British Speedway Forum
trophykid

Stoke Potters 2014

Having always been a fan of Ben Wilson I find it hard to believe the lad is now back in the NL...

I hope he blasts a heap of points and is back in the Premier League before to long

Great signing in Ben Wilson well done Stoke. :)

Great signing in Ben Wilson well done Stoke. :)

Certainly pulled a rabbit out of the hat in getting Ben Wilson in but there has to be a worry where the heat leaders are coming from at the likes of Buxton and Plymouth with so many riders, Boxall, Blackbird, Morris, Ellis etc, unable to ride NL this coming season.

s, Boxall, Blackbird, Morris, Ellis etc, unable to ride NL this coming season.

Good....thats progress which is what we need from the NL

If you dont use developing riders you wont have heat leaders in the future--simple

• Like 1

So, Chris Widman completes the top 5. Interesting, but it does worry me. Not sure he has ridden in the main body of a team before? Should have the benefit of riding with Ben Wilson, which could well help him though!

Looks a poor team at the moment. Who knows thou?

I don't know if it looks poor, but it does depend on the reserves. Widman signing leaves us with 6.61 for the final 2. If those two are, say Danny Phillips and Matt Williamson, then the team looks better, because the top 3 will score well, and the other 4 can improve. If however, we have 2 untried riders who struggle, the team will struggle.

• Like 1

You beat me to it Vog. With the type of reserves you speak of it could be a competitive side in the NL. Wilson will be a top rider in this league but his 10. something compared to a 7. something for Steve Worrell is a big difference for riders I expect to be on similar averages by end of year. Need 3 pointers to be improvers to make this in to a top four side. Average keepers on 3 will see Stoke in the bottom half. Feeling one will be Tedham and for all his effort; I cannot see much beyond a 3.5 for him this year.

Unless they get turn 3 sorted the team will feature r/r a lot. It saddens me the way Stoke have declined over the last decade.

• Like 1

Facilities at Chesterton Stadium, Stoke, are often commented about on the BSF. It would appear that small oval car race followers also have views on the place. This appeared on Roger’s Oval Racing page forum recently:

http://www.ukovalracing.info/

3/1/14 The Wanderer went to Stoke .....”Good to see Stoke advertising World Qualifying and World Semi-Final meetings for the Brisca F1’s in 2014. Both dates are in the diary and I just hope that the promoter manages to organise some decent ‘facilities’ for both drivers and spectators!”

Edited by Guest

James must be a trump card for Stoke. Great signing.

Happy with the signing of McBain, easily one of the better 3 pointers, and has an odd amount of PL experience for someone with very little NL experience!