British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Peterborough Panthers 2014

So pleased to see that we have racing at the Showground. Looking forward to being in the PL and hopefully meeting new speedway fans on my visits to other tracks.

you would think it would be re drawn, but then again its speedway so that would be too must like common sense, so they will probably miss out!

The other way would have been not to make the draw until it was decided if Peterborough were going to run in the PL, or not. A few weeks delay wouldn't have made much difference.

Once a draw has been made, you can't really go back on it.

Edited by The Abbott

So pleased to see that we have racing at the Showground. Looking forward to being in the PL and hopefully meeting new speedway fans on my visits to other tracks.

i'm looking forward going to new tracks , best hope they speak better English than arsonfire need a bloody interpreter to understand him :rofl:

Edited by hans fan
  • Like 1

The other way would have been not to make the draw until it was decided if Peterborough were going to run in the PL, or not. A few weeks delay wouldn't have made much difference.

Once a draw has been made, you can't really go back on it.

Toatally agree that you cant just do the whole draw again.

One of the clubs that did have a bye in the first round could step up though.

• Like 1

Hans fan

I don't know, the varied use of the word ' they' as in 'they speak better English they arsonfire' can be difficult to understand . :rofl:

That said where I live is spelt 'Duston', but all the locals(including the one I married) live in a place called Duson. And don't get me started on the name of the river spelt 'NENE' but pronounced 'NEN' by the locals .

Tel (Born and bred in Shakespeare's county)

Edited by TAST

Hans fan

I don't know, the varied use of the word ' they' as in 'they speak better English they arsonfire' can be difficult to understand . :rofl:

That said where I live is spelt 'Duston', but all the locals(including the one I married) live in a place called Duson. And don't get me started on the name of the river spelt 'NENE' but pronounced 'NEN' by the locals .

Tel (Born and bed in Shakespeare's county)

*Bred ;)

Diamonds

Wife typed that bit !!! :cry:

Locals!!

Sorted it!! :party:

• Like 1

Ignoring the daft 'my league is better than yours' comments this is excellent news, really pleased for everybody involved and I look forward to popping over to the EoES next season for some PL action.

• Like 1

Ignoring the daft 'my league is better than yours' comments this is excellent news, really pleased for everybody involved and I look forward to popping over to the EoES next season for some PL action.

now panthers are confirmed as running i'll be making some trips to the birdcage just to boo and hiss big bjerre ,like a lot off lynn fans did when he rode for panthers :o:t:

I am sure Mr Fisher will be getting his fair share of 'boo's and 'hisses' at many PL tracks next year Hans fan....

Welcome Peterborough to the Premier League, a welcomed addition to the League.

• Like 1

Diamonds

Just added Newcastle to the list of tracks I want to go to next year (subject to fixture list) to be negotiated with she who must be given the impression she is obeyed.

Now, the last (and only time ) I visited Newcastle Speedway was in the early '80 between wives!! and before kids!! Those days I followed Birmingham Speedway.

I drove from Northampton via Birmingham to Newcastle and back to Northampton via Birmingham after the match - getting home just in time to go to work the next day. After taking current wife to Glasgow Speedway and back on the same day (following Peterborough) - I no longer get away with those sorts of trips.

So I can add a sweetener to the negotiations what are the decent places to stay and eat in Newcastle? Other half likes comfort and we both have a preference for good Chinese or Japanese.

As next year's a very hectic year - something to do with the current wife remaining in place for 25 years - apparently I get some sort of silver award.

Tel (this has been proof read and approved by she who must be consulted so don't blame me for typo's)

• Like 1