British Speedway Forum
Gavan

Early Predictions

To be fair shovlar did say he wouldn't be top gp rider. Magic at the moment is to inconsistent around the world. Fine in Poland not so good in England

I remember some saying Tai was a good rider but will never be World Champion. It don't stop people posting stuff like its a fact, thank god it isn't.

Time will tell if Proctor continues like he did last season. Plus in view the amount of comments on thread that think Proctor will be the most improved rider this year you would think that some posters would take notice of others saying the same thing.

Perhaps in some Worlds they only read what suits them.

Shame we don't see any of the so called `GP standard` form in the EL.

He certainly is one of the next big things in Poland, no dispute.

What Proctor may or may not do is very speculative, not assumptive.

I don't remember anyone from Poole claiming Magic was the next gp star, he was a good signing for us as he improved his average by nearly a point and didn't go missing in the play offs.

Proctor will improve his average and will be a vital cog in the Wolves team, as for Tai his improvement was amazing but i do know someone who had a small bet on him winning the title not everyone was surprised.

As I said, once teams are almost complete I'll make another prediction.

Top 4:

Kings Lynn

Coventry

Poole

Belle Vue

Middle:

Wolves

Lakeside

Eastbourne

Bottom:

Leicester

Swindon

Birmingham

My prediction now teams are complete and looking at rider availability

1. King's Lynn

2. Poole

3. Belle Vue

4. Eastbourne (due to lot of teams being depleted when visiting looking at fixtures/dodgy grading)

5. Coventry

6. Swindon

7. Lakeside

8. Wolverhampton

9. Leicester

10.Birmingham (very weak)

Edited by mdmc82

My prediction now teams are complete and looking at rider availability

1. King's Lynn

2. Poole

3. Belle Vue

4. Eastbourne (due to lot of teams being depleted when visiting looking at fixtures/dodgy grading)

5. Coventry

6. Swindon

7. Lakeside

8. Wolverhampton

9. Leicester

10.Birmingham (very weak)

Teams aren't complete. Birmingham still have a rider to announce - so do Leicester.

Teams aren't complete. Birmingham still have a rider to announce - so do Leicester.

yes but birmingham have main body of team with only a 5pt rider left to sign

yes but birmingham have main body of team with only a 5pt rider left to sign

So that final position doesnt count??

You never know, they might pull Andreas Jonsson out the bag re-assessed on a 5 - just saying!

So that final position doesnt count??

You never know, they might pull Andreas Jonsson out the bag re-assessed on a 5 - just saying!

one rider still wouldn't make a team, think riders already signed are not as strong as other line ups. x

• Like 1

Better than most 3rd heat leaders yes.

Disagree if you want, ignore his form of 8.76 from last year if you want.

Of course we will be bottom as so many are saying so, we all know how many got that right last season as well !! :rofl:

Tbh, if format is as expected, I could see him averaging around 5 as a third heat leader, and around eight if he drops to a second string. He's likely to be spend more time as a heat leader, so could see him averaging around 6 this year.

I actually think wolves have a decent team, top six but maybe not top 4. Like most id say kl, poole, bv and coventry look the strongest play off candidates.

• Like 1

Half the Poole team not to ride at Eastie, Lakeside, Belle Vue & Leicester

Same with Cov, we go to Eastbourne missing Harris, Garrity and Howarth

Coventry

Poole

Swindon

Kings Lynn / Wolves

Much depends on the new race format and some seem to think top heavy teams like Kings Lynn and Poole may benefit more, however I think the teams that could be stronger are those that have second strings that will beat heat leaders and I can't see Porsing/Lambert beating riders like Nicholls, Harris, Batchelor etc.

However teams like Birmingham, Coventry, Leicester, Ea.stbourne and Wolves have second strings that can beat heat leaders but at the same time they will need riders like King/Barker, Harris/Hansen, Doyle/Hougaard, Kylmakorpi/Woodward and Pawlicki/Proctor to score in tough races and these will be against heat leaders

At the moment I think Poole possibly look to have the right balance with three heat leaders that can score well and two second strings that will pick up decent points. At reserve I think there are stronger pairings, but in many teams having one good reserve will see him out five times and the other reserve just three.

It really looks quite open really and while I don't approve fully of the new reserve ruling, I do find myself thinking the league is wide open this season and am looking forward to who does actually lead the table.

• Like 1