British Speedway Forum
ColinMills

Start Line "models"

I would. The pink one is HOT !!

There's a queue, no skipping!

I think that start line models are essential to the future of speedway.

In fact I would go as far as to say that if it wasn't for the start line models I wouldn't even watch speedway.

That's how strongly I feel about this subject.

Edited by Telboy68
  • Like 2

Great to see the thoughtfulness on this thread showing no sign of letting up. Remarkable really, considering how institutional misogyny can cloud an individual’s judgment, you know, like the tendency to conflate the questioning of the speedway arena playing host to the crass objectification of women - a full 51% of the population - with the pathologically prudish and bigoted views of the late Mary Whitehouse.

Also, lovely to note that people find it appropriate to re-imagine the start girls as colourful sheep. Surely no one in their right mind would think start girls were akin to four dumb animals who were there just to be abused, would they?

Hmm, exactly who would be behaving like sheep in all this, and which shepherd might they be following? Barry Hearn? Benny Hill? Brian...Cox (ooh er, fnaar, fnaar!)?

Of course, it’s all just a laugh, I know - harmless fun for the boys. And speedway does need a lift, doesn’t it? Why, even die-hard fans now seem to be viewing speedway as increasingly a load of pants (four pairs, to be precise). Whatever must the rest think?

It's actually a professional career taken up by many women around the world and one in which they can earn good money, or perhaps you would prefer them chained to the kitchen sink.

The point of the comments made is that if you are going to employ people in such roles, it would make sense to employ the good ones otherwise it can be counter-productive, as with any role.

You clearly have a problem, likely stems from jealousy. :)

I think having the girls teetering about in their heels, blowing kisses and pouting is a bit old hat now, think of something else they can do to wow the cameras!

maybe start line guys in boxers to attract more female supporters ?

(that'll get the old un's frothing at the mouth)

I hope the above pictures are not in Berwick Pies. :sad: :sad:

That's new. Not sure I'd want to try it.

Have only ever had meat in my pies, but pictures not so sure?

I thought the start-line girls did take the sport seriously but they appear to be on the BSF so that's my theory blown out of the water.

It's actually a professional career taken up by many women around the world and one in which they can earn good money, or perhaps you would prefer them chained to the kitchen sink.

The point of the comments made is that if you are going to employ people in such roles, it would make sense to employ the good ones otherwise it can be counter-productive, as with any role.

You clearly have a problem, likely stems from jealousy. :)

You forgot - doing the Ironing. :t::wink: