British Speedway Forum
PTDragons

Speedway In Wales

Why the hell do the mods allow post about "Slough Speedway" to be posted? it has a thread in the General Section that frankly shouldn't be there and if thats not bad enough we have to put up with pointless, inane comment about "Slough Speedway" on other threads. It wasn't funny in the first place it's now just annoying.

And to think we had to stop talking about betting on the meeting threads as it was upsetting people, it was totally relevant to the meeting, more so that fake speedway teams.

Oi!

The original Slough thread was actually quite funny, though did become tedious after a while.

Years ago someone started a thread as to whether there was any speedway in Slough and would it be on SKY. It was simply a p1ss take response to the countless brain dead questions as to whether SKY were showing matches and a particular poster giving the forum his location for a given evening as Slough and wanting to know where he could find some local speedway.

It was very funny for a week or so but one or two carried it on ad infinitum well past the point of funny and into merely annoying.

Now one of the forums less intelligent posters has made reference to it in a totally unrelated thread meaning if you hadn't seen the original you would (as you did) wonder what the hell he was wittering on about.

I was the first person to mention Slough on this thread (post #10) in what i thought to be a satirical response to the nonsense posted in the previous 9 posts. The follow on comments by other posters were i'm quite sure meant to be satirical or tongue in cheek. All obviously above your head.

Why the hell do the mods allow post about "Slough Speedway" to be posted? it has a thread in the General Section that frankly shouldn't be there and if thats not bad enough we have to put up with pointless, inane comment about "Slough Speedway" on other threads. It wasn't funny in the first place it's now just annoying.

And to think we had to stop talking about betting on the meeting threads as it was upsetting people, it was totally relevant to the meeting, more so that fake speedway teams.

Getting to you is it? :mad:

Well you know where you can go to, don't you. You guessed it............Slough. :wink:

Edited by pugwash

I was the first person to mention Slough on this thread (post #10) in what i thought to be a satirical response to the nonsense posted in the previous 9 posts. The follow on comments by other posters were i'm quite sure meant to be satirical or tongue in cheek. All obviously above your head.

Apologies, a case of mistaken identity, though it was the Ray one who dragged it up

Getting to you is it? :mad:

Well you know where you can go to, don't you. You guessed it............Slough. :wink:

Are SCB and Oldace father and son do we know? If so, son of Oldace could be around for many years!

Apologies, a case of mistaken identity, though it was the Ray one who dragged it up

So is the apology to me or to Pugwash? Pugwash mentioned Slough before me. And mine, regarding the Slough Rangers cycle speedway team, is factual! And who knows, they may have hosted a Wales v England tournament! For your benefit Oldace.....Slough, Slough, Slough Slough!!!

Are SCB and Oldace father and son do we know? If so, son of Oldace could be around for many years!

I was around Newport a few times mid eighties and the kid does have attitude, who knows!!!!

I was around Newport a few times mid eighties and the kid does have attitude, who knows!!!!

:o

No probs. the Slough thing does sometimes seem a bit dated, a bit like an Arthur Askey gag.

EDIT. Just 'googled' him to make sure that he doesn't have any Slough connections.

Edited by pugwash

So is the apology to me or to Pugwash? Pugwash mentioned Slough before me. And mine, regarding the Slough Rangers cycle speedway team, is factual! And who knows, they may have hosted a Wales v England tournament! For your benefit Oldace.....Slough, Slough, Slough Slough!!!

All very confusing now.

To clear it up it was you who I think has sh!t for brains.

Are we clear now.

And Gustix will be pulling his hair out now with no mention of speedway in Wales in the last few posts

All very confusing now.

Are we clear now.

And Gustix will be pulling his hair out now with no mention of speedway in Wales in the last few posts

Well I may have sh!t for brains, but I wear my Slough Speedway enamel badge with the 2012,2013 and soon to be 2014 year bars with pride! :approve:

No probs. the Slough thing does sometimes seem a bit dated, a bit like an Arthur Askey gag.

EDIT. Just 'googled' him to make sure that he doesn't have any Slough connections.

Hmmm, starting to wonder about you too Pugwash, where was Oldace when you were conceived? :unsure:

Edited by Ray Stadia
  • Like 2

All very confusing now.

Are we clear now.

I know I should but this made me LOL

I would have thought Cardiff and Swansea are the only Welsh cities that might support speedway, given the fate of Newport. For all his critics Tim Stone built a decent stadium and track shape but after three years it never got the crowds.

Isn't there an old athletics stadium on the way into Cardiff City Centre? That might have been Cardiff's fourth venue pre-WW2 SCB?

Isn't there an old athletics stadium on the way into Cardiff City Centre? That might have been Cardiff's fourth venue pre-WW2 SCB?

The athletics stadium (and its' precursor) have not been around long enough to have hosted speedway without me noticing. I've found mention of motorcycle racing at the old Ely racecourse. It has to have been between '53 and the late 60s I reckon

Apparently Cardiff has hosted speedway at 4 stadiums, the Millenium Stadium is the 3rd but I can find no reference to a 4th, anyone got any ideas?

The 4th listing in "Homes of British Speedway" is a demonstration race by Mads Korneliussen and Tony Atkin at the Wales National Ice Rink in 2004, presumably a tryout for a possible Thomas/Drury promotion.

They also have Cardiff Arms Park listed in the grass speedways appendix for 1928.

The athletics stadium (and its' precursor) have not been around long enough to have hosted speedway without me noticing. I've found mention of motorcycle racing at the old Ely racecourse. It has to have been between '53 and the late 60s I reckon

HoBS list an Ely Grass Speedway in 1948.

The 4th listing in "Homes of British Speedway" is a demonstration race by Mads Korneliussen and Tony Atkin at the Wales National Ice Rink in 2004, presumably a tryout for a possible Thomas/Drury promotion.

They also have Cardiff Arms Park listed in the grass speedways appendix for 1928.

HoBS list an Ely Grass Speedway in 1948.

The Mads K/Tony Atkin thing was a bit of promotion that backfired. Mads and Tony went to demonstrate speedway during the interval and ripped up the rink causing uproar! Certianly not a "home" of any sort of speedway though.