British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
phillipsr

Was Tai The Quickest World Champion?

besides, how many heats did Tai ride in to secure the title..at least 5 heats per GP (barring injury) + additional semis/finals....

Did anyone win the title having been seeded to the world final? if not, i'd guess someone has ridden just 10 heats including one qualifier. If so they could be regarded as the quickest world champion...depends how you look at it... .

Edited by Mike.Butler

besides, how many heats did Tai ride in to secure the title..at least 5 heats per GP (barring injury) + additional semis/finals....

Did anyone win the title having been seeded to the world final? if not, i'd guess someone has ridden just 10 heats including one qualifier. If so they could be regarded as the quickest world champion...depends how you look at it... .

An odd question. Nobody has ever been seeded to a recognised World Final. All starters take part through qualification.

Just wondered if anyone has become world champion quicker than in there 2nd season of GP racing? I know Holder did it in his 3rd season and think Darcy will match it next year but wondered of anyone has become champion quicker?

Yes, the winner of the GP in 1995. Hans Nielsen of Denmark. Or in the old style world championship Lionel Van Praag of Australia in 1936. This fact just does not seem to get through despite repetitions of the fact previously.

An odd question. Nobody has ever been seeded to a recognised World Final. All starters take part through qualification.

Yes, the winner of the GP in 1995. Hans Nielsen of Denmark. Or in the old style world championship Lionel Van Praag of Australia in 1936. This fact just does not seem to get through despite repetitions of the fact previously.

Nobody was ever seeded to a world final!!!

You might want to do a little research.

How did Peter Craven qualify in 1956 ? answer, he didn't, he was seeded

What about Briggo in 1958 and 1959 or Ronnie Moore in 1960.

The Poles had 6 seeded riders in 1970

They had 5 in 1973

They had 3 in 1979 (Zenon Plech, Edward Jancarz & Robert Slabon)

What about Jan Andersson in 1980

Or Henny Kroeze in 1987

Is that enough for now

Edited by Oldace

Billy Hamill was World Champion after his 11th GP. Considering Hans did 14 World finals ahead I declare my Team USA boss the winner!

Just wondered if anyone has become world champion quicker than in there 2nd season of GP racing? I know Holder did it in his 3rd season and think Darcy will match it next year but wondered of anyone has become champion quicker?

Hans Nielsen won it in his first year of GP racing... The first one

Then that's the genuine answer - Hans Nielsen so far as the GPs are concerned. You cannot win a time more quickly than in the first season it is staged. It's a rather odd question to be asked but we still get people who tend to think otherwise.
The same applies to the old-style official world championship in 1936 - Lionel Van Praag (Australia).
I keep pushing these facts out but they just seem to be ignored.
Edited by Guest

Thats because your boring. Its fairly obvious i meant apart from the 1st season of GPs even with my limited intelligence i managed to work out that would be the quickest. Honestly there are some oxygen thiefs on here

I think everyone bar John understood your question perfectly. In the duplicated thread I answered it for you, copied below

Freddie Williams won at his first attempt. So did Havvy. Penhall won his second world final (and third) So did Peter Craven, Ole Olsen, Jack Young,

Jerzy Szczakiel,

So no Tai hasnt broken any records, he hasnt even equalled any

Of course John then followed with this gem

Nobody was ever seeded to a world final!!!

You might want to do a little research.

How did Peter Craven qualify in 1956 ? answer, he didn't, he was seeded

What about Briggo in 1958 and 1959 or Ronnie Moore in 1960.

The Poles had 6 seeded riders in 1970

They had 5 in 1973

They had 3 in 1979 (Zenon Plech, Edward Jancarz & Robert Slabon)

What about Jan Andersson in 1980

Or Henny Kroeze in 1987

Is that enough for now

Edited by Oldace
  • Like 2

Deleted

Edited by grachan

What about Jack Young or Ronnie Moore as candidates?How many years of profi speedway had they done beofre winning a world title?I'd guess most of the others mentioned had done a fair few,although i am not sure about Freddie Williams

You are all right and I was wrong. My error gave you all something to excited about though! We do have fun on the BSF.