British Speedway Forum

What a load of cobblers. What is wrong with 1-15.

What a load of cobblers. What is wrong with 1-15.

I IMAGINE the reason why the riders feel so strongly about it concerns personal merchandise...

I IMAGINE the reason why the riders feel so strongly about it concerns personal merchandise...

But are Speedway Riders really that thick?

Do they really think that the reason they are not making any money at all from personal merchandise is down to having the wrong number?

If you look at the examples online of the lamentable type of merchandise being offered by them it is pretty obvious that getting their preferred number will not change the bottom line.

Poor choice, poor design and ridiculous high pricing policies all need to have attention paid rather than bleating about numbers.

Just look at the awful 2014 cap being offered by Greg Hancock for just under £20.

http://www.shop.greghancock.org/viewcategory.php?groupid=2

I mean ... who in their right mind would want that monstrosity on their head?

• Like 1

But are Speedway Riders really that thick?

Do they really think that the reason they are not making any money at all from personal merchandise is down to having the wrong number?

If you look at the examples online of the lamentable type of merchandise being offered by them it is pretty obvious that getting their preferred number will not change the bottom line.

Poor choice, poor design and ridiculous high pricing policies all need to have attention paid rather than bleating about numbers.

Just look at the awful 2014 cap being offered by Greg Hancock for just under £20.

http://www.shop.greghancock.org/viewcategory.php?groupid=2

I mean ... who in their right mind would want that monstrosity on their head?

I suppose if someone gave me one I would have to grin and bear it !
  • Like 1

Nicki Pedersen is the Dick Dastardly of the SGP Series. He should be made to wear "00"

Like you say,look at other sports.It might work for F1,although i just know Schumacher or Vettel and have no idea which number they have on their cars.But speedway isn't "other sports" and doesn't operate like "other sports" ...

F1, MotoGP, WRC, NASCAR, etc etc are all pretty well run, make loads of money and attract HUGE crowds, are given massive TV coverage and attracts huge interest,.. but as you say speedway doesn't operate like that.

Individual rider merchandise is pretty hard to come by actually.

Fair enough. If the riders can increase an income package then good luck to them. I happen to think having last seasons 1-8 numbered as such for the following season is clear for the viewing public. You can easily see who have progressed and regressed in the ladder.

Will any rider pick 555 and contact the makers of State Express for sponsorship, as in some countries they cannot advertise cigarettes.

Individual rider merchandise is pretty hard to come by actually.

Nicki has his own little stall at Holsted.We also get a guy from Poland coming to Germany and Denmark(Holsted at least) on occasions.But like someone else has said,it isn't that good and very over priced,imo.Having a special number on anything isn't going to make me buy anything.Having a reasonable price and marketable design probably would

Nicki has his own little stall at Holsted.We also get a guy from Poland coming to Germany and Denmark(Holsted at least) on occasions.But like someone else has said,it isn't that good and very over priced,imo.Having a special number on anything isn't going to make me buy anything.Having a reasonable price and marketable design probably would

I can get Nicki stuff easy enough off some geezer called Paul who plays tennis with him. ;)

TBH most speedway merchandise is tacky rubbish that I wouldn't be seen dead in.

But by the addition of a number plucked out of the air that tacky gear will be magically changed into the gear evyrone will want to be seen in lol