British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Peterborough Panthers 2014

In theory Hall should have been a reasonable signing - circa 6 point average and likely to score much better at home, so cutting the risk of home defeats.

It just hasn't worked out that way, but no-one would have predicted how bad he has become.

Dilger for Jacobs was always a dubious call though I've never been a fan of either of them.

Should have brought Greenwood back when he was fit.

The Fish should certainly be brought back next season, especially on his current average.

And Blackbird too.

Unlike most, I would also like to see Dryml back - just love his style!!

• Like 1

Just sack hall and go with 6 riders, can't actually do any worse.

good thinking....

erm..... seeing as how we pluck our team manager from the stands these days, do you fancy the job?

That can't do any worse either!

seeing as how we pluck our team manager from the stands these days, do you fancy the job?

we used to pluck our promoters from the stands a few years back! ;)

Edited by Flyin Panther

good thinking....

erm..... seeing as how we pluck our team manager from the stands these days, do you fancy the job?

Loved too!

I'd love to be proved wrong tonight, but doubt that will happen.

In theory Hall should have been a reasonable signing - circa 6 point average and likely to score much better at home, so cutting the risk of home defeats.

It just hasn't worked out that way, but no-one would have predicted how bad he has become.

Dilger for Jacobs was always a dubious call though I've never been a fan of either of them.

Should have brought Greenwood back when he was fit.

The Fish should certainly be brought back next season, especially on his current average.

And Blackbird too.

Unlike most, I would also like to see Dryml back - just love his style!!

Sorry Scotsman have to disagree with some of that - from the moment Hall was announced (in fact before in my case) there were many on forums and facebook who did not approve or want him in the team. I think it was predictable given the posts I read during the close season on Sheffield threads not wanting him there (must be reasons) and his form although short-lived before his handbags incident earlier this year. 2006 is a long time ago and 8 years on with little progress should have been sufficient warning.

Jacobs yes I would have kept or if possible and they could foresee fixture clashes ahead Greenwood once fit should have been brought back in.

Blackbird yes 1st name on the sheet next season and I think Ulrich deserves a place to - I don't believe Lasse will be back (wolves bound I should imagine) and Ales definitely will not as he is retiring from UK speedway at the end of this season. Fisher at No. 1 in the PL I expected to clean up at the Showground but that didnt happen although as you say he is now on a more attractive average so yes. Adam Roynon has done fairly well too after coming back yet again from injury (must admit I was doubtful when he was announced but he has surprised me) and I would like to see him get a chance from the beginning of a new season as he has looked very useful at the showground.

Edited by maneacat
  • Like 1

Fisher is on a downward trend now no longer consistent enough to be a PL no 1 Bjerre needs to be kept been by far the most improved along with Blackbird , sorry but Roynon has been mostly poor away from home , Barrett the opposite hes been poor at home Hall its goodbye thanks for the 06 memories

I would include Poole-Bjerre-Proctor-Ulrich-Blackbird or try to pinch Lewis Kerr and another reserve with what's left hopefully

Edited by scoobydoo

I don't dispute that Hall isn't as good as he was 8 years ago.

My point is that he was averaging virtually 7 last season, albeit including bonus, and over 7 the year before.

Even at the start of this season his average prior to the ban was just under 7.

So, given he was coming to a track he had shown he could ride, the risk shouldn't have been that great.

The fact that he is averaging under 3 for Peterborough is shocking.

He's not someone I would have ever chosen to have in my team, but you can kinda see where the management were coming from in trying to stiffen up their home record.

Peterborough looked a poor team at Ipswich last night carrying 4 riders!

Hall looks like he's over the hill in speedway, Roynon looks like his injuries have caught up with him and the two foriegn reserves shouldn't be riding in the PL!

Hope Peterborough can return next season on the much better Friday night raceday and a team worthy of the great venue!

Edited by 25yearfan

Dilger was pants during his 2 spells with the Monarchs. No better during his 2 seasons with the Bears.

Far better options in the UK.

Why do Promoters continue to go with useless foreign options, crazy.

• Like 2

Peterborough looked a poor team at Ipswich last night carrying 4 riders!

Hall looks like he's over the hill in speedway, Roynon looks like his injuries have caught up with him and the two foriegn reserves shouldn't be riding in the PL!

Hope Peterborough can return next season on the much better Friday night raceday and a team worthy of the great venue!

To be fair, Roynon has been very good at the Showground. The guy just needs an injury free spell imo...

• Like 3

I would include Poole-Bjerre-Proctor-Ulrich-Blackbird or try to pinch Lewis Kerr and another reserve with what's left hopefully

Allen, Blackbird, Hawkins, Howe, Jacobs, Oliver Greenwood and Ulrich captain. Not sure if averages fit but should be ok if we get Matt Ford to submit!

Allen, Blackbird, Hawkins, Howe, Jacobs, Oliver Greenwood and Ulrich captain. Not sure if averages fit but should be ok if we get Matt Ford to submit!

panthers have been cack at reserve all season so why go back to Jacobs and greenwood ??? as for Ulrich not convinced by him, gonna be 8pt rider by end of season and been given the easy no4 position

This is now in my time the worst panthers team ever. Please do something about it guys..it's embarrassing.

Hall quit from immediate effect, thank the lord. Guests or R/R for rest of season.

• Like 2