British Speedway Forum
Woz01

Elite Riders Championship - 25/09/2014

By the reports Leicester is packed for the Ben Fund, £16 for Adults. I know it is the first meeting this year and the sun is out but the price must have some effect.

• Like 1

The BLRC was fllawed as soon as there became less than 16 teams in the top division.

It's effectively now gone the same way as the KOC.

The league has become a warm-up and the champions are now the best team over 4 meetings.

apart from that everything's fine...

• Like 1

The BLRC was fllawed as soon as there became less than 16 teams in the top division.

It's effectively now gone the same way as the KOC.

The league has become a warm-up and the champions are now the best team over 4 meetings.

apart from that everything's fine...

No post will ever hit the nail on the head any harder than this one... :t:

The numbers game of pricing is very difficult. The judgement of how much the BSPA can earn from this meeting is very tricky. The costs of putting on the meeting are almost entirely fixed. Rent of the stadium, printing programmes, rider fees, stadium staff etc. are all known I would imagine. The only variable is the income on the gate.

A £25 entrance brings income of £20.83 after VAT per adult. If as an example the entrance is reduced to £16 as someone suggested above, I think, the per adult income drops to £13.33. Therefore the crowd would need to increase by 56% to make the same income (using a very simplified calculation) and I have to admit I am not sure this would work.

The show casing of the sport and opportunities of promoting the sport more generally are of course ignored in the pure number calculation.

There are people that will attend the meeting at £25 irrespective of sky tv, there are the that wouldn't go even if the entrance was £16. So the only judgement would be how many more would go t the lower price.

The numbers game of pricing is very difficult. The judgement of how much the BSPA can earn from this meeting is very tricky. The costs of putting on the meeting are almost entirely fixed. Rent of the stadium, printing programmes, rider fees, stadium staff etc. are all known I would imagine. The only variable is the income on the gate.

A £25 entrance brings income of £20.83 after VAT per adult. If as an example the entrance is reduced to £16 as someone suggested above, I think, the per adult income drops to £13.33. Therefore the crowd would need to increase by 56% to make the same income (using a very simplified calculation) and I have to admit I am not sure this would work.

The show casing of the sport and opportunities of promoting the sport more generally are of course ignored in the pure number calculation.

There are people that will attend the meeting at £25 irrespective of sky tv, there are the that wouldn't go even if the entrance was £16. So the only judgement would be how many more would go t the lower price.

I think the main point here is that the meeting is still costing £25, despite Sky's live coverage!!

What an ideal opportunity missed for the BSPA (and Sky) to demonstrate the best way to utilise the TV money to incentivise a decent crowd by only charging a reasonable admission fee!!

• Like 2

I personally cannot see anything wrong with £25 admission, if we want a professional sport and see the top riders they have to be paid for, and at the end of the day it's less than going to see a normal football league match at say, Villa Park, and you would not say then, well it's on Sky or Match of the Day so I expect a reduction, it would not happen.

If people really cannot afford it, they always have the National League for a tenner, but every now and again, it's nice to have a treat and see the top stars in action, live at the stadium, not stuck in front of the telly eh! We only live once.

The BLRC was fllawed as soon as there became less than 16 teams in the top division..

Really...since 1982 then?

Funny, I enjoyed watching the likes of carter gundersen morton and nielsen claim the title at hyde rd without realizing it was flawed...

So what does 25 quid get me ?

Who do I get to see ?

Have struggled to find a listing of who is due to appear.

Of course, come the day no doubt there will be riders who were scheduled to appear but "washing their hair" instead.

The Brandonapolis, which would have probably have run at Cpventry, if not the "elite" riders championship, could possibly have the same riders, just checking their set-ups and reliability. Waste of what once was a great meeting. Sounds sad, but remember the days of the Hyde Road equivalent and enjoying the fun of the fair before hand.

BSPA trying to line their pockets once again and taking the 'taking the Mickey' out of the fans once again.

Of a choice of the 2, would rather attend the havvy meeting at Poole 2 nights before - and I live 2.5 miles from Brandon !!

• Like 1

So is the price £12.50 or £25?

Phrase about being unable to arrange a gathering in a brewery springs to mind.

Edited by Speedball

I'm not whining about it as you so kindly put it, I'm simply seeking clarification to ensure it's not an error on Sky's part.

I looked on the Sky ticket site when it the initiative was launched and the price was £25. All the prices on the press releases and on here say £25. Now unannounced it's suddenly £12.50.

Personally I hope it is, might be tempted to travel for it now. Certainly wouldn't for £25.

Edited by Speedball

I personally cannot see anything wrong with £25 admission, if we want a professional sport and see the top riders they have to be paid for, and at the end of the day it's less than going to see a normal football league match at say, Villa Park, and you would not say then, well it's on Sky or Match of the Day so I expect a reduction, it would not happen.

If people really cannot afford it, they always have the National League for a tenner, but every now and again, it's nice to have a treat and see the top stars in action, live at the stadium, not stuck in front of the telly eh! We only live once.

Actually it does happen.

There have been many football matches with reduced prices when they are shown live on TV.

Seems as though someone from Sky or the BSPA (Neil Watson?) actually takes notice of some of the comments on here!!

Excellent move by whoever it was - half price (£12.50) entry for all Adults, if paid in advance - a great bit of promotion which they need to shout about!!!!!

• Like 8