British Speedway Forum
hagonshocker

Rosco Team Gb Boss

Wow yes - how things have changed indeed. :shock: :shock: :sad:

With the possible exception of Tai - I can't think of anyone these days who would rate at all in THAT company. :sad: :sad:

Yes WK at the time we took those quality riders for granted, over a period we had PC, Lee,Simmons,Betts, Wilson, both Boocock,s Ashby ,Louis, Kennett, Mort, and even riders later on like Wyer Davis, Cartwright (ex) were very good riders also.

On the face of no, but why are they beating us? You have to ask that question..

And people are going to have to accept, we are going to get beat.. But unless we do that, we ain't going to move forward.

Spot on Starman, i predict it is a minimum of a 5 or a 10 year plan, even then i am not confident.We are light years behind is fifth good anough i would rather have a bit of doom and gloom but improve over a period of time once Rossiters honeymoon period is over will he make that much difference motivation skills take you only so far.

even further down the order ian turner, tony Davey. les Collins, the list is endless

So right Colin, since say 1970/ 83 riders England have had at our disposal E Boocock. N.Boocock P. Collins N.Collins Phil Collins, Louis, Ray Wilson, Reg Wilson, Simmons,Ashby,Wyer, Haley, Pratt, Younghusband, Kilby, Lee,Jessup,Davey, Carter,Cartwright, Pusey, Wilkinson,Davis,got to be a few i have missed as well.
  • Like 1

Still can't turn selling platers into Derby horses, no matter how much enthusiaum you have..Simples... But im affraid people will have to accept the fact that if Rosco does pitch some of these kids in the deep end then you will have to expect them to be tailed off. But im affraid what other choice does Rosco have.. When you think the lads like Cook Worrell Barker Kennet Bridger are still light years away from the Poles Danes Aussie second strings if you like, then you drop down further. So work it out for yourselves. We are miles behind the above, So if anybody expects Rosco and Morris to work wonders and pull bunnies out the hat in 5 minutes they are dreaming. We have just got to accept, we are not good enough, and the best we can hope for is the race off. That said, its now worth mixing the kids and say go out and do your best.. no presure..

No one expects them to Beat the Danes Poles etc ...what they do expect is to ride to standard when don't get beat by the likes of Latvia and the Usa etc like they did under Middlo ...so if Rosco can do that most will be happy .

• Like 1

Still can't turn selling platers into Derby horses

Yet Latvia and the USA seemingly did!

(albeit with the help of double-agent Muddlo).

No one expects them to Beat the Danes Poles etc ...what they do expect is to ride to standard when don't get beat by the likes of Latvia and the Usa etc like they did under Middlo ...so if Rosco can do that most will be happy .

Right and be also rans for ever! you are deluded those nations you have named have not always been powerhouses have they? it takes hard work why can't we be again again it won't happen overnight but at least try though could i care less if we beat the USA and Latvia no. Edited by sidney

Right and be also rans for ever! you are deluded those nations you have named have not always been powerhouses have they? it takes hard work why can't we be again again it won't happen overnight but at least try though could i care less if we beat the USA and Latvia no.

Why would be also rans :wink: for ever if we beat the Usa and Latvia ? why won't we be working hard ? who said it would happen overnight ?

Edited by orion

Sorry but I can't understand a word of that .

Try reading it, word, by word, very s l o w l y, then you might get the gist...Yes, we should beat the Latvians and the USA, but even that shows you haw far down the pecking order we really are. Even the USA are knowhere near the force they used to be... Now as i said in another post, if Rosco puts out a lot of the kids, then nobody can complain not if, when we get beat, because at this moment in time the only real international rider we have is Tai. But im affraid its the only way forward...

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 2

Right and be also rans for ever! you are deluded those nations you have named have not always been powerhouses have they? it takes hard work why can't we be again again it won't happen overnight but at least try though could i care less if we beat the USA and Latvia no.

We dont want to be also rans forever. Thats the point. What was Middlo doing to stop us being also rans either now or in the future?

I happen to believe that without too much effort we are SWC finalists and on the right day can make the top 3 in the SWC final. Lets do that, lets get ourself into solid SWC finalists. THEN we can start introducing a youth element to build for the future. But Middlo did neither did he?

Phil Morris is doing a good job working with some talented young kids ATM and bring them on, they'll become the SWC rider of a few years time. I could begrudgingly accept 7th place if we had gone with a team of Woffinden, Cook, Worrall and Garrity who IMO should be able to give Team USA a run for their money anyway but we didn't.

Either aim to get the best result possible (technically 1st but realistically 3rd) or go with youth and give them a realistic target.

Try reading it, word, by word, very s l o w l y, then you might get the gist...Yes, we should beat the Latvians and the USA, but even that shows you haw far down the pecking order we really are. Even the USA are knowhere near the force they used to be...

So as people have been saying we should be doing better ? at last the penny has dropped

how bout world pairs reintroduction? fitting it in clear problem..but with venues like Cardiff/parken etc. no reason why it couldn't be done any month of the year?

So as people have been saying we should be doing better ? at last the penny has dropped

Yes we should be doing better, we are a million miles away from what we was in 04, but we are not, why, because we don't have the calibra of rider coming through, we do not have riders with desire, we do not, have riders with ambition. and that appart from sponsorship is our problem. The USA were once a world force, they are not now, why?

Edited by Starman2006

Why would be also rans :wink: for ever if we beat the Usa and Latvia ? why won't we be working hard ? who said it would happen overnight ?

You are happy to beat those two are you not? are you willing to rebuild have a different structure a different way of thinking of the last 5 years.?

So sponsorship from Vauxhall will solve everything?

However you spell it..