British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
PolskiZuzel

Sgp 2015 Round On Warsaw National Stadium

According to the news circulating today in Poland, Warsaw National Stadium, will be the venue for the April 2015 round of SGP.

PZM and BSI talks have been finalised and what is only needed is the signatures at the bottom of the agreement document.

The news met with disapproval of Polish fans, who believes that the PZM and its chairman, Mr Andrzej Witkowski, is acting

like the ousted president Janukovych of Ukraine, totally living in unreal world, and out of touch with Polish speedway followers. There are even voices calling for the organized boycott of the Warsaw round.

What Polski means is the news was met with disapproval from One Sport.

Remember he has been telling us that no Polish venues want to stage GP's.

And again, as you can see already Onesport through their various spokespeople, whom this guy is clearly one off is already looking to organise a boycott.

You have to remember, OneSport is backed by the Torun owners. The Torun owners who tried to run roughshod over the sport and set their own rules last season. The PZM didn't allow that.. so not only are they targeting BSI, the PZM is also in their line of fire.

Essentially they are making efforts to take over the whole sport. It will be a sad sad day for the sport should that happen.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

You have to remember, OneSport is backed by the Torun owners. The Torun owners who tried to run roughshod over the sport and set their own rules last season. The PZM didn't allow that.. so not only are they targeting BSI, the PZM is also in their line of fire.

BSI may also have dropped their demands for the Warsaw GP in order to ensure the PZM continues to support them.

What Polski means is the news was met with disapproval from One Sport.

Remember he has been telling us that no Polish venues want to stage GP's.

And again, as you can see already Onesport through their various spokespeople, whom this guy is clearly one off is already looking to organise a boycott.

How could you possibly know what I meant? As I keep saying to ALL of you. I am a speedway fan, just like you (I hope). Not anybody's spokesman. And I am NOT TELLING you, but merely inform you what the Polish speaking opinion says/thinks. If you prefer scanning everything is being said over there, translate it through the Google machine, fine with me. Do it, if it helps you to understand complexity of others thinking.

BSI may also have dropped their demands for the Warsaw GP in order to ensure the PZM continues to support them.

That may be the case, but nothing out of order there is there?

In there report sportowe fakty are running a poll on those for or against a gp in Warsaw. At present 43% for and 57% against so not exactly one sided against a Gp

In there report sportowe fakty are running a poll on those for or against a gp in Warsaw. At present 43% for and 57% against so not exactly one sided against a Gp

Have you gone through more than 100 commentaries? I could hardly see one positive.

Have you gone through more than 100 commentaries? I could hardly see one positive.

No I didn't but the vote was about 1300 people at the time I looked and it is now 45% for 55% against with 2319 voted.

I do think it is a lot of money being quoted for two years though

No I didn't but the vote was about 1300 people at the time I looked and it is now 45% for 55% against with 2319 voted.

I do think it is a lot of money being quoted for two years though

I don't think any normal Polish fans are in the slightest bit concerned with how much Warsaw have paid to host the GP. Don't forget that figure is in Zlotys, not pounds. So its about £296,000 to £390,000

MORE propaganda from our Polish friends but have said before that PZM are desperate to have a SGP (not an SEC!) at their national stadium like the Danes and Swedes and Brits (the Millennium is our adopted home)...

MORE propaganda from our Polish friends but have said before that PZM are desperate to have a SGP (not an SEC!) at their national stadium like the Danes and Swedes and Brits (the Millennium is our adopted home)...

But no need to counter with some propaganda from the other side!!! Cardiff isn't our national stadium and i thought parken was being used this year because of the DMU jubilee otherwise it would have been dropped? It is good news though with Warsaw.No need to go ott and no real need to take much notice of a poll on sportowefakty.The Poles are moaners just like a lot of speedway fans.They were talking about a boycott when the new silencers came in......and even if just 45% of Polish fans turn up then the stadium will be full i'd guess

It's not propaganda, and it's not the PZM who are desperate to have a SGP on their National Stadium. It is its chairman who is desperate to win a place for himself in Geneva.

Edited by PolskiZuzel

If that's over two years, isn't that a fair bit less than what they got out of Gorzow?

Maybe so yes,

I was answering someone who was saying too much was paid though.