British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MattR

Finnish Gp

That did look a good gate by Smoli which he needed being in gate 2. On results this meeting Smoli should be targeting three points here.

Ouch and as you'd expect in the re-run Smolinski gates last and finishes last. I was holding out hope we would get some 'racing' as the meeting progressed but this is all looking rather poor now.

Edited by manchesterpaul

When you have the likes of Niemenen and Harris holding off world class riders like Hampel and Iversen with ease, you know the track is crap. I wonder what the official line will be post meeting, surely they can't be happy with this?

JT.

BSI and their apologists never admit to doing the slightest thing wrong. It's always "outside forces" at work.

• Like 2

Come on Woffinden (yeah forget that woofy woofy woofy lark lol).

5pm in Britain if that's what you are asking. Two hours ahead here in Finland. Light rain and chilly so far today but the forecast is that it should clear around 15.00. Practice is at 17.00. Weather for tomorrow should be fine. Word is that all tickets will have gone today and that they are looking to squeeze a few more in!

The tented pit lane is behind the home straight grandstand. Hotel just walking distance away. Excellent facilities for fans, riders and the media. Finnish TV showing the SGP live ... normally it goes out the following week.

The track went down on top of the athletics circuit last November but will have to come out within five days. The material will be stored (no snide remarks please) ready for 2015.

"Word is that all tickets will have gone today".... Someone is telling porkies bigtime.

I think the crowds going home , sure there looks less than the start more gaps?

Btw we are now watching the cup final just switching over to see results , how sad is that

The only thing that this Grand Prix has got good going for it is..... The start line girls, absolutely crap racing and track. Bad advert for speedway. Sell out? Someone has been spinning a yarn, on that one.

Just when you thought it couldn't get any worse, they cock up the flags...

JT.

Edited by JT
  • Like 1

This is shocking for Woffinden let's hope he doesn't do a Smolinski now. Gee and there me thinking of the start marshall she not a natural blonde!

Mind you they are saying she was handed the wrong flag. But she still a stereotypical blonde as she didn't spot the mistake lol.

Edited by manchesterpaul

This would have been better at Lakeside!

• Like 1

After peacefully yawning through this with no commentary, Nigel and Kelv are now on board, so thrills it is from hereon. :rofl:

Is anyone having problems with the quality of the pictures that are being supplied? On certain camera locations my picture keeps flickering.

Looks like a Woffinden win is the only way we'll be able to get any feel good out of this meeting. We are seeing little snippets of possible good racing to come but i wouldn't bet on it.

Is anyone having problems with the quality of the pictures that are being supplied? On certain camera locations my picture keeps flickering.

I checked in that race and didn't see any, depends if they used the angle you are talking about.

Don't worry your tv may likely be fine and it's just a poltergeist thing going on...she's baaaaack!

Edited by manchesterpaul

Absolute garbage what a shocking meeting,so boring not a great advert for the sport this track reminds me of Hull.