British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
James 12345

Riga Gp Tickets 2014

Where did you get this form from i bought from these and need to fill one out to get a refund?

Follow this link

http://www.bilesuserviss.lv/eng/news/news/fim-speedway-grand-prix-in-riga-has-been-cancelled-by-the-fim-jury-16-08-2014/

Note at the bottom says money refunds accepted till 22/08/14, I'm pretty sure this date has moved. I took mine to the Riga Congress Centre on the Monday. Still no refund and I've sent them 2 emails both of which have been completely ignored. Unless something happens soon and refunds are paid out then I might suggest a mass communication with BSI asking them to get involved, although at the moment they seem to have covered themselves in teflon. Their performance on this whole issue, the cancellation and the follow up information has been absolutely pathetic. We really need to get hold of these clowns and kick their backsides.

• Like 2

I look forward to reading the Star tomorrow then.

The basic questions still remain and are;

1) was the track prepared properly with sufficient drainage and suitable material?

2) if the answer is yes and assuming the weather was too bad on Saturday, why not run it in Riga on Sunday. The weather was fine on Sunday, we were paddling in the Baltic!

3) if the answer is no, then who is to blame for the poor track preparation?

We were there from Thursday. Yes there were some showers, some quite heavy, but nothing that should have completely ruined a suitable track. If that GP had been on a "normal-permanent" track it would have been fine for Sunday if Saturday proved to be too much.

I was there on Friday and Saturday and like you I agree there were heavy showers but nothing that should have prevented a meeting going ahead on a properly prepared track that had all the necessary equipment in place to do any remedial work. In fact there was a very heavy shower just before the meeting at Daugavpils which had no real impact at all.

I feel BSI actually played up the Riga weather and were probably hoping it would be much worse than it was so to give them a convenient excuse. As you say if the track had been properly prepared we would have seen Speedway on Saturday evening or by Sunday at the latest.

• Like 1

Has anyone received there ticket refund yet

I have had two replies from them saying my card details are wrong

They are time wasting and being unhelpful.

Anyone got any ideas what or who to contact

There are many reasons coming to light, including delay in refunds, that will stack up against people making the effort to go to a Latvia GP in Riga should it ever be placed there again.

You would have thought the organisers would have the brains to think things through, like how we going to handle the situation if (this happens, or that happens)

Agreed Ove.

The problem is there is nobody organising anything and that is why we ended up in this mess to begin with and I guess it's not really surprising the lack of organisation continues.

Looks like nobody cares, they don't, it's all about making money, not giving it back!

Looks like nobody cares, they don't, it's all about making money, not giving it back!

Tell me have you got your refund yet and if so let's all know how to get ours you always seem to know all about the GP's

Hi all, just to let you know I got my refund within a few days of filling the form in they sent me via email, back on 1st september. Best of luck with yours.