponents. If it is so necessary to do it at all, do it by geography, not as you say, to pick up points off the worst team.

Bummer! :rolleyes:

I know I would.

I see Lewis Blackbird has tweeted the NL reserves are to be paid £40 a point with a guarantee of 3 points!!!! Woohoo £120 quid a meeting! Blackbird says he's not doing it and hopes all the NL boys will stick together.

I see the Elite league has the progression of the young Brits at heart :icon_smile_clown:

• Like 1

LEWIS BLACKBIRD ‏@lewiblack 5m @SpeedwayGB £40 a point elite league. 3point guarantee?? Cant do it and I'm gutted. Hope all the NL boys stick together on this????!

Trouble ahead ?.

I see Lewis Blackbird has tweeted the NL reserves are to be paid £40 a point with a guarantee of 3 points!!!! Woohoo £120 quid a meeting!

I wouldn't mind the chance to earn £400+ additional income for 10 minutes work, with a guarantee of £120 even if I don't do a stroke.

• Like 2

I see Lewis Blackbird has tweeted the NL reserves are to be paid £40 a point with a guarantee of 3 points!!!! Woohoo £120 quid a meeting! Blackbird says he's not doing it and hopes all the NL boys will stick together.

I see the Elite league has the progression of the young Brits at heart :icon_smile_clown:

Have no idea of the pay rates in the NL, but £120 minimum a meeting with £40 per point looks to be low. How much does a tyre cost?, plus what is the cost of fuel, oil etc, that is before you look at the cost of a blown engine.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

Great ... If that's the case the pay is less than in the premier league !

What do they currently get in the NL per point, and as reserves in the PL per point?

NL is usually £10 per point, but some clubs (Dudley especially) offer a fair bit more.

PL reserves is usually around £40-45 per point. That may go up a bit if the riders scores more than X amount of points.

Usually there's some sort of guarantee to cover travel expenses and things like that.

£40 per point in the EL is pretty damn poor, but it's not unexpected.

They brought this rule in to cut expenses, not to give British youngsters a shot at the EL, despite what they may say!

• Like 4

I wouldn't mind the chance to earn £400+ additional income for 10 minutes work, with a guarantee of £120 even if I don't do a stroke.

To be fair they have to do a lot of work to be able to do those 10 minutes and have a lot of expense.

Not many jobs cost you a fortune to do like speedway.

I used to have to buy a donkey jacket and a pair of boots and usually got my money back fromt he firm I worked for.

These lads would have to pay a lot up front to be competetive in the EL.

I bet the promoters paid a lot more to those nuggets they used to fly back and forward so why not invest in the NL guys a bit.

It seems as if the promoters just want 2 kids to ride around for 4 laps between each other over 2 races and come last in a couple of others with stiffer opposition so they can brag about how much effort they are putting into the next generation.

They wasted a fortune on foreign garbage but won't seriously invest in our own kids.

Pretty much says it all. This will fail even before the first hurdle.

Damn shame as it is the only way to really bring our kids on.

Edited by pandorum
  • Like 1