British Speedway Forum
trophykid

Stoke Potters 2014

Facilities at Chesterton Stadium, Stoke, are often commented about on the BSF. It would appear that small oval car race followers also have views on the place. This appeared on Roger’s Oval Racing page forum recently:

http://www.ukovalracing.info/

3/1/14 The Wanderer went to Stoke .....”Good to see Stoke advertising World Qualifying and World Semi-Final meetings for the Brisca F1’s in 2014. Both dates are in the diary and I just hope that the promoter manages to organise some decent ‘facilities’ for both drivers and spectators!”

Never been to see Stock Cars but that BBC series on Brisca F1s raised my interest so determined to catch one or two of their meetings in 2014... Probably will try Northampton or KL rather than all the way to Loomer Rd. though!!

Stock cars are ok - but as it's not a team event, you don't really care who wins ! We make it interesting by picking a car each on the start line and the one who picks most winners wins a prize !

• Like 1

Never been to see Stock Cars but that BBC series on Brisca F1s raised my interest so determined to catch one or two of their meetings in 2014... Probably will try Northampton or KL rather than all the way to Loomer Rd. though!!

Total waste of time and money IMO, although I must admit that it does have a good following, and is usually quite a good money spinner forthose staging it.

I've been a few times at Wimbledon, and also seen a couple of meetings at Swaffham, but it seems so difficult understanding what positionsthe car are in. But as I say, that's just my opinion.

• Like 2

When you hear of problems at Stoke once super track

click on the link below from recent stocks meeting--Jesus ---no wonder!!!

http://www.startrax.info/cpg/index.php

Conversely, I remember a former rider saying that the track was at its best when stock cars were there as well!

The Stoke track needs a qualified track man. Nothing more.

• Like 2

Conversely, I remember a former rider saying that the track was at its best when stock cars were there as well!

yep and he needs some Weapons to work with---Not as if your far away from JCB!

Total waste of time and money IMO, although I must admit that it does have a good following, and is usually quite a good money spinner forthose staging it.

I've been a few times at Wimbledon, and also seen a couple of meetings at Swaffham, but it seems so difficult understanding what positionsthe car are in. But as I say, that's just my opinion.

Yes probably I'll agree - but I should really give it a go to see!!

...And a little more than a teaspoonful of shale!

• Like 1

And Rob Shuttleworth becomes the final member of the squad.

Anyone got any ideas on him?

Another motocross rider won rookie of the year in NJL and 3 equal in NJL Grand Prix series and nice guy

Edited by mac101

And Rob Shuttleworth becomes the final member of the squad.

Anyone got any ideas on him?

He guested for Buxton at Stoke last year and failed to score.

Just had a look at some of his MDL/NJL scores, and they were inconsistent, but considering he only took up speedway last year, that is to be expected. Encouraging that he has beaten some of the bigger guns in the MDL/NJL (I've seen race wins against Danny Phillips, Tommy Fenwick and a few others) so it will be interesting to see how he progresses. Hopefully having a strong reserve with him should help.

Where as I enjoyed it as a one off. Not sure I could watch it every week but a decent night out tbf.

Let me just clarify the above irrelevant and incomplete comment.

Rob Shuttleworth made his debut at Stoke for Buxton never having ridden in the National League before and with less than three months experience on a speedway bike riding at No. 2. He progressed from that point to be awarded the "Rookie of the Year Trophy" in the NJL and I think the bald statement above is most unfair to him especially as he rode at No.2.

I noticed before when you received an explanation about team selection from me after some misinformed statements that you never responded further. I think your aim in life is to offer implied and actual criticism of Stoke and this is another case in point.

Why not transfer your energy towards getting your own Club operating again?

Malcolm Vasey

• Like 1