British Speedway Forum

I think Bomber for whatever reason has struggled to attract GP riders and other GB team mates. I really think the likes of Scott Nicholls and Tai Woofinden should be turning out for Bomber and supporting him on his big day. We all know that these meetings need the big names to be included, I just find it surprising that at least half the field are not GP riders. Anyway, I will be there, Bomber on his day still provides those breath taking passes and deserves good support for his service to Coventry and British Speedway.

• Like 2

I think Bomber for whatever reason has struggled to attract GP riders and other GB team mates. I really think the likes of Scott Nicholls and Tai Woofinden should be turning out for Bomber and supporting him on his big day. We all know that these meetings need the big names to be included, I just find it surprising that at least half the field are not GP riders. Anyway, I will be there, Bomber on his day still provides those breath taking passes and deserves good support for his service to Coventry and British Speedway.

Think harris has picked riders with a coventry connection, either riders he is friends with or has ridden with over the years. Why pick GP stars for the sake of it. It's no secret he's not great friends with Nicholls.

I think it's a good line up and I'm looking forward to it.

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

Bomber has already stated that he has tried to get riders that he has ridden with at club level. Two more riders still to be announced I wonder if he will name them at tomorrow's meeting.

Harris said at last nights meeting that there are several riders that haven't even got back to him which I think is very rude. There's also now things happening in Poland that makes it harder.

He said he wants the line up to be riders he's ridden with over the years and that he did invite Nicholls but he already has Poland and Belle Vue commitments that weekend.

I personally like the line up and hope there is a big crowd. Harris has given a lot not only to Coventry bees but also when guesting for other EL teams in the league.

• Like 2

I couldn't hear properly but I think Harris said something about he asked riders who are now in the pairs event in Poland the day before.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 1

I could hear properly but I think he sola I'd something about he asked riders who are now in the pairs event in Poland the day before.

Yes he did. Does this mean Doyle will no longer be in the line up or will he be coming back for it?

• Like 1

What's the prices for this meeting please

TICKETS
£20 - Adult
£5 - Child 11-15 years
£1 - Child under 10 years
£14 - Students / OAP's - Only available to buy at Coventry Stadium

(Press Practice & Meetings prior to event & on the day))

VIP TICKETS
VIP Hospitality Tickets (LIMITED TO Only 40 tickets available)
£100 per person
Includes:
Admission Via VIP Entrance
Diamond Lounge hospitality
Buffet
Free bar - Beer & Wine (NO spirits)
Centre green access for a race
Track & Pit walk with Chris Harris
Photo taken with Chris Harris by professional photographer
a Souvenir Programme

No Scott Nicholls?

Chris said at last Fridays meeting that he had invited Scott who had wanted to attend but had commitments in Poland.

Good value for 33 heats of racing

33 heats? :o Blimey! I'd better take my tea as well as my dinner. It's going to be a long day. :lol:

• Like 1

33 heats? :o Blimey! I'd better take my tea as well as my dinner. It's going to be a long day. :lol:

Lol

There are the 24 heats of the testimonial meeting. Plus 3 heats from kelvin, Louis and Andersen.

Then from 1pm - 2pm there are 6 heats from the youngsters

Hoping the weather is going to be kind for this meeting.

• Like 1

Lol

There are the 24 heats of the testimonial meeting. Plus 3 heats from kelvin, Louis and Andersen.

Then from 1pm - 2pm there are 6 heats from the youngsters

Hoping the weather is going to be kind for this meeting.

could i just check, although they are advertising a 2.00 start all the youth races are before that?