British Speedway Forum
Mr Blobby

Benefit Fund Bonanza, Leicester 09/03

Can you let us know what you do to get it "high octane" so we can all do the same ?

Maybe its just me and my friends but we got to Wolves to enjoy our Speedway and like to make noise and add to the `octane`. Or perhaps we make our own. If people want to stand around miserable and moaning all the time then thank god they aren't by me. :t:

Monmore has to be the worst place to watch speedway.

:icon_smile_clown::icon_smile_clown:

no, it was modified last winter by moving the white line what appeared to be about a foot on the entry and a foot on the exit. You can google the alteration on youtube should you wish to be amused. This was going to be a major alteration done by Glyn Taylor but ended up a £200 job done by Co-promoter Dave Darcy on a saturday morning. Unfortunately i had bought two season tickets, along with a sponsorship based on the former happening (much as i had done after similar promises the previous year).

It hasn't been changed at all this year as far as i'm aware, but was supposedly recently getting relaid (although my uncle took a look up there a couple of weeks ago when it was supposed to be happening and told me he thought it didn't look like it had been touched).

Some work has been done recently, someone posted some photos on Facebook. Please dont ask me what was done because all I know is that the kerb had been lifted.

Programmes were sold out long before the start at the BFB, there are a small number available which have been retrieved from the printers if anyone who missed out wants to get one. If so please email ackroyd-p@hotmail.co.uk

Marathon Man Anthony Warren (running the London Marathon for the Ben Fund) raised a superb £1400 at Leicester and will also be at the ERC this Sunday.

Explain

you stated Monmore was the worst place to watch speedway.As the track is one of best prepared tracks with some of the best

racing one can only assume your complaint is because you don't like watching on the home straight. If this is so then say so

don't just post a one liner trashing Monmore et al.

My response was if you think Monmore is poor then you need to visit a few more tracks.

• Like 1

you stated Monmore was the worst place to watch speedway.As the track is one of best prepared tracks with some of the best

racing one can only assume your complaint is because you don't like watching on the home straight. If this is so then say so

My response was if you think Monmore is poor then you need to visit a few more tracks.

He probably meant Porky. :shock:

I have already said monmore is a great track on its day,but to be bunched up on the home straight is crap,a lot of people like to watch on the bends or the back straight.this is what let's wolves down.

I would bet that I have been to far more tracks than you have or will ever go too.

He probably meant Porky. :shock:

The best presenter in the business. :t:

• Like 1

The best presenter in the business. :t:

:shock::rofl:

I'm quite surprised to see Tai's race jacket appear on eBay.

I thought it wasn't available in the auction after the meeting because there had already been a very substantial bid from overseas? Still, it's good news for anyone that was disappointed that they couldn't get their hands on it (I was happy with Richard Lawson's!).

Edited by Mjolnir

Perhaps the person who bought it wants to sell it on. International episode of Bargainhunt ?

Haha, maybe! Although according to the listing it's being shipped from England and all money is going to the Ben fund.