British Speedway Forum
bullet

The Stags Ride Again!

Well its official Scunthorpe stags are set to join the NL with a tie in with Poole.

This could be an exciting team to watch over the next couple of years and should help continue the heathens stream of riders!! Only joking with that comment but there are some very promising riders I expect to be in the team and could produce some more quality riders although I don't expect many of them to be household names yet.

• Like 1

My only regret is The IOW seem to have missed a trick, but this is great news nonetheless.

This could work well for both teams, but I am not sure if future riders will become assets of Poole or Scunthorpe.

This could work well for both teams, but I am not sure if future riders will become assets of Poole or Scunthorpe.

I'll be honest, i dont give a toss about the stags themselves, but i'm all for a team coming back...so brilliant news for all concerned.

Well done to all involved - enjoy your season folks..

Tom

I presume the way it will work poole will either have to sign them from scunny or keep the partnership running to be able to pick a rider as an asset in next years (or future years) draft. Scunny will be doing most the hard work running the team the meetings and training the riders with matt presumably paying some costs to cherry pick the best riders coming through whether straight from the saints or after they have progressed to the scorpions

Time for people to guess the riders now. I was speaking to a friend last ight who struggled to think of enough to finish the teams already in the league let alone another team but i recon i could name 2 teams of riders epecially new 3pt riders

Edited by The Scunthorpe bullet
  • Like 1

I guess Matt's involvement will be mainly financial, with Scunny doing the majority of the leg work, With Scunny benefiting inthe first instance with Poole having some kind of "option" on the riders likely to be able to make a go of it in the EL.

Sounds like a good deal for both clubs.....

How are Scunthorpe going to get Poles and Aussies into the NL - Poole don't do British riders :) Great to see Scunthorpe back in the NL

• Like 3

If we could just get IOW back on board it would be a nice round 10 teams.Great for the League and welcome back Stags. :t:

• Like 3

Just to clarify that while it is a partnership between the two clubs, ALL the Stags home meetings will take place at Scunthorpe's Eddie Wright Raceway.

There's been several people who have formed the idea that home meetings will be shared, probably because of the previous link-up with Sheffield in 2011 when that did happen.

In this case, ALL the home meetings take place at Scunthorpe.

All the best

Rob

Just to clarify that while it is a partnership between the two clubs, ALL the Stags home meetings will take place at Scunthorpe's Eddie Wright Raceway.

There's been several people who have formed the idea that home meetings will be shared, probably because of the previous link-up with Sheffield in 2011 when that did happen.

In this case, ALL the home meetings take place at Scunthorpe.

All the best

Rob

Will they all be double headers after a PL meeting Rob? Or will there be any standalone NL fixtures

Will they all be double headers after a PL meeting Rob? Or will there be any standalone NL fixtures

I would imagine,where possible they will be run as double headers but weather and other stuff can often change that!

Im so pleased Scunny will jump back into the NL,and from what ive seen recently there is some very talented kids to put in that 1-7