British Speedway Forum
a4poster

When Will The New Race Format Be Out & How Can Teams Name Riders When They Don't Know It?

Correct, and in a lot of others eyes too - feel free to choose to ignore that.

If you believe that the PL is aptly named then you cannot argue that so is the EL.

In the real world neither live up to its billing.

It is clear from your posts that you are anti EL but are blind to see that the PL is not perfect.

We all get it, you are a PL snob - and are happy to slate EL snobs as well! Hypocrisy of the highest order.

Come on now blupanther, you cannot stop some wasting their time and energy to all probably be miles off what the format WILL be!

Whatever happened to "attack the Post - not the Poster". At least I don't sink to name calling. :)

Ooops - apart from the so called 'Elite' League of course. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Whatever happened to "attack the Post - not the Poster". At least I don't sink to name calling. :)

Ooops - apart from the so called 'Elite' League of course. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Says the person that labels some EL supporters as `EL snobs`.

Still nothing `premier` about the PL by your own opinion.

You mistake `attack` by pointing out your obvious hypocrisy.

You cant attack the indefensible. But we know you will still attack all things `Elite`.

Says the person that labels some EL supporters as `EL snobs`.

Still nothing `premier` about the PL by your own opinion.

You mistake `attack` by pointing out your obvious hypocrisy.

You cant attack the indefensible. But we know you will still attack all things `Elite`.

How can a League fielding TWO National League Riders be 'Elite' - really steve, you are grasping at straws. :rolleyes:

I agree the 'Premier' is a bit unfortunate as a name - but - at least we will have well balanced Teams in our League. :t::approve:

I am amazed that 'Elite' League Supporters are not up in arms about this further devaluation of their League. However that's not my problem.

'Elite' - don't make me laugh. :rofl: :rofl:

How can a League fielding TWO National League Riders be 'Elite' - really steve, you are grasping at straws. :rolleyes:

I agree the 'Premier' is a bit unfortunate as a name - but - at least we will have well balanced Teams in our League. :t::approve:

I am amazed that 'Elite' League Supporters are not up in arms about this further devaluation of their League. However that's not my problem.

'Elite' - don't make me laugh. :rofl: :rofl:

I have already stated that both leagues are inappropriately named.

The EL has fallen well down the order for priorities for top riders, but at least we still have some of the best in our league- including our World Champion. I cant be much happier than that.

As i have stated before i would rather have promising BRITISH kids taking up the EL berths than the likes of the Drymls milking our league in a position they shouldn't be in.

Obviously i would like ALL the top guys here, but that isn't going to happen - no matter how we get our league right.

However you seem to take great delight in kicking the EL at every opportunity which quite frankly i find a little sad and instead defend a league (inappropriately named) that has no plan to bring on the next generation of top British riders, There is everything wrong with that in my opinion.

As Speedway fans and clubs we should all be pulling in the same direction to help us bring on our next generation of British stars.

So the PL promotions are as guilty and lack luster as the EL ones, that is nothing to be proud of.

We get it, you feel the PL is a better product. I most certainly do not.

However please feel free to continue to kick everything EL and defend a league that is , in reality, no better. By continually praising the PL and knocking the EL makes you the very thing you claim to not like - League snobbery. Its your call but please don't accuse others of something that you are doing yourself!

Sometimes saying as it is to some makes them feel `attacked` - IT ISN'T.

I have already stated that both leagues are inappropriately named.

The EL has fallen well down the order for priorities for top riders, but at least we still have some of the best in our league- including our World Champion. I cant be much happier than that.

As i have stated before i would rather have promising BRITISH kids taking up the EL berths than the likes of the Drymls milking our league in a position they shouldn't be in.

Obviously i would like ALL the top guys here, but that isn't going to happen - no matter how we get our league right.

However you seem to take great delight in kicking the EL at every opportunity which quite frankly i find a little sad and instead defend a league (inappropriately named) that has no plan to bring on the next generation of top British riders, There is everything wrong with that in my opinion.

As Speedway fans and clubs we should all be pulling in the same direction to help us bring on our next generation of British stars.

So the PL promotions are as guilty and lack luster as the EL ones, that is nothing to be proud of.

We get it, you feel the PL is a better product. I most certainly do not.

However please feel free to continue to kick everything EL and defend a league that is , in reality, no better. By continually praising the PL and knocking the EL makes you the very thing you claim to not like - League snobbery. Its your call but please don't accuse others of something that you are doing yourself!

Sometimes saying as it is to some makes them feel `attacked` - IT ISN'T.

I actually agree with parts of this Post. The highlighted parts. :t:

At least I can admit when you have a point steve.

• Like 1

Come now, Nobody forces you to partake in any debate, you do so at your own accord.

How you can rubbish this important issue is beyond me. Considering some of the rubbish thread on here, that you and others, are more than happy to partake, this issue is paramount to our sport.

What a pity, the 3 options wasn't deemed important enough to post them on one of the media networks, so the supporters could air their concerns as well.........

Oh yeah, like that would get a real consensus???!!!! :D

Incidentally where have I rubbished this important issue of race format? It'll be just as important at the end of the month as it might be for some today!

Edited by Skidder1

So the Wolverhampton v Birmingham EL match on the 24th March 2014 we will have first hand experience of the new race heat format or not has the case might be.

So the Wolverhampton v Birmingham EL match on the 24th March 2014 we will have first hand experience of the new race heat format or not has the case might be.

Only if they have sorted it out by then :D

All that matters in the EL v PL debate is..

1: The Elite League IS the Elite League, it is the highest level of competition in the UK. An Elite League team would beat a Premier League team with ease, even now. It is named correctly.

2: The Premier League is NOT the Premier League so is named incorrectly.

3: The costs for running an EL meeting have always been far higher than the Premier League, yet the admission prices are only £1 or £2 more. Premier League fans, you're getting ripped off :)

Quality of racing, that's another argument.

• Like 2

Not that it is important to me, but seemingly so for you, i have `liked` some of your posts in the past and recent times.

Anyway, this is just going round in circles. You are a fan of all things PL and you cant understand why some EL supporters support a `weakened` league. If you have a little bit of respect for EL posters who are proud of the talent we get to watch on a weekly basis you might not get such a negative response in future - just a thought!

• Like 2

What has previously happened with the BSPA conference is that they agree a new rule will be implemented, without actually agreeing the details, and then action somebody (or bodies) to formulate it afterwards ... that's why there are always disagreements and different interpretations.

What I wan't to know is this. If a No.4 or 5 in the averages meets the British reserves more times than the heat leaders then their average will shoot up. What then is to stop them being replaced by the likes of Larsen or Sundstrom?

• Like 1

What I wan't to know is this. If a No.4 or 5 in the averages meets the British reserves more times than the heat leaders then their average will shoot up. What then is to stop them being replaced by the likes of Larsen or Sundstrom?

A point that has already been raised multiple times on the thread. One way to stop this would be to use the official 2013 greensheets for any team redeclarations.

I have seen the statement saying there will be two reserve races, but where does this reserves only riding against second strings come from?

Agree with the comments that a second reserve race should be earlier that heat 14.

That was tried before with the 8 man teams era and it was not successful.

I think it needs to be before heat 8 .

Can anyone shed any light on the above underlined statement by naffer. I to have looked at the BSPA AGM statement and cannot find anywhere it suggests reserves will only ride against second strings.

So who started this rumour?

Not that it is important to me, but seemingly so for you, i have `liked` some of your posts in the past and recent times.

Anyway, this is just going round in circles. You are a fan of all things PL and you cant understand why some EL supporters support a `weakened` league. If you have a little bit of respect for EL posters who are proud of the talent we get to watch on a weekly basis you might not get such a negative response in future - just a thought!

I have 'Liked' a number of your Posts too steve - including this one.

My reason - because I respect ALL Speedway Supporters of whatever Club or League and if I have given the impression that I don't - then I apologise.

It is the word 'Elite' that gets to me - I previously admitted that the word 'Premier' was unfortunate too.

Why oh why can we not get back to British League Division One (Elite) and British League Division Two (Premier) - I would be more than happy with that.

We should get rid of those two misnomers immediately.