British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Islander15

Leicester Join The National Trophy

Leicester will ride in the National Trohy alongside Stoke, Mildenhall and Kent. They hope to include Lions Tom Perry & Max Clegg and will get their other 5 riders from other teams not competing in the NT.

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.23754

Good luck to them and I hope the Leicester public turn out in force and they can compete in the league as well next season!

So will basically end up being a best of the rest side from the NL!

What an absolute joke.

EDIT:

So, they could line up like this, for the hell of it

1) Stefan Nielsen 8.00

2) Liam Carr 6.87

3) Tom Perry 6.30

4) Max Clegg 6.27

5) Luke Crang 4.78

6) Matt Williamson 3.33

7) Nathan Greaves 4.00

And basically walk the competition...

Edited by vog

It'll be great if they call themselves Long Eaton or Wembley or something,then they can produce badges and stuff and everyone can say they have seen Wembley or High Beech or whatever.........

• Like 1

I actually do wonder if some people who post on the BSF actually LIKE the sport of Speedway at all... For some, and iris123 is a classic example, it seems just about them sniping as much as possible and trying (though failing badly, certainly in his case..) to be funny, while denegrating all the efforts of people & clubs actually trying to improve the sport.

If - as is the case with iris123 - you hold the whole of the third tier in such contempt, maybe you would do better to steer clear of this section of the BSF?

• Like 1

Thought you made a big song and dance about how you was putting me on 'ignore'? Do yourself a favour and keep your word

Thought you had also previously made a similar suggestion that teams could call themselves something else to attract other fans.Ok i was a bit tongue in cheek,but Long Eaton was a possible ok choice.Don't really care for your opinion on me Parsloes.This isn't a place for personal attacks.Just to üut the record straight though i certainly don't hold the third tier in contempt.Just usual rubbish from you.I go to my fair share of junior meetings including the world 80cc finals last season

I hope this thread doesn't move on to the subject of Leicesters track...oops. Seriously though the addition of Devon, Scunthorpe and now Leicester has to be welcomed as the National League needs the extra numbers.

sounds like a good idea. Maybe not a 1 to 7 of other teams riders but, maybe some new faces. If he public turn up then they may enter a team into the third tier next season,well worth a try.Good luck leicester speedway.

What an absolute joke.

EDIT:

So, they could line up like this, for the hell of it

1) Stefan Nielsen 8.00

2) Liam Carr 6.87

3) Tom Perry 6.30

4) Max Clegg 6.27

5) Luke Crang 4.78

6) Matt Williamson 3.33

7) Nathan Greaves 4.00

And basically walk the competition...

I've said it before and i'll say it again....It's up to the other riders to step it up. After all they are looking to progress and.......they will need 'paying'

I've said it before and i'll say it again....It's up to the other riders to step it up. After all they are looking to progress and.......they will need 'paying'

It just makes a joke of the competition though. Why should they agree to do 6 fixtures (Potentially 8) and cherry pick a team.

What happens if, as can happen, meetings get called off, and they only get to run their final 3 trophy meetings after the new averages come out. Do they pick from the old averages? Or the new? Or a mixture?

It's just ridiculous. Yes, if you want to join just that competition, do it, but don't talk about having your pick of the NL, and hoping to use a couple of riders where possible. IF you are going to do it, pick a team and stick to it.

Personally I think the club should be applauded for entering a competition in the national league.Not only will it be a confidence boost for their Elite League reserves but will also give extra rides to a few other young brits too.Who knows , one or two may catch the eye on a track that is not seen by many national league riders.2015 draft reserves in the making?

Its just a shame more clubs cant/wont give more chances to the youngsters.

• Like 1

IF you are going to do it, pick a team and stick to it.

I'm sure they will do that. There used to be this sort of thing before, when the Conference Trophy contained a number of different teams to the Conference League - it worked fine then.

The prospect of a different visiting team and a different track to visit is very good news for the stand-alone clubs also competing in the NT.

And as it happens, yes I do think a different name than Leicester Lions should be used! Am sure they'll be a different nickname at least - will be interesting to see what gets the nod. Previous nicknames used have been Hunters (not very PC that these days!) and, a long way back, Hounds..

Leicester are restricted to a 40 point total the same as everyone else.

People are so negative.

It is a wonderful move by the Leicester management.

We need opportunities and they have supplied some.

Malcolm Vasey

• Like 4

It just makes a joke of the competition though. Why should they agree to do 6 fixtures (Potentially 8) and cherry pick a team.

What happens if, as can happen, meetings get called off, and they only get to run their final 3 trophy meetings after the new averages come out. Do they pick from the old averages? Or the new? Or a mixture?

It's just ridiculous. Yes, if you want to join just that competition, do it, but don't talk about having your pick of the NL, and hoping to use a couple of riders where possible. IF you are going to do it, pick a team and stick to it.

I do see your points but then by the same token other teams will be working on bigger points limits, as their averages increase as well. Wouldn't it be better to see how it plays out?

Why don't Cradley just enter and use The Tigers track! I'm pretty sure you will get fans from Cradley travel up if I was a weekend fixture!