British Speedway Forum
NeilWatson

Peterborough Panthers 2014

i'm looking forward going to new tracks , best hope they speak better English than arsonfire need a bloody interpreter to understand him :rofl:

Wait until you get to Glasgow & Berwick

Diamonds

Just added Newcastle to the list of tracks I want to go to next year (subject to fixture list) to be negotiated with she who must be given the impression she is obeyed.

Now, the last (and only time ) I visited Newcastle Speedway was in the early '80 between wives!! and before kids!! Those days I followed Birmingham Speedway.

I drove from Northampton via Birmingham to Newcastle and back to Northampton via Birmingham after the match - getting home just in time to go to work the next day. After taking current wife to Glasgow Speedway and back on the same day (following Peterborough) - I no longer get away with those sorts of trips.

So I can add a sweetener to the negotiations what are the decent places to stay and eat in Newcastle? Other half likes comfort and we both have a preference for good Chinese or Japanese.

As next year's a very hectic year - something to do with the current wife remaining in place for 25 years - apparently I get some sort of silver award.

Tel (this has been proof read and approved by she who must be consulted so don't blame me for typo's)

Glad to see that you want to come to geordieland, good track, good racing, good supporters and good chips

I'm sorry but i don't actually live in Newcastle itself :neutral: . The only time i really visit Newcastle is for the speedway :D

What i would recomend is posting this on the newcastle 2014 thread where actual grordies can give you some advice.

Although if you like expense i would recomend the hilton hotel which overlooks the river (filled with trollies and god knows what else :P )

Sorry for not being much help but there you go. :sad:

Also congrats on 25 years :drink:

Diamonds

Ta! from memory had a great time at Newcastle - reason we were so late back was the time we spent in the bar after the match. next time I's like to be able to drink alcohol!!

Doubt the Hilton is anywhere near as expensive as the amount it cost us to stay at the Hilton(might have changed hands now) in Cardiff !!

Thanks re the 25th - Got a table booked at a restaurant in New York - next May - taking the wife and the kids :t:

all the best

Terry

Edited by TAST

Diamonds

Ta! from memory had a great time at Newcastle - reason we were so late back was the time we spent in the bar after the match. \next time I's like to be able to drink alcohol!!

Doubt the Hilton is anywhere near as expensive as the amount it cost us to stay at the Hilton(might have changed hands now) in Cardiff !!

Thanks re the 25th - Got a table booked at a restaurant in New York - next May - taking the wife and the kids :t:

all the best

Terry

Lincolnshire's nice in May I believe Terry!

• Like 1

Shadders

Took the current wife to Glasgow and Berwick (some time in the last 25 years)!!

Berwick no issue understood them far better than the mobs from Wiltshire and Dorset!! :D

Glasgow - that was a totally different experience - very intimidating - rapidly came to the conclusion we were the only English people in the stadium, and if anyone around us discovered we were English, that we would not be in the stadium for very long. The quietist the other half has ever been!! Now come to think about it....

Yet, been to at least 2 Edinburgh tracks and had a great time at both!! Edinburgh do have a half decent castle and a military tattoo - just too many tourists.

Tel (sent without supervision by she who is currently out!!)

Edited by TAST
  • Like 1

Tast, there is a Travellodge just North of the Tyne tunnel at the junction of the A19 and the A1058 Coast Road. It used to be a Menzies Hotel and is quite good. 2 minutes to a great chinese buffet on the Coast road and about 3 miles from track. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Diamond ernie

Thanks - I'm sure Elaine gets TravelLodge mailshots on deals etc. - I will mention it to her.

Thanks

Terry

Diamonds

Ta! from memory had a great time at Newcastle - reason we were so late back was the time we spent in the bar after the match. next time I's like to be able to drink alcohol!!

all the best

Terry

Terry.

You could get a decent Travelodge

1 - on the Coast Road(straight dash afterwards through the Tyne Tunnel to thesouth),

2 - One of two Travelodges on the Quayside and therefore within walking distance of the Quayside and the TOON. Some excellent Chinese restaurants in TOON.

NB Just noticed 'wor ernie' has beat me to it.

Diamond ernie

Thanks - I'm sure Elaine gets TravelLodge mailshots on deals etc. - I will mention it to her.

Thanks

Terry

Never mind Elaine, what aboot your lass.

Neill

Now! Now! only thing I know about Lincolnshire is that it allegedly produces sausages :D

Point of etiquette - No need to mention anything I allegedly say on here to Elaine when you next see her - will only result in me suffering pain and discomfort!! [That goes for you lot in Block D at the EOS as well]

Question for you from Alex - she wants to know if there is any chance of an Ice Cream van at the EOS next season (like at Coventry) - she thinks it would keep the mob at the back of the stand and Mark Plummer happy!!

Not so sure that is her motivation!!

all the best

Terry (back under supervision)

We are back :rofl:

how about

Ryan Fisher

Lesse Bjerre

Dak North

Ulrich Ostergaard

Lewis Blachbird

Andrea Compton

Robert Lambert/ A N Other at 3 points - although kings lynn should really help us here as they have big bjerre and NKI

We are back :rofl:

how about

Ryan Fisher

Lesse Bjerre

Dak North

Ulrich Ostergaard

Lewis Blachbird

Andrea Compton

Robert Lambert/ A N Other at 3 points - although kings lynn should really help us here as they have big bjerre and NKI

Interesting. :shock::D

Panthers have just been on local news (tv) and they have mentioned race night TUES...

Pants :cry:

The 1 night a week i will find hard to do.

Will have to come up with some good reason to be off work

Really looking forward to a new season and some good matches with the witches