British Speedway Forum
hagonshocker

Rosco Team Gb Boss

What you unsurprisingly fail to comprehend is that SWC meetings are not run on tiddly little trick tracks like Monmore or Kirky Lane. They are ridden on large fast tracks and riders like Cooke wouldn't see Janowski for dust.

To compare the two on an international stage shows your lack of knowledge of international speedway.

But some international meetings are held on tracks like a ploughed field thats another type of tricktrack.

Big mistake by Mr Middleditch in 2013 was he should have stuck with Cookie for meeting at Marketa where gating is so important or used Ben Barker at KL on a track which IMO suits him better.

• Like 2

What you unsurprisingly fail to comprehend is that SWC meetings are not run on tiddly little trick tracks like Monmore or Kirky Lane. They are ridden on large fast tracks and riders like Cooke wouldn't see Janowski for dust.

To compare the two on an international stage shows your lack of knowledge of international speedway.

You compared the 2 in the EL. If Cooke is awful at Poole, then Janowski is beyond dreadful at Monmore.

No one is comparing them on the World stage, or should be.

Cook is better in the EL however.

But some international meetings are held on tracks like a ploughed field thats another type of tricktrack.

Big mistake by Mr Middleditch in 2013 was he should have stuck with Cookie for meeting at Marketa where gating is so important or used Ben Barker at KL on a track which IMO suits him better.

Thats real convienient of you to bring this up after the event. Im sure you'l do exactly the same if Rosco happened to get something wrong,,, won't you... Neil picked the side as he saw it, im very sure you could do better .... not.

Thats real convienient of you to bring this up after the event. Im sure you'l do exactly the same if Rosco happened to get something wrong,,, won't you... Neil picked the side as he saw it, im very sure you could do better .... not.

I said when Cookie was dropped for the playoff to mates and may have even posted on here that it was a bad decision.Marketa suits gaters Cookie can gate when I got an A in O level maths all those years ago that would have been a CSE algebraic equation.The manager should have taken Cookie its the old problem he aint gonna get experience sat at home. No doubt in a few seasons if Cookie succumbs to the call from the south coast he'll be the greatest signing ever to tbose who worship at The Quayside

We all picked it up before the event. And that Kennett should never have been picked.

PS like most Oxford supporters I think Rosco is a Tommy Tanker but as I posted earlier on this thread I hope he does ok I like a bit of enthusiasm and I feel he has it in abundance.

To come behind Latvia and the Usa means that is was almost impossible not to do better .

• Like 2

I said when Cookie was dropped for the playoff to mates and may have even posted on here that it was a bad decision.Marketa suits gaters Cookie can gate when I got an A in O level maths all those years ago that would have been a CSE algebraic equation.The manager should have taken Cookie its the old problem he aint gonna get experience sat at home. No doubt in a few seasons if Cookie succumbs to the call from the south coast he'll be the greatest signing ever to tbose who worship at The Quayside

To come behind Latvia and the Usa means that is was almost impossible not to do better .

Are you that dumb to think that is a certainty? Should it be a certainty? do you believe you have to just turn up and beat these teams.It is not a Devine right of ours to presume we will do so. Edited by sidney

Are you that dumb to think that is a certainty? Should it be a certainty? do you believe you have to just turn up and beat these teams.It is not a Devine right of ours to presume we will do so.

Yes .

Rather than just making one appointment why does nt the bspa set out a blueprint we can follow. For now Rosco is not a bad choice. Phil Morris is the prince waiting in the wings. Phil should have the widest possible mandate and budget to get the next generation through to a world standard. It should be made clear now that unless there is a change of circumstances he will be Roscos successor. Like wise someone maybe even a current rider should be being groomed as Phils successor.

As for riders we have to accept the current generation cannot compete at the very top ie top three or four. We have to look at fast tracking some of the talent we have like Garrity and Lambert. Set up test matches for them home and away give them a lions series in OZ find them places in foreign leagues so they can progress on the same playing field as their foreign counterparts. This is what the sky money should have been used for!

Rather than just making one appointment why does nt the bspa set out a blueprint we can follow. For now Rosco is not a bad choice. Phil Morris is the prince waiting in the wings. Phil should have the widest possible mandate and budget to get the next generation through to a world standard. It should be made clear now that unless there is a change of circumstances he will be Roscos successor. Like wise someone maybe even a current rider should be being groomed as Phils successor.

As for riders we have to accept the current generation cannot compete at the very top ie top three or four. We have to look at fast tracking some of the talent we have like Garrity and Lambert. Set up test matches for them home and away give them a lions series in OZ find them places in foreign leagues so they can progress on the same playing field as their foreign counterparts. This is what the sky money should have been used for!

• Like 3

Yes .

Yes .

A team consisting of say? Tai, Cook,Harris,KIng i wouldn't exspect to much from that side.Again results for me are not that important anyway, ok we come fifth so what it is how we try to bridge the gap and bring riders through.Most people would say Rossiters strength is his motivation skills that i am afraid will only take him so far.Forget about winning we need to find a way of bringing riders through who can compete on the world stage easier said than done. Edited by sidney

Are you that dumb to think that is a certainty? Should it be a certainty? do you believe you have to just turn up and beat these teams.It is not a Devine right of ours to presume we will do so.

There's no way on this planet that GB should be losing to the likes of Latvia and USA. That result was inexcusable with the riders we had at our disposal.

• Like 3

There's no way on this planet that GB should be losing to the likes of Latvia and USA. That result was inexcusable with the riders we had at our disposal.

RIght we had plenty to choose from is that right?

RIght we had plenty to choose from is that right?

We have plenty more than the likes of USA and Latvia, that's for sure.

• Like 1

We have plenty more than the likes of USA and Latvia, that's for sure.

The likes of Kennett,Bridger, King,Barker(ect) are they world class in your opinion?.When you compare the likes of MJJ, Bech, both Pawlicki brothers Dudek just a few examples we are light years behind.The worrying thing is i would not pick any of the old guard just to get short term results Tai and Cook would be my only certain starters, for me it will be interesting the way Rossiter goes about thing,s.